Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Are you certain of this? I personally feel that there might be DR's at some point .8 second wrath under Moon and Stars feels very wasteful.
    This happens every expansion and it has never been an issue. As long as your starfire isnt capped then youre fine. Plus faster full moons is always good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    This happens every expansion and it has never been an issue. As long as your starfire isnt capped then youre fine. Plus faster full moons is always good.
    Haste also directly increases dot damage too!

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    Twisting Wind got nerfed hard so it's safe to say it's no longer BIS
    I still like it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/character/kiljaeden/Mohots/

But honestly I like it because we saw 0 Nyth trinkets on Normal/heroic (0 in both splits both weeks)/Mythic.

I do however really Like Mulligan if you can get a 870+ one like the one i'm wearing.(Its actually 4526 at 870 shows up wrong on armory)

I'd say my tiers
    tier 1 Nyth Trinket/875+ Spiked tongue
    tier 2 High Mulligan 870+/High Horn 870+/High Oakhearts
    tier 3 Twisted wind (1700 int still makes it really good)
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-09-30 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    I've never had plaguehives proc anything significantly higher than twisting winds is.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    My Hive routinely does around 5% of my dmg on single target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    No caster/rdps besides fire mage and hunter are optimal for mythic+, they just have too much ramp up to an aoe that's still nowhere close to most melee and fire mage/barrage.

You'll still be able to do mythic+, it will just be tighter on execution to clear timers.
    Except mythic+ especially on higher levels isn't only about dps but about utility. Also, out AoE is really decent if you spec for it and for Mythic+ there really isn't much reason to spec for anything else since out AoE spec still does decent single target (works better with movement than our pure ST spec)

Link?

It's values on live from beta/simcraft are half of what they were. Simcraft is overestimating it. It says it hits baseline (in my gear) for 35k (one target). While on live it's half that.

Tormenting Cyclone from simcraft: Hit: 39336 Crit: 78677

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17 Live version
    Last edited by Liax; 2016-09-30 at 10:41 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, Shock Baton for NA!! Make me jealous with your lucky rolls my fabulous turkey friends. I will get my 825 Let Shard when I get home but I know one of y'all will get lucky!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    It's values on live from beta/simcraft are half of what they were. Simcraft is overestimating it. It says it hits baseline (in my gear) for 35k (one target). While on live it's half that.

Tormenting Cyclone from simcraft: Hit: 39336 Crit: 78677

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17 Live version
    Simcraft assumes that all the cyclones are hitting the target really, when that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Except mythic+ especially on higher levels isn't only about dps but about utility. Also, out AoE is really decent if you spec for it and for Mythic+ there really isn't much reason to spec for anything else since out AoE spec still does decent single target (works better with movement than our pure ST spec)

lol moonkin utility is pretty shit. You don't even have an aoe stun let alone a damage reduction or damage output increase cooldown for your group.

And moonkin aoe even if specced for it doesn't touch the classes I mentioned.

lol moonkin utility is pretty shit. You don't even have an aoe stun let alone a damage reduction or damage output increase cooldown for your group.

Treants are so useful as is your aoe interrupt.

Also got a shock baton finally and it didn't warforge. 825. Feelsbadman

Force of Nature is extremely powerful in Mythic +

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    The AoE argument isn't a strong one when you look at what Fire Mages, Destro Locks or MM Hunters are bursting on cleave or AoE. The difference is massive.

Solar Beam is pretty damn OP for higher Mythic+ runs though and FoN has exceptional utility as well. And while we're not the best comp, we still manage just fine. You won't be brought to top progression (since that's all about cheesing the dungeon through your comp), but if that's your end game then you shouldn't be playing Balance.

And we still have the best battle res in the game of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Treants are so useful as is your aoe interrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Force of Nature is extremely powerful in Mythic +
    What kind of tanks are you guys running with that they want you to be pulling aggro with FoN? Ignoring the damage increases that some tanks gain from mobs hitting them - relying on Treants with notoriously shoddy AI to control mobs in a tightly tuned environment like Mythic+ is just bad practice. Cotaking nsidering you're giving up one of your tools to mitigate ramp-up time (Warrior of Elune) or neglecting to take your best single-target DPS talent in the tier (Starlord) Treants are never the best choice.

When you're taking a moonkin into Mythic+, you're taking them for their strengths. Consistent AoE through chain pulls & single target burst for bosses are these strengths. Treants are not. Any tank worth a damn would much rather kite mobs than delegate to treants.

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    What kind of tanks are you guys running with that they want you to be pulling aggro with FoN? Ignoring the damage increases that some tanks gain from mobs hitting them - relying on Treants with notoriously shoddy AI to control mobs in a tightly tuned environment like Mythic+ is just bad practice. Cotaking nsidering you're giving up one of your tools to mitigate ramp-up time (Warrior of Elune) or neglecting to take your best single-target DPS talent in the tier (Starlord) Treants are never the best choice.

When you're taking a moonkin into Mythic+, you're taking them for their strengths. Consistent AoE through chain pulls & single target burst for bosses are these strengths. Treants are not. Any tank worth a damn would much rather kite mobs than delegate to treants.
    You havent done a keystone above 7 right?
    This week there was necrotic, my FoN removed all the stacks from our tank. Also during enrage so by the time I placed it down, the mobs are dead and saving mana on our healer and cooldowns on our tank.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-10-01 at 06:50 PM.

Skitterish. When you pull off all tanks because because your full moon crits for 1.5 mil and you have dots rolling on everything, you need SOMEONE to be tanking the mobs besides you.

EU had Raging and Necrotic this week. FoN is insane for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    You havent done a keystone above 7 right?
    This week there was necrotic, my FoN removed all the stacks from our tank. Also during enrage so by the time I placed it down, the mobs are dead and saving mana on our healer and cooldowns on our tank.
    Don't mind Alame, he's pretty much always completely miserable about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Don't mind Alame, he's pretty much always completely miserable about everything.
    *raises an eyebrow* Gee mr 30 post guy you sure are angry about something. Alame might not be the easiest to get along with but he's made plenty of good point in this and other threads about balance druids. Alame seems to provide rational arguments and explains why he feels certain ways about things. You on the other hand decided to post and bash someone and provide nothing of substance.

I think FoN can depend on the group you are with, the type of tank you have and the affixes presented as the challenge. I'm not saying FoN is the end all be all talent for mythic+ but I can see where it would be helpful to the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been running Myhtic+ with DH tank and Holy priest Healer.

There have been moments when both the tank and the healer are out of big CDs and active mitigation abilities. At that moment he either dips really low or dies or I throw a forest at him to save his ass.

So yeah, FoN has been really effective on our setup.

Deleted
    the two setups EU has had for 7+ so far have really favoured treants i feel. In week one with teeming + skittish, treants were at times the only way to keep the fire mage and myself from ripping aggro from the tank, and with tehre being so many mobs per pack, its somewhat nesesary to AoE them to keep in the timer.

this week its raging and necrotic, and for the high levels again, whilst you can 2-tank to swap stacks and all that, bringing a boomy with treants and guardian affinity REALLY helps. we easily made the timer for +9 Eye today, 3-4 minutes to spare with an average 855 ilvl, all becasue we could do more dps with the treants resetting stacks, and having guardian affinity to taunt swap the boss for long enough for the tank to have his stacks decay, and to be healed back to full.

Not only that but for some dungeons, solar beam is by Far the best interupt you can get. 8 seconds in AoE silence can REALLY carry on some trash packs at higher levels, looking specifically at teh drifting embers imps in court, but also in multiple other dungeons