If there was ever a doubt in my mind about balance, I just got IFE in the weekly after 1 month of absence. Coupled with ED, I'm here to stay apparently...
    In other news, does Starfall stack with itself? If yes, how many applications?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    If there was ever a doubt in my mind about balance, I just got IFE in the weekly after 1 month of absence. Coupled with ED, I'm here to stay apparently...
    In other news, does Starfall stack with itself? If yes, how many applications?
    Stellar Empowerment doesn't stack, but the each Starfall's damage does hit seperatively.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-03-27 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Stellar Empowerment doesn't stack, but the each Starfall's damage does hit seperatively.
    Thanks, so I'm free to spam Sfall at my own discretion.. cool.

Thanks, so I'm free to spam Sfall at my own discretion.. cool.
    Yes and no.
    Not counting Echoing Stars, Starfall damage is a bit under half of your total Starfall-related damage (starfall + empowerment on both dot ticks) if you don't have Stellar Drift. If you do have Stellar Drift, Starfall is about 60% of your total Starfall-related damage. Echoing stars ups both of those percentages.

So, if you spam 2 consecutive GCDs on Starfall, you don't double your aoe damage but multiply it by something like 1.5 instead. You're being much less efficient than if you waited to cast your second Starfall but more bursty.
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-03-27 at 08:48 PM.

So now that the top 4-5 trinkets are nerfed when it comes to starfall use since haste no longer impacts it, what trinket should we be using for cleave fights? Is it worth it to move from the haste trinkets to a mastery trinket or a proc trinket?

then that will hurt our ST damage portion of the fights.

sigh.
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-03-27 at 10:23 PM.

Starfall derived damage still scales with haste and haste procs. You get more dot ticks affected by stellar empowerment now. You always got 4, before the change, now you'll get at least 5 if if you've got a normal amount of haste for a moonkin. If you have a haste buff proc, you'll get more.

I think people are pretty seriously overestimating the impact this has on our aoe. Even if you had 100% haste, you were dealing full starfall damage in 4 seconds instead of 8 seconds. At actual haste values that we normally have (in the 30-40% range), the difference in the "burstiness" of our aoe isn't going to be really noticeable (we were hardly bursty aoe to begin with). Again, you get some benefit still from haste via more empowered dot ticks.

On the other hand, the change lets you generate more Astral Power while Starfall is running to make uptime easier to maintain, so it makes it easier to put starsurges into a priority target (and so get more Starlord benefit) while maintaining 100% uptime on starfall. It's just not a huge change for us either way, good or bad.
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-03-27 at 10:29 PM.

my god those healing traits. makes it harder and harder for me to stay boomkin since we don't have a druid healer.

that and 2 of their 4/4 traits are amazing.

two of our 3 don't do squat for our ST and it takes 140 million just to get to the one that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So now that the top 4-5 trinkets are nerfed when it comes to starfall use since haste no longer impacts it, what trinket should we be using for cleave fights? Is it worth it to move from the haste trinkets to a mastery trinket or a proc trinket?

then that will hurt our ST damage portion of the fights.

sigh.
    The main impact of haste on Starfall damage has always been allowing you more Stellar Empowerment uptime and more Starfall casts, the former was buffed, the latter is unaffected. Making Starfall last shorter is not a DPS gain. Starfall wasn't what makes haste so strong in MT anyway.

You'll definitely still want haste for AoE. And for single target. And pretty much everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    Yes and no.
    Not counting Echoing Stars, Starfall damage is a bit under half of your total Starfall-related damage (starfall + empowerment on both dot ticks) if you don't have Stellar Drift. If you do have Stellar Drift, Starfall is about 60% of your total Starfall-related damage. Echoing stars ups both of those percentages.

So, if you spam 2 consecutive GCDs on Starfall, you don't double your aoe damage but multiply it by something like 1.5 instead. You're being much less efficient than if you waited to cast your second Starfall but more bursty.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Different topic, how do I get offspec Legendaries without crippling my main spec loot? If I change to Guardian spec in a raid, I won't get Balance trinkets. Same for weekly cache.

Different topic, how do I get offspec Legendaries without crippling my main spec loot? If I change to Guardian spec in a raid, I won't get Balance trinkets. Same for weekly cache.
    Not possible since i dont believe they introduced the legendary tokens.
    You can open the cache as an offspec, and if you get an offspec primary legendary (not a shared one) it wont affect your badluck for the main spec

Thank you for the clarification.

Try emissary caches, LFR and such were you're not likely to get main spec loot anyway. Increased bad luck protection due to 7.2 changes should net you one fairly quickly if you have spec specific ones for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Try emissary caches, LFR and such were you're not likely to get main spec loot anyway. Increased bad luck protection due to 7.2 changes should net you one fairly quickly if you have spec specific ones for balance.
    Ok thx. I have 2 balance and 2 universal ones. If I change spec, the bad luck system considers I have 0 for that spec or 2 because universal ones?

Ok thx. I have 2 balance and 2 universal ones. If I change spec, the bad luck system considers I have 0 for that spec or 2 because universal ones?
    2 because of the class-wide ones.

How do you guys feel about the change to Sephuz? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth using Sephuz over Cinidaria moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by snackbacon View Post
    How do you guys feel about the change to Sephuz? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth using Sephuz over Cinidaria moving forward?
    I would say yes it is better than the belt.

Interesting, looks like balance druids are balanced at being last at most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by snackbacon View Post
    While we do lose some Int (no primary stats on rings), the ridiculous amount of Haste you get from the ring alone is great, plus the 10% speed is nothing to gloss over either. Plus if you can manage to proc it, it gets even more value (small adds can be silenced by Solar Beam! You don't need to interrupt, just silence!)

Cinidaria adds, at MAX, ~3% damage on an entire fight (usually less since our burst is pathetically weaker than most in the first 10% of a fight), and the healing is pretty useless.

I'm personally running OI/Sephuz atm, with my other choices being Shittidaria, ED, PoE (boots), and the Resto Shoulder.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While we do lose some Int (no primary stats on rings), the ridiculous amount of Haste you get from the ring alone is great, plus the 10% speed is nothing to gloss over either. Plus if you can manage to proc it, it gets even more value (small adds can be silenced by Solar Beam! You don't need to interrupt, just silence!)

Cinidaria adds, at MAX, ~3% damage on an entire fight (usually less since our burst is pathetically weaker than most in the first 10% of a fight), and the healing is pretty useless.

I'm personally running OI/Sephuz atm, with my other choices being Shittidaria, ED, PoE (boots), and the Resto Shoulder.
    I dont like sephuz now because of the SF haste change. For m+ I prefer LatC with IFE

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I dont like sephuz now because of the SF haste change. For m+ I prefer LatC with IFE
    I don't have LatC yet, but the other day I ran a mythic+ with another Boomkin who did and I was pretty impressed with what it did for them on trash.

Balance Druid Challenge Appearance video

https://youtu.be/Q75pjRhsHBo
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.