Yeah... I got an 860 arcano on my druid I think the 2nd time Jim was up and haven't really un-equipped it since...

And ofc my warrior has 880 and hunter has 885+socket from nethershards

I am watching Warcraftlogs and I see most moonkins are using Wild Charge now.
    What is the proper way to use it? Rotate+Jump + Activate?
    Is this better then Displacer beast because we don't lose 'global cooldowns' (if that's the correct term)?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I am watching Warcraftlogs and I see most moonkins are using Wild Charge now.
    What is the proper way to use it? Rotate+Jump + Activate?
    Is this better then Displacer beast because we don't lose 'global cooldowns' (if that's the correct term)?
    Displacer Beast teleport is typically too far and you have to shift back into Moonkin Form. Depending on where you need to go, yes rotate then wild charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Displacer Beast teleport is typically too far and you have to shift back into Moonkin Form. Depending on where you need to go, yes rotate then wild charge.
    I may try this in next week's heroic farm. I have been using displacer beast for so long, it may be a rough change. Is it generally better for soaking Armageddons on KJ? I never had an issue blinking to them.

Wild Charge is better almost everywhere, can't really tell on which ToS boss DB would be somehow crucial to take. Need to quickly get out of crap on the ground? Turn 90 degrees, Wild Charge, Starsurge - here, almost no damage lost and you're out of the crap. Need to move away from the boss to your camp (M Sisters, Desolate Host)? Wild Charge, Starsurge - and you're golden. Jumping before using WC doesn't actually increase range or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Jumping before using WC doesn't actually increase range or anything.
    It makes you look 100% cooler though

Jumping is mostly for not changing your direction of movement.

DB has two advantages, it gets you out of whatever you're in instantly, and it teleports you. With WC, you're still moving through it. Disadvantage is mainly that it puts you in cat and has a longer CD.

The core difference between the two is that WC has half the CD of DB. Wild Charge is available for basically every instance of movement you'll need it for.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    The core difference between the two is that WC has half the CD of DB. Wild Charge is available for basically every instance of movement you'll need it for.
    except as huth said, it cant teleport you through dangers, such as glaive throw on sisters, wheres displacer can safely get you through a terrible position where you would otherwise be caught

Same for mistress tornados. A fight where you wanna optimize the fish buff as muchy as you can,

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    . Jumping before using WC doesn't actually increase range or anything.
    I did a few tests and it looks to me like it does.
    Anyone else can clarify?

Dunno for other fights but personally I find WC superior for Demonic Inq. because it's just enough to get out of the void bubbles and the CD is short enough so it'll be always ready for it. Other than that I really like DB mobility so it's my go to talent mostly. But I think I will exploring WC more. I'm just less used to it since I've been using DB since WoD almost exclusivly.

Pretty much the only fight that I prefer DB over WC is sisters just to get Moon Burn off as soon as possible, the rest are kind of personal preference, only WC is better for me on Inquisition because I can disengage out of the air when exiting the prison to avoid void zones, it's also almost always up if you get targeted with one

DB goes where I'm aiming at, WC goes the opposite.

Big reason why I prefer DB

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    DB goes where I'm aiming at, WC goes the opposite.

Big reason why I prefer DB
    You need to master the art of the forward disengage. I played a hunter for a few years so had this down pat. Same thing with WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dtBz1Q4ZsQ

also, WC doesnt trigger GCD so you can cast SS during the flight. if it's within a stellar drift you can fly and cast fullmoon if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    You need to master the art of the forward disengage. I played a hunter for a few years so had this down pat. Same thing with WC.

360noscope nonsense doesn't feel very good

It does when you do it right and don't have to suffer the awful shifting GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    It does when you do it right
    I agree. I find it very fun to use, and when I pull off some precision aiming with it, like landing perfectly in a puddle I need to soak or something like that, it feels awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

That's the easy part, the hard part is remembering in a panic that you have wild charge if you frequently swap between those two talents. I often forget and end up dissengaging off the edges of things.

I made a weak aura that displays a big message, "YOU HAVE WILD CHARGE, DO NOT DISSENGAGE OFF THE EDGE!" when I enter combat for the first second or so, helps a bit.