Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do "we" have to take in ALL refugee groups (and not just Syrians?)

I can´t find anyone in my surroundings that can actually give a
    single good arguement as to why European countries have to take in every single refugee group¨.
    So I would like to ask the question here, because I know that there is a large presence of
    politically left oriantated people that oftenly seem to support it, one way or another.

Taking in Syrian refugees I can completely understand and I fully support taking them in! (At least temporary)
    But... what about the incredible numbers of refugees that come from other countries?
    A large group is coming from African countries, Bangladesh and even the Balkan! These people are looking for work and/or
    wellfare handouts.

In a city nearby they have taken in 600 "refugees" and they are all 600 African men between the ages 20-30.
    I remember people there protesting in SUPPORT of taking in refugees there, because they all saw that
    sad picture of a Syrian child washed up on a beach dead (Which really made some poeple open up on taking
    in refugees). And now.. there isnt a single Syrian person there?! But they did put in financial refugees?

So I want to ask people that are in favour of taking in these financial aid "refugees" why we, Western/EU countries,
    have to take these people in and why we shouldnt send them back?

I just wonder how this will impact the generous public welfare systems of these European countries.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I just wonder how this will impact the generous public welfare systems of these European countries.
    Whats to wonder?

A massive influx of people not accounted for in general budgets, who have basically no skills to offer and many cant speak english. How do you think it will impact the generous welfare system lol.

The Refugee Convention was designed so "we" could be refugees elsewhere after WW2.
    That we now have to accept "them" coming is just part of the failsafe "we" built for "ourselves".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Whats to wonder?

A massive influx of people not accounted for in general budgets, who have basically no skills to offer and many cant speak english. How do you think it will impact the generous welfare system lol.
    Lol. The best thing to happen to a lot of welfare systems in Europe is big increase in immigrants due to western falling birth rates. Immigrants are net contributers.

The rampant racism above in assuming that brown foreign people have no skills to offer is almost shocking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I can´t find anyone in my surroundings that can actually give a
    single good arguement as to why European countries have to take in every single refugee group¨.
    So I would like to ask the question here, because I know that there is a large presence of
    politically left oriantated people that oftenly seem to support it, one way or another.

Taking in Syrian refugees I can completely understand and I fully support taking them in! (At least temporary)
    But... what about the incredible numbers of refugees that come from other countries?
    A large group is coming from African countries, Bangladesh and even the Balkan! These people are looking for work and/or
    wellfare handouts.

In a city nearby they have taken in 600 "refugees" and they are all 600 African men between the ages 20-30.
    I remember people there protesting in SUPPORT of taking in refugees there, because they all saw that
    sad picture of a Syrian child washed up on a beach dead (Which really made some poeple open up on taking
    in refugees). And now.. there isnt a single Syrian person there?! But they did put in financial refugees?

So I want to ask people that are in favour of taking in these financial aid "refugees" why we, Western/EU countries,
    have to take these people in and why we shouldnt send them back?
    Because war isn't limited to Syria? Not to mention there's more reasons than just outright war people can be given refugee status.

Deleted
    There is this thing, that we are "responsible" for all thier hardship, they have to endure, because of our amibitions to save the oil resources and therefor engage in the middle east (which is mostly the fault of the USA). In Africa for example we are at fault because of the colonial age.

First, we should not have not engaged there in any kind of form, but should have made them trade partners. But this is not what happend and noone can change the past. But we did not learn anything an even now, we try to dictate thier life in some shape or form (also mostly the US in the middle east).

On the other side, there is always a secound person, who also agreed to this, because he accepted the treatment, or collaborated with them, for example Al Quida and the US (who supported Al Quida before they went to war against them).
    So despite we pay them mony to help them grow (afrika), the don't get thier shit together to use these founds properly. Therefor I don't see any reason to take them, only on behalf of the fact that they are "refugees". Well, our goverment still supports those corrupt regimes in afrika, so it ios no wonder they come here, because thier life is really not that good.
    Lessen to be learned: Our goverment is shit as fuck. Creating thier own problems, trying to solve them, when it is to late. (Scientists have forseen this wave of refugees 3 years ago ...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    The rampant racism above in assuming that brown foreign people have no skills to offer is almost shocking.
    Not speaking the language is the most essential skill to have, so they are deadweight for the system, until they learned it. E.g. there are so many foregin people working in callcenters. They cannot help you, because they sometimes can't understand the simplest of things.
    Last edited by mmoc10ea3f700a; 2015-11-21 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeenexx View Post
    There is this thing, that we are "responsible" for all thier hardship
    Simply not true.

Deleted
    Lol. The best thing to happen to a lot of welfare systems in Europe is big increase in immigrants due to western falling birth rates. Immigrants are net contributers.

Evidence about contribution is sketchy at best.

Falling birth rates is a concern, but is the correct solution to allow uncontrolled migration?

Rampant racism? You mentioned skin colour, not me bud. Language is an important factor.

It would seem racist otherwise. We'll take in the Syrians, but screw this group or that group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because having more white guilt is a competition and you are winning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Simply not true.
    Never said it is true. But thats what many people (refugees and some lefties say). ALso it is what the politicians think (at least for some germans; they still carry the burden of WW2 and feel responsible for it, but there is no way they could have prevented it, not even being born at that time).

Has nothing to do with racism. What's shocking, is that you think poor, thirld world and war torn countries somehow magically offers education equaling the west. Simply nowhere near true. So, sadly, until they are educated in the west, to meet our education standards, they are unskilled.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2015-11-21 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the issue with the whole system is that being a refugee means at some point you need to go back. Governments don't do that though, they want people to stay so they have more tax revenue, meanwhile they can't provide for their countries properly.

Deleted
    Evidence about contribution is sketchy at best.

Falling birth rates is a concern, but is the correct solution to allow uncontrolled migration?

Rampant racism? You mentioned skin colour, not me bud. Language is an important factor.
    Plenty of jobs don't require language. So they can't work in telephone call centers - they're all outsourced by your right wing loony buds to india anyway.

What is it about mmo-champ forums that seem to draw so many homophobic, racist, and generally loony people/opinions?

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. He forgot their skills in Crime. They're pretty good at that.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Whats to wonder?

You mean we get a lot of people that are willing to take the crappiest jobs, for the lowest salaries?
    Yeah, for the average European, this is probably a good thing in the long run and if you happen to be a bit of a businessman then you can make millions from other peoples misery.

Unless you're at the social rock bottom already, but thats usually your own fault in most european countries.

Deleted
    Because they're people that will die otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenexx View Post
    There is this thing, that we are "responsible"
    This is so US-centric it hurts. But it certainly is what goes on in the minds of some people.
    I dare say this analysis is obtuse and insulting towards those zones. Because thinking that everything going on in the world is due to intervention ignores a great deal of what those zones do. They're not merely objects of external affairs: they too do their part. Ignoring that is paternalistic as fuck.
    In any case, international politics don't follow any moral code, any responsibility, any blame, any fault. There is no "we did good here, we did bad there"; the reality of what we do is much more cynical: we do the stuff that we think will benefit us somehow.
    As it pertains to Europe, we implement balance of power and call it a day. We accept refugees because we want to be able to be refugees elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Auod View Post
    Because they're people that will die otherwise.
    You've read too much bible, if you believe, that europe can feed all the millions of starving people in the world, with 5 fish and 3 bread, having dozen baskets left over afterwards. Europe is not jesus, with magic powers and infinite resources. One place cannot provide for the entire world, no matter how much you wanted to. Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.