Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So, they removed stances but then Arms got Defensive Stance back? So... are they gone, or not? Would genuinely prefer them gone than be in their current state (for PvP) where you sit in Defensive most of the time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    I found it quite amusing that they basically took what CS does for Arms and gave it to Dragon Roar which is Fury only, and also gave it a 20s CD compared to 45 for CS.
    The best part of it is that its a 20% buff on the player instead of a debuff on 1 target

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    I found it quite amusing that they basically took what CS does for Arms and gave it to Dragon Roar which is Fury only, and also gave it a 20s CD compared to 45 for CS.
    Except you forgot the fact CS scales with Arms's mastery, and DR's is static. The fact you even compare the two is hilarious

edit; if they seriously remove all buffs in Legion I hope they just give everyone an extra 5% base crit, because Strength DPS's crit chance at lower ilvls is laughably terrible, and is particularly bad for fury
    Last edited by Jaybee9084; 2015-11-21 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good but I am still not sold on fury taking more damage for the sake of being unique. Sounds like they'll have to go through a lot of trouble just to get the balance right and if they get it wrong this could be really really bad news for fury.

Quote Originally Posted by khaedar View Post
    Looks pretty good but I am still not sold on fury taking more damage for the sake of being unique. Sounds like they'll have to go through a lot of trouble just to get the balance right and if they get it wrong this could be really really bad news for fury.
    They already said they will tune it appropriately. 30% might be to big of a number to quote them exactly.

Lets not turn this thread into another Fury-extra-damage bitch-fest. That's being covered extensively in the Fury thread, everyone knows it's awful, and there's so much else going on here.

Interesting to not see anything about "when you activate Whirlwind, all your abilities do AoE" that we heard about during Blizcon. That said, I really like what I see for the interaction between Cleave and Whirlwind. It's simple, but the better you use Cleave, the more you can do with Whirlwind; little things like that get me excited. There's at least some potential for skill to make you a better player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Except you forgot the fact CS scales with Arms's mastery, and DR's is static. The fact you even compare the two is hilarious
    I don't see what's so "hilarious", Fury will still use DR and then stack abilities in that extra damage period. Just because that effect scales in the other spec doesn't mean it isn't the exact same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoma View Post
    I don't see what's so "hilarious", Fury will still use DR and then stack abilities in that extra damage period. Just because that effect scales in the other spec doesn't mean it isn't the exact same effect.
    Different connotations on the playstyle, but I'd agree that the effect is more or less the same. Personally I'm not in favor of it, they've been complaining for years about wanting to differentiate specs, and removing CS from Fury was honestly a good move in accomplishing that, but they keep falling into old habits and recycling the same ideas between the two.

I still don't know why Arms has Recklessness, it's not thematic anymore, and Arms doesn't value critting in the way Fury does. It really wouldn't be that hard to give them Avatar or something, to reinforce the stacking big damage concept and make the specs just a little more different.

can someone explain to me this pls / i guess its mistakes

1. Fury warriors are getting Last Stand & Shield wall ?
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2lmqtzd.jpg

2. Prot gets MS?
    http://i67.tinypic.com/fc8w9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by janou13 View Post
    can someone explain to me this pls / i guess its mistakes

1. Fury warriors are getting Last Stand & Shield wall ?
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2lmqtzd.jpg

2. Prot gets MS?
    http://i67.tinypic.com/fc8w9.jpg
    No. They changed the way spell data is written which makes datamining much more... haphazard. Plus it's beta datamining, so it's highly possible a lot of it is just badly written, left over spell data.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I still don't know why Arms has Recklessness, it's not thematic anymore, and Arms doesn't value critting in the way Fury does. It really wouldn't be that hard to give them Avatar or something, to reinforce the stacking big damage concept and make the specs just a little more different.
    Might be a good place to reintroduce Deadly Calm as the Arms cooldown - so Fury = Recklessness and Arms = Deadly Calm. Doesn't have to be exactly how it was before, but something that reduces rage cost on certain abilities or all abilities within a short window would play into the idea of the patient warrior, waiting for his moment, then unleashing hell.

I don't see what's so "hilarious", Fury will still use DR and then stack abilities in that extra damage period. Just because that effect scales in the other spec doesn't mean it isn't the exact same effect.[/QUOTE]

Cuz its completely different? Arms has multiple talents and abilties surrounding and supporting Cmash. Dragon roar is just a one-off ability you will use at certain times of importance. They're used in different ways and have drastically different impacts on damage and playstyle

That is why its hilarious

I just hope DR + Meat Cleaverin' like a motherfucker does more damage than Bladestorm. It would be nice to have an option for active, AoE damage that requires we actually do something more than hit Bladestorm, go make a sammich, return to pile of bodies and enjoy delicious sammich while standing on their corpses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Might be a good place to reintroduce Deadly Calm as the Arms cooldown - so Fury = Recklessness and Arms = Deadly Calm. Doesn't have to be exactly how it was before, but something that reduces rage cost on certain abilities or all abilities within a short window would play into the idea of the patient warrior, waiting for his moment, then unleashing hell.
    I agree with this , being able to use a ton of abilities whenever it comes up would be amazing , but i can see issues with it in pvp , if it isnt balanced properly .

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    I agree with this , being able to use a ton of abilities whenever it comes up would be amazing , but i can see issues with it in pvp , if it isnt balanced properly .
    I think they're abandoning the dead GCD time anyway. Execute phase will still be slower, simply due to the "consumes all rage" mechanic, but the rest of it looks like it'll flow fairly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge has no CD. WINNING!

Bet this is a type or is changed.

Seems the crying about 30% damage taken is dampened by the dramatic increase in self healing across the board.

5% on Bloodthirst is pretty good for standard small time healing, with 50% HP on a short cooldown amazing when shit hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    Charge has no CD. WINNING!

Bet this is a type or is changed.
    We hope! Lot of spell data has changed, making datamining less reliable than it used to be, and the previous talents that modified it's cooldown and charges still seem to be in, though they too could be merely remnants. Personally I think having no cooldown and no restriction on rage generation is too good to be true, but we can hope against hope!

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think arms will have fluent gameplay in Legion compared to Wod?

Quote Originally Posted by Warbrand View Post
    Seems the crying about 30% damage taken is dampened by the dramatic increase in self healing across the board.

5% on Bloodthirst is pretty good for standard small time healing, with 50% HP on a short cooldown amazing when shit hits the fan.
    Not really, just isn't much else to say at this point. The self healing is nice, but honestly not anything new. Death Knights have had a 50% heal on a 1m CD for years, Paladins now have a cheat death to go along with Rogues, Mages, DK's and Warlocks; and Fury seems to have lost Defensive Stance (probably also because it would near negate the Enrage drawback). Overall I wouldn't say we are any stronger defensively than other classes, and situationally weaker than a great many of them.

Honestly though, it doesn't really matter how much they offset the 30% damage taken by. I maintain that it's simply bad mechanics, and no amount of benefits make up for that.