Deleted

Thunderfury datamined as an artifact

I was just looking at the datamined artifacts on wowhead, and stumbled upon this:

Icon named: inv_sword_1h_artifactthunderfury_d_01
    Img of the icon: (Sorry can't post links) wow.zamimg.com/images/wow/icons/large/inv_sword_1h_artifactthunderfury_d_01.jpg

What do you guys think?

probably a joke.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Probably a skin that is somewhat reminiscent of Thunderfury, so they labeled the icon in that way. I do not believe there will be an artifact skin that is literally just Thunderfury or even a better version of it. Something similar? Maybe. But i doubt we'll see Thunderfury itself as a skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Probably a skin that is somewhat reminiscent of Thunderfury, so they labeled the icon in that way. I do not believe there will be an artifact skin that is literally just Thunderfury or even a better version of it. Something similar? Maybe. But i doubt we'll see Thunderfury itself as a skin.
    Could very well be something that looks reaaaaally close to it. Warriors were asking for thunderfury on the official forums, so maybe they took that into consideration and made a skin that looks like it.

Like Ashkandi. They made a second one just like it but smaller. The first one in my opinion is better but hey, a second thunderfury is welcome.

There's a number of icons that can be seen in the files on WoWhead, a number of them look like the artifacts we've seen for a number of classes. Amongst them were the icons tagged under warrior, the last of which reminded me of thunderfury (but wasn't it exactly). High chance its referring to that icon much like Taeldorian pointed out.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Pretty sure that's one of the Arms artifact icons. If I had to guess it was probably a leftover Thunderfury icon that never got used (or was remade at some point) and they associated it to another item without ever changing the name. That sounds weird but it's quite common to recycle artwork like that.

Similarly, when Siegebreaker was first developed, it used the exact same spell data as Storm Bolt, with a different damage coefficient, and it even had the same icon and string names.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Pretty sure that's one of the Arms artifact icons. If I had to guess it was probably a leftover Thunderfury icon that never got used (or was remade at some point) and they associated it to another item without ever changing the name. That sounds weird but it's quite common to recycle artwork like that.

Similarly, when Siegebreaker was first developed, it used the exact same spell data as Storm Bolt, with a different damage coefficient, and it even had the same icon and string names.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking too - leftover data. The last thing they are worried about right now is something like a left over icon name or string. All they care about is making sure labels are internally consistent - things will get changed and updated later (like every datamined pet using the description for Nuts as the placeholder).

Also, I can't think of a way they would actually implement an Artifact that looks like Thunderfury. It was typically considered a tanking weapon, but the Prot artifact is the shield. Both other specs are using 2H weapons, and sure Thunderfury was large enough to look 2handed, but imagine the outcry if Arms warriors were running around with an artifact that looked like Thunderfury instead of Prot! I suppose Fury could get a graphic that looks like it... but we've already seen a lightningy Fury weapon.