Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sword-Wielding Man Causes Panic at New York City Apple Store

http://time.com/4123435/apple-store-...lflow_facebook

The incident was captured on video

A man swinging a large sword appeared at Apple’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan Friday, terrifying shoppers.

Video showed the man, 30-year-old Hsu Chien, waving the weapon on the store’s spiral glass staircase, NBC New York reports. No injuries were reported, and police eventually tackled Chien, who was then taken to a hospital for evaluation.

“I have never in my life felt so terrified,” Nancy Birnbaum, who was at the store’s Genius Bar, told the network. “He pulled his sword out and everybody got back. I honestly thought that was it.”

Well that's good that nobody got injured.

It happens. Swords make nice ornamental pieces. Somebody who owns said sword goes crazy, and goes and plays ninja somewhere. But yeah, good thing nobody got in the way of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Well that's good that nobody got injured.

It happens. Swords make nice ornamental pieces. Somebody who owns said sword goes crazy, and goes and plays ninja somewhere. But yeah, good thing nobody got in the way of it.
    Sword wielding in public is a problem if the wielder is acting weird. Doing fancy shit on Time Square "because SWTOR" is fine, but try the non costumed part in a store ?

Last edited by ranzino; 2015-11-21 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Was he screaming, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE."

It's always a katana, we should ban katanas.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If more people had katanas, they could have fought him out of the store.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I must have missed the part in the article where he killed 20+ school children with said katana. Oh wait he didn't kill anyone with it at all right? Nice try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    If more people had katanas, they could have fought him out of the store.
    Yeah. Everyone would have died, but at least they would have been safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story would still make sense, if you replace his "sword" with ... uh, another dangerous, long thing. A pike, you pervs!

OMG... I don't know if that was intentional but you had me cracking up at the eye witness's statement. holy shit that was hilarious.

“He pulled his sword out and everybody got back. I honestly thought that was it.”

LOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah. Everyone would have died, but at least they would have been safe.
    Well at least one would have survived, no? The most skilled swordsman.

You guys do realize that a sword can be extremely deadly right? That's why Swords were still used by many militaries up until after the second world war....

I mean if you've ever sharpened a kitchen knife to "ginsu" sharpness, if you're not careful you can easily give yourself a quarter inch deep gash just by touching it wrong. With zero pressure and maybe using about half an inch of the cutting edge...

Now imagine about 20 inches of cutting edge hitting you with some emotion.... It will take a limb off effortlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    OMG... I don't know if that was intentional but you had me cracking up at the eye witness's statement. holy shit that was hilarious.

“He pulled his sword out and everybody got back. I honestly thought that was it.”

LOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

This is true. Even more reason that everyone should have been armed with katanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This is true. Even more reason that everyone should have been armed with katanas.
    Except when some noob takes a baseball swing at the assailant and accidentally dismembers the guy standing behind him(self).

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I must have missed the part in the article where he killed 20+ school children with said katana. Oh wait he didn't kill anyone with it at all right? Nice try.
    Triggered much?

It always does seem to be a katana when a chucklefuck is swinging it around in public. Katanas are obviously the blade of choice for the unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Nah. Final 2 will do the old samurai showdown and kill each other at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except when some noob takes a baseball swing at the assailant and accidentally dismembers the guy standing behind him(self).
    Acceptable losses.

You guys do realize that a sword can be extremely deadly right? That's why Swords were still used by many militaries up until after the second world war....

I mean if you've ever sharpened a kitchen knife to "ginsu" sharpness, if you're not careful you can easily give yourself a quarter inch deep gash just by touching it wrong. With zero pressure and maybe using about half an inch of the cutting edge...

Now imagine about 20 inches of cutting edge hitting you with some emotion.... It will take a limb off effortlessly.
    Frying pans can be pretty deadly aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Triggered much?

It always does seem to be a katana when a chucklefuck is swinging it around in public. Katanas are obviously the blade of choice for the unstable.

Nah. Final 2 will do the old samurai showdown and kill each other at the same time.
    Like in Predators... that was the best.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Would have been better if it was in Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Frying pans can be pretty deadly aswell...
    Cast-iron ones are no joke. Got a large one that's gotta be at least 10 pounds, I've no doubt I could kill someone with it or more likely break my toes when I drop it on my foot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friggin' Weebs.