Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Deleted

Getting votekicked in hc dungeons

so with the recent valorupgrade change i had to do rnd hc daily. no big deal, got 739 gear, just get it over with i thought.
    so as a hunter i masspull the 2 groups before first boss, pop blademaster, mobs die in 10 seconds, noone drops below 80 % health.
    the tank suddenly stops, i think he is afk, writing a poem about my big dick or something. so i missdirect the boss on him, we don't need him to do anything anyway. he uses hand of protection on himself, in an attempt to kill me. think again bro, im hunter, boss dies during stampede.
    5 seconds later, noone said anything still, 3 people from the same guild just votekicked me and i got a 30 min debuff.

rekt

so 2 questions, admitting i was in the wrong a bit, mainly for not realizing that it was a guildgroup and recognizing that some people just want to chill in dungeons, which is fine by me:

how do you react to people speeding up hc dungeons without endangering the group?
    should guildgroups have the power to fuck someone over they don't like and give them a 30 min timeout?

ps: did garrison stuff during debuff, so it did not matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently got kicked because I was doing half-instance pulls as Tank. One guy got scared because he didn't want to lose Pepe. Kick system is fucking stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bovidae View Post
    im hunter
    Kick justified.

Usually I don't care too much, the only time personally it bothers me is if I'm the tank and I'm already chain pulling, yet the rogue or hunter felt like running past me to pull even more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously surprised you got kicked? You deserved it 100%. Play with the team or do the dungeon solo. No need to facepull and be an ass.

Deleted
    You acted out the asshole and got kicked, big surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Recently got kicked because I was doing half-instance pulls as Tank. One guy got scared because he didn't want to lose Pepe. Kick system is fucking stupid.
    LOL! can't stop laughing XD

Formerly known as Arafal

I think it's dumb to have a 30minute timer because you got kicked, it's not like you deserted.. Silly, anyway I've never had issues being kicked despite the amazing pulling qualities of Barrage. And let's not under exagerate how stupid Barrage is, it pulls from miles away and sometimes around corners.. Mostly people don't care anyway because stuff is dying so fast.

I mean even at like 690 ish you destroy heroics so hard, by the time you get up at 720+ you're killing bosses before your legendary ring can even explode. Without sounding like an elitist dick, I think people just get intimidated by your gear level and your ability/tendancy to pull everything and kill it. They take it as you showing off and swinging your e-dick around, so they stick it back to you by downsizing your ego via a kick.

About 1-2months back while tanking Iron Docks I did have a healer leave during the first pull as I pulled almost whole room in one go, he was like "nope"... Of course I didn't die and we went on to finish the instance without a healer, tanks don't need healers in Heroics... A lot of tanks don't need healers for Mythics either.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-11-21 at 08:28 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Tank ego is out in full force this time of the expansion.
    That's how you HAVE to be if you plan on tanking longer than a day.

Not communicating with your group is rude and disrespectful as hell. If they didn't like your playstyle, a simple, "Hey do you mind not doing that?" would suffice. If you continued to do so afterwards then the kick is justified as you're blatantly ignoring them.

I can't stand people who make assumptions about the motives of others and act on it without trying to figure out if it's even right.

As you admitted, you were slightly in the wrong by pulling stuff(regardless if you can handle it or not) without communicating with them, but kicking you in retaliation while also not communicating is just hypocritical at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Are you seriously surprised you got kicked? You deserved it 100%. Play with the team or do the dungeon solo. No need to facepull and be an ass.
    You could just ask politely for them not to do that instead of being an ass and just kicking them.

> 718 prot warrior that needs next to no healing
    > Pulls entire first part of skyreach
    > Wrecks dps in the charts by a mile while not dieing
    > Notices afk shaman "hey shaman, you alive there?"
    > gets kicked. Its the shaman
    > "Lol umad?" says the shaman who has confirmed to be alive
    > "nah"

Moral of the story, for some reason, they think its funny to vote kick people. Don't know why. Try not to think about why idiots do as idiots do.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, lets go slow because the tank cant handle someone bursting down mobs and making the run ten times faster..........
    If you can solo it, do so. Some people enjoy the group dynamic of working with others, not being a solo pve hero. Want to blow stuff up and fuck other people? Don't queue up for a group if you aren't going to play WITH the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Usually I don't care too much, the only time personally it bothers me is if I'm the tank and I'm already chain pulling, yet the rogue or hunter felt like running past me to pull even more.
    agreed 100%. Its annoying and messes up my pulling since I pull as I get aoe moves up.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think it's dumb to have a 30minute timer because you got kicked, it's not like you deserted.. Silly, anyway I've never had issues being kicked despite the amazing pulling qualities of Barrage. And let's not under exagerate how stupid Barrage is, it pulls from miles away and sometimes around corners.. Mostly people don't care anyway because stuff is dying so fast.

I mean even at like 690 ish you destroy heroics so hard, by the time you get up at 720+ you're killing bosses before your legendary ring can even explode. Without sounding like an elitist dick, I think people just get intimidated by your gear level and your ability/tendancy to pull everything and kill it. They take it as you showing off and swinging your e-dick around, so they stick it back to you by downsizing your ego via a kick.
    Maybe they wanted to do the hero for fun?!
    Winning as easy as that isn't fun. Once had an insane player in one of the CoDs, won by Nuke every time, was no fun at all.

I never even mind DPS pulling sometimes more than I pull as a tank.
    I always go chain pull anyways depending on difficulty (if it's tough then when the last pack is close to dying) to hasten the process.
    It isn't hard at all nowadays to pick up aggro if they pulled, just one aoe ability or cleave or anything of the sort and they are all over you again.
    Don't see the big fuss unless the tanks are being plain bad with slow reflexes and take a few seconds to push their mitigation abilities.

You deserved to get kicked lol. Straight up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Please, do tell me who ques up for 630 heroics now to work together? Should he have auto attacked to make it better? This might win the dumbest post of the day award.
    I queue up for the cta and tell jokes and chat while pulling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please, do tell me who ques up for 630 heroics now to work together? Should he have auto attacked to make it better? This might win the dumbest post of the day award.
    Just because blizzard failed with dungeons with 2 expansions in a row, doesn't mean people don't enjoy working with the mechanics of the trinity. If you like to run in and zerg stuff down, do it on your own time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a tank and couldn't give two shits about something like that with everyone outgearing the content by now even if youre a fresh 100 alt. Good on the hunter and if i got annoyed id just afk and let the pet handle it