Poll: Main Spec

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: Main spec in Legion

So now after the previews and the data mining well under way, are people keeping the spec they had or switching spec/class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, nevermind, original post was off.

I really like Holy, it might just be me but it feel a lot closer to the vanilla feeling among all the healers overall. I think Disc seems to have a pretty steep skill requirement to be entirely functionnal, although it seems much more dynamic.

Shadow have an interesting concept, but it just doesn't resonate with me. Insanity sounds like a recipe for frustration when you have nothing to hit.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2015-11-22 at 12:11 AM.

With the limited untested information I've gathered I'll be staying MM, I think it will be the best spec we have but we will see obviously. I really like the Petless spec and have been advocating it since Wrath but always people said "if dont want pet roll a rogue" or something, but thank god blizzard got more brains then players got
    I do have Shadowpriest in mind as well it looks really fun to play, but need to see whats up in beta once it gets out.

7+ Year Old Account
    i wanted to stay with disc but i don't know how it will gonna work in raids with all those changes! so i think i'll take holy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    With the limited untested information I've gathered I'll be staying MM, I think it will be the best spec we have but we will see obviously. I really like the Petless spec and have been advocating it since Wrath but always people said "if dont want pet roll a rogue" or something, but thank god blizzard got more brains then players got
    I do have Shadowpriest in mind as well it looks really fun to play, but need to see whats up in beta once it gets out.
    btw this thread is in the priest section and about priests lol. i was confused too.

Formerly known as Arafal

Should put in the title [PRIEST] so all of us non priest don't click it.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in love with the new concept for Holy as the "miracle worker" among the healers. Big bursty heals that bring people back from the precipice of death. I can see our mastery being a lot bigger of a stat priority with those biggers heals now too, either that or Haste. Crit is still poop on a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow, because I want to bring Cthulhu onto Azeroth.

Deleted
    Probably disc. Gonna depend on much deeps one can do when stacking crit/haste though. And how well we're gonna fare without spirit, cuz I'm planning on using dps trinkets like in mop. I hope you can just put a pw:s on the tanks and then spam atonement spells for high dps and tank healing. Kinda like in mop except we no longer have halo for some nice burst aoe.

Shadow this xpac has been a lot of fun to me, especially with the current orb fest when speccing AS. I'm not too sure about the way the spec is heading, gameplay wise. I do like the new, darker theme, but the artifact looks horrible and we'll also have to live without life grip, levitate and the res. Might be a shallow reason, but those cool spells are one of the reasons I like being a priest, instead of just a lock or a mage.

Holy priest forever. I hope the dark times of our oppressive disc overlords is at an end and we can finally see the light.

The most useful of holy and disc. I hope disc with some decent DPS numbers turn out to be strong but don't know what I'll play before some numbers come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow will be my main spec because, as things stand now, we have enough healers and I'm the best DPS of the people who can heal.

As for swing healing, I'm sure I'll check out both discipline and holy now that there's no strict off-spec, but my planned priority is discipline, because the existing datamining is really interesting--it actually seems like it may have a relatively sophisticated DPS "rotation" to use in order to heal...I didn't expect to see as many DPS abilities for discipline. It seems light years ahead of just rotating Holy Fire/Solace, Smite and Penance.

However, if discipline doesn't prove to be a particularly viable raid spec (and, as the first true hybrid in many years, I consider the bust chance to be pretty high), then I'll definitely go with holy and holy looks like it'll be fun, too.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Kinda at the mercy of what my guild needs so probably shadow. Will most likely main holy as my OS depending on how it looks on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Should put in the title [PRIEST] so all of us non priest don't click it.
    I thought the post being in the Priest class discussion would make that clear. My bad.

My priest is Lovecraft. I don't need to say much more.

It's hard to tell at the moment.

I really like the idea of Atonement finally being the viable way to heal as Disc, but seeing as they completely fucked it up in WoD, and Disc's history of either being shit or OP at any given time, I'm very skeptical.

I think I'll stick to Holy just to be safe.

Deleted
    Definitely Holy. I probably won't touch Disc, I don't like the Shadow/Light dual-concept.

Holy as always, all the way from vanilla to wow's death.

I had not idea all 33 holy priests all read the mmo-champ forums!

Deleted
    I absolutely love all three of our specs, but I'm most invested in Disc right now. I love the dynamic direction it's going and how it's becoming the "Balance of Light and Dark" spec from a lore perspective, which I personally believe is at the core of what a Priest is about.

Plus, Shadow heals. SHADOW HEALS.

Holy most likely since Disc is getting dumpstered.