Poll: Main Spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Holy most likely since Disc is getting dumpstered.
    Oh boo hoo, you can't bubblespam your way to #1 on meters anymore. Totally "dumpstered" !

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    I absolutely love all three of our specs, but I'm most invested in Disc right now. I love the dynamic direction it's going and how it's becoming the "Balance of Light and Dark" spec from a lore perspective, which I personally believe is at the core of what a Priest is about.

Plus, Shadow heals. SHADOW HEALS.
    Agreed, but that being said I will be happiest when "if you don't have one Disc in the raid your doing it wrong" goes away without making it a bad spec. Which it looks like may happen. I'm excited for it.
    That said I am also very excited that people can play Holy without being coerced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    I had not idea all 33 holy priests all read the mmo-champ forums!
    Don't worry, this is just a misinterpretation of the data.
    Yes, both of the active holypriests read MMO-champion, but the large number of holy votes are from disc players who can finally go back to the spec they love <3

On topic - I would like to say holy, but frankly, Legion seems to be removing almost everything I like about the holy spec.
    - Body and Soul is gone from the spec. Feathers just ain't the same!
    - Circle of Healing is just a Prayer of Healing with a larger radius. I do hope this is a typo/error.
    - Serendipity has been replaced with something else, which might be cool and all, but I really liked the old Serendipity.
    - Prayer of Healing is now "smart" and got a tiny radius. No more pattern matching. That's my main reason to be holy.
    - Lightwell is pruned (according to wowhead's list, which may be incorrect). They finally got it right too :/
    - My cascade is gone (accordign to wowhead's list, which may be incorrect). I liked that spell a lot even if it was rather neutered in WoD.

What do we retain?
    - Heal and Flash Heal and Dispel (very unremarkable, every class has these)
    - Divine Hymn (I assume it is still massively useless, but I hope it isn't)
    - Prayer of Mending (still a good spell, but I still hate the cast time)
    - Guardian Spirit (I like this, and the new talent that we can never take makes it better!)
    - Renew (still good and seems to become OP in Legion)
    - Improved Death (yay?)
    - Surge survived as a talent, but now a choice vs Binding Heal. Though, but still a great choice.
    - Mass Dispel. I guess it's cool.

I'll probably still play holy. But I need to try it out I guess
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    While I sort of agree with all the rest you mentioned, Body and Soul has always been a Disc spell to me. Won't be missing it for holy (loved it on my disc priest). On the flip side Holy gets Holy Nova back, yay! For great justice!

I do really appreciate the whole "class fantasy" thing. They should have kept at it since vanilla. I remember that I originally refused to use SW: Pain on my holy priestess when she was but a child, because most shadow spells felt so out of place.

- Circle of Healing is just a Prayer of Healing with a larger radius. I do hope this is a typo/error.
    Or vice versa, actually. The new PoH sounds just like CoH with a cast time. The new CoH, if intended like that, does seem very boring. Would prefer for CoH to stay instant so you could actually keep using it differently from the other group healing spells. I find Halo boring, too, for largely the same reason: It doesn't fill enough of a healing niche. Wouldn't mind it becoming, say, a pulsing aura -- at least in 5-mans where it feels redundant otherwise. Juggling with different healing spells depending on situation is what I like most about holy priests. Having different spells with the same mechanic is dull.
    Last edited by mmoc1156be9017; 2015-11-24 at 01:23 PM.

Holy is looking more interesting thus far. But if disc is 'hard' to play, and seemingly doing less hps then other healers. I feel obligated to show them the limits.

Deleted
    I will be playing whatever specs is strongest for progress, which right now I think will be disc, purely because of how shields works in the game.
    PW:S will have 6s CD, that is too long for shield to be a filler, but short enough for it to be a potent spell.
    Clarity of Will is staying. It has been proven in the past that you can bypass mechanics by using this spell, it might happen again.
    Rapture has a 1.5m CD and last for 8s - removing the CD of PW:S for that period, can be used to blanket a specific group of people if they need to soak something. Another good way to bypass something, or save a major healing CD.

Lastly if disc can keep up in terms of number, they'll also add damage to the board, something very crucial during mythic progress, should not be underestimated.

Deleted
    Too early for me to tell. I always choose the best priest healing spec and there no way of knowing wich one that will be now But would like it to be holy

Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I will be playing whatever specs is strongest for progress, which right now I think will be disc, purely because of how shields works in the game.
    While I don't disagree with what your saying I don't know if the Shields will still be effective. With the mastery gone, CoW could very well be a flop and I'm not convinced it would disappear after another trip the the chop block. They made it pretty clear that PW:S would be an exception to a long list of removed shields so seeing CoW make it into legion unchanged is surprising.
    Then again there is a possible talent to give you a Pw:S spam so... we will see.

Don't worry, this is just a misinterpretation of the data.
    Yes, both of the active holypriests read MMO-champion, but the large number of holy votes are from disc players who can finally go back to the spec they love <3
    Here I was thinking the same thing

- Serendipity has been replaced with something else, which might be cool and all, but I really liked the old Serendipity.
    - Prayer of Healing is now "smart" and got a tiny radius. No more pattern matching. That's my main reason to be holy.
    - Lightwell is pruned (according to wowhead's list, which may be incorrect). They finally got it right too :/
    - My cascade is gone (accordign to wowhead's list, which may be incorrect). I liked that spell a lot even if it was rather neutered in WoD.
    I like Feathers <_<
    ANd Lightwell/Cascade gone is a bit sad. I am more sad for Cascade though, cool looking and fun spell. Lightwell is kinda iconic at this point but I don't think the devs were ever happy with its function.

I always liked Halo more than Cascade. Just felt like a much cooler and more fun spell, exploding a huge ring of light across the raid.

Now that it doesn't have any of that stupid range-effectiveness bullshit, it'll be much less frustrating to use.

Gonna stick to my shadow as main specc for my priest. Haven't decided yet, if I keep my priest as my main or as an alt, if DH's end up better than shadow. Couldn't stand another below-mediocore expansion after mop and WoD.

Shadow. Not much choice as a DPS. I've grown fond of CoP in WoD, so hope there will still be something like that left in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Shadow. Not much choice as a DPS. I've grown fond of CoP in WoD, so hope there will still be something like that left in Legion.
    On that note, I think CoP is going away. Not positive but the current mined data says that Mind Spike will replace Mind Flay, and it no longer removes DoT's on the target. I think they want us to not have split options anymore. But are presumably doing away with Devouring Plague so only two DoT's to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Holy priest forever. I hope the dark times of our oppressive disc overlords is at an end and we can finally see the light.
    This. Very much this. *If* I come back. >_>

Why is there no option for holy + disc so I have a choice for different fights based on strength/weakness?

I would personally play which one was strongest on a fight, I'm playing the role.

I like how both seem to be changing though. My personal opinion/view is that disc seems like it might need a decent level of skill in order to play it competitively, holy is getting the love it needs and also seems to suggest there will be a level of skill required to get the most out of it though I think it will be the one that is friendly to all level of skill.

I just hope that what I like in the changes doesn't get axed before legion in order to deliver faster like some parts of WoD were dropped.

Holy with shadow off-spec, I absolutely love the feel of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow most definitely. The new Insanity mechanics and Cthulu (Old God) theme is really making me nerdgasm.

Looking forward to being Shadow again!

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangelion View Post
    I'm in love with the new concept for Holy as the "miracle worker" among the healers. Big bursty heals that bring people back from the precipice of death. I can see our mastery being a lot bigger of a stat priority with those biggers heals now too, either that or Haste. Crit is still poop on a stick.
    Meh it's not shining in me but god dam I love shadow