Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    prot warrior and prot paladin both have no sword variants aside from color
    Isn't it a bit early to tell that all models are that boring? Not saying you are wrong, but I like to wait for Beta where can get other than datamined stuff to compare to.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain32 View Post
    The fury and Arms artifact weapons are up on mmochampions' YouTube channel, sadly the data mined fury weapons have not been scaled up yet for two hands. But the effects are pretty good.
    Arms is decent,but fury looks like shit to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by Zli View Post
    Arms is decent,but fury looks like shit to be honest .
    I guess I just think the dragon sword look isn't bad and a couple could possibly look good with some transmog sets. I agree though arms might have the better looking weapon we will see if the fury weapons being sized up makes much of a difference.

Seeing them in motion:

Arms:
    1st one actually doesn't look too bad, until you get to the tip of it. Seeing it animated and all, the base and hilt are pretty solid, if it just had a tip that looked like a sword and not a fucking bird beak, it would be solid.
    2nd one is pretty terrible - glowing, floaty shit and even worst tip. Hard pass.
    3rd one is definitely my favorite. Love the handle and base of the blade, love the skull T2 motif. God I just wish the blade had a sword tip and not the pendulum from The Pit and the Pendulum at the end of it. Otherwise it is great.
    4th one is just as bad as the first two. I could live with the gratuitous spikes if the tip of it wasn't a disaster. Red coloration would be great if the shape wasn't shit.
    5th one is also horrible. Weird mogu design might be ok if it didn't look like a fucking tuning fork. Again, the tip kills it.
    Every single one of these has a stupid tip that makes it look like the blacksmith who forged it had never actually seen a sword before, just had one briefly described to him.

Fury: (based on current models, which were absolutely without a doubt designed as 1-handed swords - not even a question after seeing them)
    1st one I like more than I thought I would. The basic design and concept actually works better animated and in full 3D - if they extend the blade and handle properly, the base model might actually look decent.
    2nd one is weird. I like it more now that I see it animated, but not all that impressed. A lot will depend on how they scale it up to 2-hander size.
    3rd one is fucking awful. I still hate the overall design on it. Too decorated and ornamental - nothing about it says it's the weapon of a raging berserker. Not even scaling up to 2-handed size can save this one.
    4th one really falls apart because they were trying to keep that top part with the dragon head too similar to previous ones. If they had changed it up a bit, and curved the whole sword back, making it slimmer, more like a scimitar or katana, there could have been something really cool here. As it is, though, just clunky and ugly.
    5th one is godawful. The ornamental shit just takes over and it looks more like a rifle than a gun. That awful hooked tip and lack of much blade on it really cement it as more of a decoration than a real weapon.

So a few of them do look better animated and seeing them in 3D. Ultimately though, still very underwhelmed and most of them suffer from being over-designed and looking more like decorations than lethal weapons.

Deleted
    Arms: I hate all of them.

Fury: The 1. Weapon Design actually looks quite nice. I hate the rest.

For me it seems they just stacked everything with some ornaments and light effects and call it a day, nothing makes sense. Im so jealous of the fine designed Weapons Variants that Deathknights are getting... :/

In all honesty, they should have scrapped all the one handed fury blades when they decided to go for two hander, and make some new ones. I just don't see them work as two handers, when they clearly is designed as one handers! Luckely I have always been an Arms warrior my self, and I don't think the weapons are too bad. They are however among the bottom of all artifacts, design wise and most likely lore wise : / A shame really. Glad my warrior is only an alt.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I think and i hope you people agree that legendary items should look like something legendary,not some wierd design that bllizard devs like stuborn kids wont to implement in game,second thing i realize is make'd up lore,if you make something up you have a lot more options to think about,and those here are pretty much awful looking so devs obviously doing terrible job,and if you see that things going bad in design with warrior artifact just change it ffs,i remember some interview with devs on bllizcon where someone mention different types of 2h wepons for warrios,where is that bllizard or it was just a trick to survive interview with us

Well after seeing them in motion, I personally like them a lot more than I initially did. They're still far from the best but, complainers gonna complain. Those fury swords are 100% one handers though.

Yeah, I bet Blizzard designed Fury to be 2x1handers in Legion, but everyone wanted 2handed (with everyone being the mayority, not everyone), so they did a last minute change of minds, and said they where 2 handers without even changing the model before releasing it to the public.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fury swords look like shit. I can barely tell the designs apart, nothing like the incredible variety that other classes are getting with their weapons. As has been stated multiple times: they were obviously designed as 1-handers. Even if they "scaled up" the models, they'll still look like big one-handers, not two-handed weapons. The Arms weapon clearly looks like a 2-hander AND has great variety. I suspect Blizzard was concerned that Warriors would feel too repetitive if Arms and Fury both had 2-handers, but frankly I'd have been happy if Arms and Fury had the same weapons and I could just dual-wield the Arms ones. Some folks like SMF, that's cool, Blizz can make the Prot one-hander look better and they can dual-wield that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

A bit sad about the warrior weapons. Good thing theres still transmog but what a waste of dev time. Could just have taken any random green sword already in game and gotten the same result.

10+ Year Old Account
    do we know if we can transmog the artifact weapon into artifact weapons? because right now i would totally transmog the fury weapons to look like the arms one

Are we forced to play SMF -because of one hand artifacts- or are them gonna be like rogue's legendary daggers in Dragon Soul? I mean, will we be able to select artifact weapon's type in fury?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 50/50 on the warrior weapons. I know they are too small and will be scaled up but I still feel like we should have had the option between swords,maces or axes and maybe even a mix for fury. Still better than windwalker fist weapons though, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbreed View Post
    Are we forced to play SMF -because of one hand artifacts- or are them gonna be like rogue's legendary daggers in Dragon Soul? I mean, will we be able to select artifact weapon's type in fury?
    They are two handers, not one handers. The model is a one hander though, but Blizzard have said that they are two handers.. So its all wierd at the moment.

@Mogai: You can transmog the Artifacts into other weapons, but you can not transmog a weapon into an Artifact. So I would go with a no there.

- - - Updated - - -

The main problem I got with the Fury weapons is that they are all.. the same. The changes are so small, but you can clearly see that Dragon head theme going on all the models.
    I am an UH DK main, and every single Artifact model we get are totally different, there is nothing similar at all between them (except skulls, because Blizzard thinks skulls are super cool). Same goes for so many other Artifacts, but with Fury it just look like they took the first model, and bended and twisted to make the others, then added some flashy stuff over it to cover the bad design.. Shame on you Blizzard! Looks rushed and boring!

Deleted
    ARMS: ehm strange. I said before: " arms sword looks better than ashbringer " and I have to take it back. Ashbringer even looks more like warriror sword then "our" stromkar. Only first "base" model and then DK lightsaber (my favorite) looks good. Rest is waste of time for 3D graphic artist, because theme, design is bad.

FURY: definitely one-handed :-) first two swords are perfect !!! third and fourth are nice too, but only the upper part is too big. 5th a gun? this should be protection sword :-)

Deleted
    Can we transmog Fury Weapons to Arms? At least one Arms Artifact looks decent while Fury on the other hand ...

I personally think the Arms and Fury weapons look absolutely dreadful. Arms variations in particular look uninspired to say the least.

I'm almost positive it wont work to simply scale the weapons up, the blades will become too broad and it will look weird as shit.

They will definitely require an artist to lengthen the actual blades. Knowing Blizzard, I doubt this will happen. Hell it wouldn't even surprise me if they silently announced through twitter in 4 months that they've decided to keep them as 1-handers.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm almost positive it wont work to simply scale the weapons up, the blades will become too broad and it will look weird as shit.

They will definitely require an artist to lengthen the actual blades. Knowing Blizzard, I doubt this will happen. Hell it wouldn't even surprise me if they silently announced through twitter in 4 months that they've decided to keep them as 1-handers.
    They already said they will be 2handers , do u really think they would just go back on their word like that? (wouldnt be the first time) Imagine the uproar:P