Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm almost positive it wont work to simply scale the weapons up, the blades will become too broad and it will look weird as shit.

They will definitely require an artist to lengthen the actual blades. Knowing Blizzard, I doubt this will happen. Hell it wouldn't even surprise me if they silently announced through twitter in 4 months that they've decided to keep them as 1-handers.
    Yea its all about how they manage the scaling up, I think Fury blade 1, 3 and 4 could look like really badass weapons if they manage with the scaling, aka make it huge without making it any broader!

About Arms, I think the first one looks great, the 4th is so so but the others are just bad..

Arms swords look better with animations, but still really boring compared to what retridins/DKs are getting.

Most of the fury artifacts don't even look like swords.

Warriors got boned.. all look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    Now I feel like you're just saying that to say it. Definitely didn't get boned, there are some versions of the fury weapons that actually look good and would look even better as giant two handers. As for arms theres only one version I really like as opposed to 3 that are cool for fury. Definitely could have been better though, and there should've been different weapon types for fury, like each variant should be a different weapon type like what DKS have. We are weaponmasters after all.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm almost positive it wont work to simply scale the weapons up, the blades will become too broad and it will look weird as shit.

They will definitely require an artist to lengthen the actual blades. Knowing Blizzard, I doubt this will happen. Hell it wouldn't even surprise me if they silently announced through twitter in 4 months that they've decided to keep them as 1-handers.
    Extending the blade and handle without just increasing overall scale would be quite simple. All they have to do is split some vertices, copy/paste sections to extend the middle section, and keep the base and tip more or less the same. All of them have repeating sections in the middle that could be extended easily - same with the handles. The textures then need to be adjusted, but that should be pretty easy since they can just generate a new map from the new model, and touch up the map where the new sections were added. Then adjust where characters grip the handle, how it sheathes, etc, and test for clipping. Not really hard, just something that will probably take an artist a week or so to do it properly with all of them and their color variants.

Now, WILL Blizz take the time to do it properly? Only time will tell. After the silly shit they've pulled with warriors since WoD beta, I think it's about a 50/50 chance either we'll get it properly extended or just scaled by 1.5x and it will look horrible.

Deleted
    What REALLY bothers me about the Fury artefact is the lack of diversity... Hell even the Mage SWORD looks very different in its DIFFERENT forms... But ours all look the same.. Pointy end bent upward, pointy end bent downward... And I noticed this on every single one of our swords. They all have the exactly the SAME look:

A dragon-jaw/teeth on em. Well whoepdiedoe! Did it really have to be on ALL of them Blizz?? Couldn't go for 1 version without the dragon teeth and go in a different direction???

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    What REALLY bothers me about the Fury artefact is the lack of diversity... Hell even the Mage SWORD looks very different in its DIFFERENT forms... But ours all look the same.. Pointy end bent upward, pointy end bent downward... And I noticed this on every single one of our swords. They all have the exactly the SAME look:

A dragon-jaw/teeth on em. Well whoepdiedoe! Did it really have to be on ALL of them Blizz?? Couldn't go for 1 version without the dragon teeth and go in a different direction???

/sigh
    This is exactly the issue. All of our swords look the exact same with different effects. Out of all classes, Warriors who are supposed to be weaponmasters should have completely different variety on each weapon and even have different weapon types, but we're one of the only melee that doesn't have different weapon types which is the opposite of what it should be. That's the only thing that's upsetting me about our weapons.

Deleted

/sigh
    Idd , why couldnt we have different stuff like rets and dks have . All of them are freaking different. Apparently warriors only like swords and dragons .

*snip*

/sigh
    Completely agree. The number of things I hate about the weapons for both Arms and Fury really are staggering. Ultimately, there's more about them that I dislike than like, which means I have no desire to play a character wielding those weapons. Sure, there's Tmog, but I want to be able to show off the spiffy artifacts that are supposed to be one of the primary selling points of the expansion. Our artifacts should have been better than every other class's because we don't get shiny spell effects, pets, summoned creatures, or new forms. What we get are weapons and armor, and ours should be the very best because that's our thing. Quite simply, we got bottom-barrel garbage that I wouldn't touch with someone else's warrior. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    I personally loved every single Arms weapon except the one with skulls n shit, doesnt feel "warrior"ish.

Fury however, well i haven't seem them ingame yet since size seems a bit off. so il keep my opinion about those for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

After the first set of complaints about the weapon design for warriors, we had a tweet that there was a version we didnt see yet. But there is nothing new added right?
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Completely agree. The number of things I hate about the weapons for both Arms and Fury really are staggering. Ultimately, there's more about them that I dislike than like, which means I have no desire to play a character wielding those weapons. Sure, there's Tmog, but I want to be able to show off the spiffy artifacts that are supposed to be one of the primary selling points of the expansion. Our artifacts should have been better than every other class's because we don't get shiny spell effects, pets, summoned creatures, or new forms. What we get are weapons and armor, and ours should be the very best because that's our thing. Quite simply, we got bottom-barrel garbage that I wouldn't touch with someone else's warrior. Just awful.
    I'm also thinking about abandoning my warrior because of the boring artefacts. It is indeed one of the main selling points of the expansion and so far its just a big let-down... I agree that Tmog isn't the answer. If it was, then they shouldn't bother with artefacts to begin with and continue with normal weapon drops off bosses. I don't mind Tmogging a "normal" weapon but artefacts should be cool enough on their own that you shouldn't want to Tmog it.

I don't agree however that ours should have been better then the rest. No class deserves special treatment because they don't have any effects. (maybe rampage has a really cool animation to it ) I just want ours to be on par with the other classes and I think its pretty clear we come nowhere near lets say Death Knight (both Blood and Frost), Demon Hunter or Retribution Paladins.

And I don't hate all of the fury designs. They're just far too similar to each other. Especially that damned dragonjaw/teeth design on em. I can't see anything BUT that every time I look at them now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    After the first set of complaints about the weapon design for warriors, we had a tweet that there was a version we didnt see yet. But there is nothing new added right?
    Not that we've seen so far no. They also said that it would be a 2h weapon but after seeing the video, its obviously still a 1h weapon. To me this only emphasises that they had no idea at the time of the announcement what they wanted to do with warrior weapons and it just feels like everything since then has been slapped together last minute.... Like they ran out of design-time when they got to the W for Warrior. Probably most of the time went into DK's, Ret Paladins and Demon Hunters......

Really enjoyed the Arms models. Some could use more work than others but on the whole they look pretty nice.

Fury; well the first two are alright but the rest just don't pop. As others have mentioned there needs to be some more variety there, also they need to be properly scaled to 2H, mostly by just taking the blade bit and extending it out by another 1/4 to 1/2 the weapon length, no real need for more than that as far as just size is concerned.

On Fury especially I think they could really keep true to having that dragon motif while still having a variety of weapon types, from axes to hammers with mouth an extension of the length or perpendicular upon the head all are a good option - especially for an axe or a hammer.

I get what they are aiming for in looks and theme, it's just that they are missing the mark by an exceptionally large distance.

I don't give a shit what anyone says at Blizzard, those Fury weapons were intended to be 1 handers. Not only are they mediocre looking, but they're gonna look even worse when they get scaled up 150-200% to become '2 handers'.

I CAN TELL THEY'RE ONE HANDERS BLIZZARD, THE DK FROST WEAPONS ARE BIGGER THAN THEM

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    I don't give a shit what anyone says at Blizzard, those Fury weapons were intended to be 1 handers
    Didnt both wowhead and MMO champ datamine them as 1handed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Didnt both wowhead and MMO champ datamine them as 1handed?
    Yeah, exactly! Blizzard has been saying 2 handers since Blizzcon, but everything we have seen so far has been the contrary.

Deleted
    The more I thought about why we are not geting Axe of cenarius the more I realized that Nozdormu would never allow Rhonin to bring it back with them, because if we could wield it in Legion, the axe itself would affect the timeline greatly. If I remember correctly from the last book of War of the Ancients, Nozdormu asked Rhonin what is he doing with that axe. Krassus's answer was simple:"It goes with us, or we will stay here doing mess." . Nozdormu then allowed him to take it back. He would never allow such a great violation in timeline that we would definetly do with it, if we could wield it. Nozdormu knows everything what happened, happening, or will happen. And thus, this brings me to tears, because we will never be even able to see it in game, nor wield it. Current artifacts are bad that's true, the lore was for them was done in few hours, they were never mentioned earlier in game, but who knows beta will come out and then the quest chain will maybe interest you. Anyway you can allways transmog them but some skins are good (for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Yeah, exactly! Blizzard has been saying 2 handers since Blizzcon, but everything we have seen so far has been the contrary.
    My guess is that they havent decided yet but said 2h to calm the crowd type of announcement? idk but fury in my eyes has always been 1h.

I wanted to switch from Ret to Arms for legion, but man... the weapon models are all terrible.

I don't know I like some of the fury weapon models, if you watched the video I'm specifically talking about the second and fourth skin, those are really sexy.

I just wish we had more variety with our skins, we're damn weaponmasters, I've said this so many times but it's so ridiculous how we could be the class that gets no variety with our weapons while death knights get complete variety, a scythe, an axe, a polearm for blood, and a sword, a scimitar, a sickle for unholy. For fury? A sword, a sword, a sword, and lets see, a sword, oh and heres the catch, all of them look really damn similar. Like really? That's completely backwards.

We aren't magic wielders, we aren't warriors of the light, we aren't hunters with bows, we're warriors that utilize our weapons as our main skill, and that's the only way we defeat our opponents. You'd think the class that is mainly focused around USING the melee weapons that we get would be the class to get the most variety with them, especially after being called weaponmasters by the developers. I'd really like an explanation as to why this is backwards.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2015-11-29 at 01:08 AM.