Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else noticed that the artifact weapon for holy pala says "2h"

Anyone else noticed that the artifact weapon for holy pala says "2h" in the picture on the frontpage? It also looks too big for a 1h, what's your thoughts?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...RHAND_D_05.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me with how big the damn thing is.

The Holy artifact for Paladins is the "Silver Hand" Warhammer used by Tyr. A Warhammer is indeed a 2 handed weapon and Holy Paladins do not get a shield artifact. It is indeed a 2-Handed Mace. This will probably help a lot with the fact that Blizzard wants Holy Paladins to be in melee with the tanks and melee with talents that include using Crusader Strike to buff their mastery effect. Their mastery itself is all about being close to your targets and we assume they will still be a tank healer with Beacons.

Call me crazy, and I know this is crazy: maybe it's just a fucking 2H caster mace.

Insane, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The Holy artifact for Paladins is the "Silver Hand" Warhammer used by Tyr. A Warhammer is indeed a 2 handed weapon and Holy Paladins do not get a shield artifact. It is indeed a 2-Handed Mace. This will probably help a lot with the fact that Blizzard wants Holy Paladins to be in melee with the tanks and melee with talents that include using Crusader Strike to buff their mastery effect. Their mastery itself is all about being close to your targets and we assume they will still be a tank healer with Beacons.
    It comes with an offhand book btw. So this theory doesn't hold up too well.

Proof: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942705/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by criminon View Post
    It comes with an offhand book btw. So this theory doesn't hold up too well.

Proof: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942705/
    It goes with this OFFHAND_1H_ARTIFACTSILVERHAND_D_01; it may have the size of a 2h but evidently we wield it with one, since we're so awesome now. Good times for holy pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Call me crazy, and I know this is crazy: maybe it's just a fucking 2H caster mace.

Insane, I know!
    I've read several sources that said it was a 1h before so skip the sarcasm, thank you. And since holy paladins has been using 1h shield forever i'll say it's a big change out of nowhere.

Deleted
    Likely because you don't get a say in the offhand, since it is purely cosmetic and linked to your artifact choice.

It could be possible to wield it as a 2H or a 1H+Libram. That's just my guess. 2H in a single hand and a libram in the offhand just seems off. It could also just be scaled too large, just like the fury warrior weapons were scaled too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    I've read several sources that said it was a 1h before so skip the sarcasm, thank you. And since holy paladins has been using 1h shield forever i'll say it's a big change out of nowhere.
    Shields are the standard, but a 2-hander wouldn't be out of nowhere. In this current raiding tier, the second best-in-slot weapon for Holy is a 2-handed intellect mace from Tyrant Velhari. There have been intellect 2-handed maces before that as well. There was one in Throne of Thunder that had a chance to drop from every boss.

I'd be more concerned with how it will actually display itself on character.
    Hanging on your back like a two-hander while offhand libram is on the belt like a 1-handed weapon would be is a dream

Deleted
    Every artifact is "2H" because every artifact takes one weapon spot. So 1H mace + libram, 2h sword or 2 1h swords, all take one weapon slot, which is the artifact. This is to better align the stats over the board. (what I read from the panel info)

Its a 1h mace + oh as far as i can see
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942705/
    Last edited by Tehgypsy; 2015-11-24 at 12:35 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uther used a 2hander and Book in WC3 didnt he?

through out the expansions, there have been a few 2h healing weapons used by paladins

no surprise there

Deleted
    the modelsizes blizzard chooses are always ridiculously big.

Titan's Grip confirmed for Holy Paladins.

We're paladins fuck it, 2h being held with one hand? Pshh, easy.

Deleted
    They want to give us holy palas the Uther feeling, wielding a big hammer, protected by the light while hitting opponents in the face and sometimes use the holy book to cast a few blessings.

Judging from the image on the Holy Paladin preview, the paladin has laid his hammer on the ground to cast Redemption, which means they might give us new animations and we actually place the hammer down and cast some spells or read our book to utter some blessings.
    If this is the case, and it is very likely -they said they'd add new combat animations, then it makes sense for us to wield a heavy hammer in combat as we are armored to the teeth and guided by the Light, but also leave the hammer on the ground for a few seconds to cast some spells.
    Kind of reminds me of Maraad in the TBC cinematic too. So excited! :P

I think the draenei in the image is wielding a 1h hammer but this animation could very well fit the heavy 2h hammer, a 1h could be easily sheathed to cast spells and be quickly unsheathed to continue attacking, while a 2h takes time to sheathe and unsheathe so often so it's faster to just place it nearby. They said they would update this kind of stuff so you don't equip-unequip your weapons all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The official website has us wielding a libram with the hammer so I don't think it's actually a 2 hander...just that it's as large as one? idk. It is large though since it was wielded by a Titan watcher, who are known for being quite large.

I fancy the off-hand libram though...makes me feel like Marad from the TBC cinematic trailer.