Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The Holy artifact for Paladins is the "Silver Hand" Warhammer used by Tyr. A Warhammer is indeed a 2 handed weapon and Holy Paladins do not get a shield artifact. It is indeed a 2-Handed Mace. This will probably help a lot with the fact that Blizzard wants Holy Paladins to be in melee with the tanks and melee with talents that include using Crusader Strike to buff their mastery effect. Their mastery itself is all about being close to your targets and we assume they will still be a tank healer with Beacons.
    Except if you look at the preview we don't have a shield instead we have a libram/offhand.

A little late to this party, so forgive me. Hopefully three days isn't using necromancy.

So, from what I've observed, I would not be surprised if the libram hung at our waist just like Uther's. It would both be horrifyingly epic, and exactly what the Holy Pally class needs.

Now to those who would say the Libram hanging on our waist is far fetched, the demonology warlock is using a floating skull that is marked as a staff, despite from what is viewed on the artifact page, the gnome isn't holding any staff and just has a little skull.

So I suspect the Libram will go by our waist, and occasionally be pulled out to cast spells like Uther in HoTs.

Edit: Saw a grammar mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    I've read several sources that said it was a 1h before so skip the sarcasm, thank you. And since holy paladins has been using 1h shield forever i'll say it's a big change out of nowhere.
    Stupid questions should always be met with sarcasm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    A little late to this party, so forgive me. Hopefully three days isn't using necromancy.

So, from what I've observed, I would not be surprised if the libram hung at our waist just like Uther's. It would both be horrifyingly epic, and exactly what the Holy Pally class needs.

Now to those who would say the Libram hanging on our waist is far fetched, the demonology warlock is using a floating skull that is marked as a staff, despite from what is viewed on the artifact page, the gnome isn't holding any staff and just has a little skull.

So I suspect the Libram will go by our waist, and occasionally be pulled out to cast spells like Uther in HoTs.

Edit: Saw a grammar mistake.
    If the Libram doesn't display at all when weapon is sheathed, I'm going to be pretty disappointed. I've had that issue a couple of times this expansion when I've obtained offhands that aren't shields. Just looks wrong running around without a shield on my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    If the Libram doesn't display at all when weapon is sheathed, I'm going to be pretty disappointed. I've had that issue a couple of times this expansion when I've obtained offhands that aren't shields. Just looks wrong running around without a shield on my back.
    Definitely. It's not a look that works for Paladins, and it'd be very weird if they put focus on us using an off-hand if they never intended to show it (we don't show it while casting or while idle unless we choose to unsheath it?). It's most likely going to sit on our waists, but I doubt it'll ever be used for spells like Uther in HotS does.

I'd very much love to have 2h animations for the hammer, though. If Holy is supposed to be able to do melee damage, a one-hander and a book doesn't seem like the right way to do that.

If the hammer does end up being a one-hander though, I suspect it'll still sheath on our backs. A massive weapon like that won't look right sitting on the hip.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2015-11-30 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    Uther used a 2hander and Book in WC3 didnt he?
    Was going to mention that a big mace (that looks almost like a 2-hander)+ a libram would be the most iconic choice for holy paladins. Also creates variety over paladin specs, with only rets having an actual 2-hander, only prot with sword + shield and holy with a libram. I hope they compensate with some more passive armor to replace the armor from the shield, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Definitely. It's not a look that works for Paladins, and it'd be very weird if they put focus on us using an off-hand if they never intended to show it (we don't show it while casting or while idle unless we choose to unsheath it?). It's most likely going to sit on our waists, but I doubt it'll ever be used for spells like Uther in HotS does.

I'd very much love to have 2h animations for the hammer, though. If Holy is supposed to be able to do melee damage, a one-hander and a book doesn't seem like the right way to do that.

If the hammer does end up being a one-hander though, I suspect it'll still sheath on our backs. A massive weapon like that won't look right sitting on the hip.
    Or maybe they will change the animations. Who knows? They implied they would change the animations for monks, can't see why they wouldn't for paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.