Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Xmog is revamped for that reason. Go find something you like and stop whining.

I'm sort of with you on this one. They have been increasingly strict with class fantasies as of late, and clearly said "that this is a warrior" and "this is a paladin." It's very vanilla definitions too, a paladin is a warrior of light. No, you can't be a dark warrior twisting the light to your whim with some kind of force, that's no the class fantasy.

So, if the Paladin class fantasy is the vanilla paladin one, then the only design that makes sense is one of ornate steel and light. Just like Ashbringer original. And like the other 2 artifacts (which both look really nice by the way).

Then we get 2 elemental and 2 dark verions of the epitome of paladin weapons, that doesn't in the wildest fantasy bear any resemblance to a paladin weapon? Like what? Blizzard is really sending mixed signals to us, to be honest.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2015-11-22 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    No, you're the only idiot in this thread. Saying Blizzard didn't try very hard on the reskins for fucking Ashbringer of all weapons, which has been the poster child for the artifact system? I guarantee you that Ashbringer went through more iteration and scrutiny than most of those other weapons put together. You're a complete fool if you think they rushed the art for those things.
    "We want more class identity"
    Makes lightning ashrbinger
    Makes shadow ashbringer

The only one that slightly makes sense is the fire ashbringer.

My point is they don't fit the class. I think most of them look stupid. That's my opinion. I knew coming into here I would get a lot of negative feedback from this opinion because people like to fanboy.

My point is compared to other ones, it's just not up to par. I'm fine with just using the original, but it really sucks that out of 5 of them, only one looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by criminon View Post
    My point ... I think ... That's my opinion
    And thats all whats left. and if you think that the ashbringer variants dont fit the class, its your problem. many other players can find the looks good. in the end its up to the designers of blizzard what is "fit to the class". you can accept it or not, but bitching wont bring you any further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Makes lightning ashrbinger
    Makes shadow ashbringer

The only one that slightly makes sense is the fire ashbringer.

My point is they don't fit the class. I think most of them look stupid. That's my opinion. I knew coming into here I would get a lot of negative feedback from this opinion because people like to fanboy.

My point is compared to other ones, it's just not up to par. I'm fine with just using the original, but it really sucks that out of 5 of them, only one looks decent.
    The variations of the artifacts have nothing to do with class identity. I mean, Mages running around with a Fel themed staff for example.

I think the main thing here is, Blizzard wanted to keep the Ashbringer look, and making a good design that gets the green light can be a challenge.

All I wanted was HD version of original Corrupted ashbringer model, and was deeply dissapointed. Blizzard, if you are reading this; please add that option to the game.

If nothing else, I am willing to pay for it real money in store.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    I actually like the shattered lightning one, it has a reforged look to it that would go well with the ICC set. Apart from the purified and original one, the others are kinda... meh... Also... Firebringer? :/
    Well Fire does bring Ash. Kappa.

I like the purified version with the blue accents but maybe I'm just crazy. It looks very Alliance to me.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

You're an idiot. I'm fine with the original Ashbringer. I won't mind if I don't change it the entire expansion. Transmog is completely missing the point. It was a nice way to be sarcastic, but pretty pointless.
    So why complain in the first place?

Madness will consume you!!!

I think they should change it because you don't like it. Be sure to submit your list of other things you do not like so that Blizz can change them ASAP.

I'd like the Fire one if it weren't for the 1h-grip.

Otherwise, the original and purified versions are nice, although they don't really fit a Blood Elf in my opinion. Sin'dorei Warblade ftw =D

I'm also worried.....
    That in expacs after Legion there won't ever be a weapon as cool as that red reforged Ashbringer!
    Seriously I think once I get that look I won't care about others because it is literally and OBJECTIVELY THE BEST WEAPON in the ENTIRE GAME (for me)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Lunara View Post
    All I wanted was HD version of original Corrupted ashbringer model, and was deeply dissapointed. Blizzard, if you are reading this; please add that option to the game.

If nothing else, I am willing to pay for it real money in store.
    Maybe try buying the account of someone that has the epic version of Corrupted Ashbringer from original Nax. Maybe you can Transmogrify yours to look like that.
    Not an HD version, but accessible I think. Especially if that account unlocks that corrupted Ashbringer look for all characters on there and not just for the Warrior (probably) that got it.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Good, it means after I get the first base Ashbringer model I don't have to grind out any more skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    I'd like the Fire one if it weren't for the 1h-grip.

Otherwise, the original and purified versions are nice, although they don't really fit a Blood Elf in my opinion. Sin'dorei Warblade ftw =D
    Simply

This version was made by Lady Liiadrin

As we all know BLood elf females use 1Handers as 2handers.

I love the Lightning ashbringer. The blue model matches the CM set which is my current plan for what I want to look like.

So, some of you guys don't like some of the variants that are available.

What's so hard about sticking to the variants that you do like, then?

Too late for this, but I wish they gave us some arbitrary cool weapon, instead of me feeling dirty about picking a new skin for Ashbringer, honestly.

Why did we get a legendary lore weapon when others get an arbitrary Artifact weapon? Just my imo, but again it's too late Blizz decision is final.

People are now complaining we're actually getting the Ashbringer. Dear god.

Madness will consume you!!!