Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    Yeah, thanks, NEVER THOUGHT 'bout that. But the wording still feels strange, don't you think?
    Do I have to write 'keeping in mind that's alpha and anything is settled yet' on EVERY SINGLE POST I write, to avoid people shielding behind those sentences?
    There's nothing else to discuss here. It says it will tic once every X seconds, which means that it's meant to tic multiple times. It doesn't line up to do so right now, which means it will be adjusted further. They just don't want it to be a sudden burst of healing, which makes sense.

"wording feels strange" means jack when you can look at the ability and see exactly where they're going with it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    I hope all the % damage increase talents are replaced with real things. Every talent change they've made in the past 5 years has been away from this kind of garbage, for good reason. Maybe not though. If we get 5 cool things out of an artifact that'll probably be enough.
    100% disagree. It might seem boring on the outside, but it's meant to reward you with improved character performance for doing something outside of raids--something that has been missing from the game for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    I hope all the % damage increase talents are replaced with real things. Every talent change they've made in the past 5 years has been away from this kind of garbage, for good reason. Maybe not though. If we get 5 cool things out of an artifact that'll probably be enough.
    Like iron hawk? 10% dmg reduc? I would love to have 6% aimed shot crit dmg instead of iron hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Oh my god. Are we finally getting a decent armor set?
    every armor set for hunters has been amazing unlike the garbage pallys and the rest have had

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    every armor set for hunters has been amazing unlike the garbage pallys and the rest have had
    10/10 troll.
    Vanilla and BC had good hunter sets, and then never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Man stop these mental gymnastics, Big Game Hunter is Hemet Nesingwary, Beast Master is Rexxar, 2 polar opposites.

One hunts for trophy, sport and thrill, like modern day hunters. The other bonds with nature and the animals in it, hunting only to survive, BM's understand the circle of life and death.

If you wanna talk about the feel of the class it feels to me that the general consensus between Hunters is that BM and Survival are confused as to what they want to be.
    Only argument ever on this debate : "Look at Rexxar", and you said it yourself : "hunting only to survive", this is Survival for me.

End of answer to your post
    --------------------------------------------------
    To everyone complaining about the gun for BM :

I really don't understand what's the difference between a bow and a gun when it comes to hunting (I'm not talking about your race, I don't care about your character's biography, don't repeat that you are a NE blablabla, it isn't important in this topic because you're not the only hunters). I'm sorry if you think that a bow is more "natural" (it's not) but you're confusing words, the one you want is "primitive".
    You don't find bow in the wild like that, already ready to use, you need to craft it, like a gun. And except if you only use Vanilla green bows you have no right to counter that with : "But I can make a bow in the wild" (who is to say that it's even the hunter who makes the bow ?), the rest are not 50% wood, the most "cool" bows for some people are even entirely made of steel (Illidan's bow, Sunwell's bow, etc) some are even magical (S2 or S3 bow if I remember right) and in the end they're made like a gun, so don't pretend it's more in line with "nature" when it's not.

The only problem you have is that you don't like guns or you don't like their designs, but don't pretend it doesn't suit the spec, every ranged weapon does.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2015-11-28 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    100% disagree. It might seem boring on the outside, but it's meant to reward you with improved character performance for doing something outside of raids--something that has been missing from the game for a long time.
    Interesting statement coming from a hardcore raider, it seems like not all are posting biased opinions.
    Even if it's very early, I do like a lot what artifacts bring to us, and it saddens me to see so many whiny bitches complaining about it.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's just me, but.... mm having a bow and bm having a gun feels really really wrong. It should be the over way around.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be a lot of gun hate on these forums Personally I like all ranged weapons, depending on my transmog. But I think there's one thing where guns win out, and that's the animations. Bows look great if you only autoshoot, but the animation doesn't work properly when you have a crapload of stuff flying out of your bow. The bow just stays awkwardly unstrung most of the time, at least on humans. Gun shooting animation on the other hand works fine no matter what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Also look the first color for the MM artifact and now look at our T19 icons :

Same color. Sylvanas's armor + Alleria's bow = Windrunners Assemble!
    Just go to End Time and get Sylvanas bow and cape :P

i think the biggest thing is that the gun is just bad looking with every skin.

the CM gun is 100x better and only has 1 skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Walmond View Post
    Gun shooting animation on the other hand works fine no matter what you do.
    Yeah... I'm guessing you don't have any guns in Finlandia.

In case anyone wants to see the whole artifact intro for survival it's up here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9iLSpMgbXc

rexxar just chilling at the hunter class area wondering why BM aren't melee too haha

I didn't like the survival artifact until I started questing through high mountain

After seeing what a badass Huln was, it really makes you invested in the story and history of the spear. This dude apparently banished Deathwing to Deepholm with a titan artifact. I'm still not done with the Wrathion part of the quest yet so I have yet to see if those visions were true or not.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Yeah... I'm guessing you don't have any guns in Finlandia.
    And this is supposed to be a snappy cool comment regarding what?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but.... mm having a bow and bm having a gun feels really really wrong. It should be the over way around.
    Marksman could reasonably be any ranged weapon, but BM having a gun is fairly questionable. BM having that gun that Blizz came up with defies all reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Actually MM having a bow makes a lot more sense than a gun. MM hunters are supposed to be master marksmen (hence their name). In real life it takes years of training to be an accurate and fast bowman. On the contrary, anyone who has never shot a gun before can easily learn how to shoot it and hit things with it day one. So bow is the only option that really makes sense for MM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Actually MM having a bow makes a lot more sense than a gun. MM hunters are supposed to be master marksmen (hence their name). In real life it takes years of training to be an accurate and fast bowman. On the contrary, anyone who has never shot a gun before can easily learn how to shoot it and hit things with it day one. So bow is the only option that really makes sense for MM.
    Bows might be a bit harder to learn, but both have the potential for seemingly superhuman levels of skill.