Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elite: Dangerous for 12.37 euro ($15?) is nothing to sneeze at, though I don't think I'd be interested in roaming empty space long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    None of the Final Fantasy games were discounted. How disappointing...
    I'd wait for the Winter sale, they'll probably be on sale then. Fall sale usually isn't as big.

I'm already not impressed with the flat discount. I wont have the fun of checking the site continually throughout the sale, as well as nothing that I wanted is discounted enough for me to feel I have to buy it.

Just picked up Frozen Synapse for £1.74, and the Monkey Island bundle for £2.75.

Just debating now wether to pick up Crusader Kings II, X-Plane 10, Endless Legend and Cities:Skyline.
    Last edited by Davemetalhead; 2015-11-25 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Addition

Anyone have strong opinions one way or another about Bound by Flame? Considering it at the moment but wondering if it's worth sticking in my backlog yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    I'm already not impressed with the flat discount. I wont have the fun of checking the site continually throughout the sale, as well as nothing that I wanted is discounted enough for me to feel I have to buy it.
    Yeah, i feel you. While discounts are what i expected from a daily deal... i already made my shopping list for Christmas and i'll just check each day the front page for old times' sake. The lack of the waiting game and suspence is sad :S

GTA5 for £23 hnnnnnggg
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

After a fast scroll though...

I believe that $9 is finally the right price for the new (not new any more) Wolfenstein.

My question: is $20 the right price for Beyond Earth? I've always been a great fan of Civ, ever since Civ1, and buy all the civs, usually close to full price. I've never played any of the space ones (brain fart on the name). I've heard that Beyond Earth is not very good though.

Actually, I think I've talked myself out of it, and will see what happens in Winter. Opinions are still welcome, even if the question of worth is very relative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would stick with CiV V its a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    After a fast scroll though...

My question: is $20 the right price for Beyond Earth? I've always been a great fan of Civ, ever since Civ1, and buy all the civs, usually close to full price. I've never played any of the space ones (brain fart on the name). I've heard that Beyond Earth is not very good though.

Actually, I think I've talked myself out of it, and will see what happens in Winter. Opinions are still welcome, even if the question of worth is very relative.
    I finished one map and was done with it. I spent hundreds of hours on civ 5. Thats all there is to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    None of the Final Fantasy games were discounted. How disappointing...
    Very strange, they were discounted last sale. Well probably at christmas sale.

Hmm. I see Witcher 3 is 50% off. I'll probably pick that up.

Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth. GTA 5...RIP wallet and free time. Good problem to have, I suppose.

Might actually pick up Dying Light at 67% off, or do you guys think it'll go cheaper in the winter sale? I've been wanting to pick up Life is Strange too, but only 33% off, eh. Haven't ever seen Black Mesa at that big a discount, have any of you played it? I really enjoyed HL2 and never played 1, would this give me the same experience as 1, pretty much?

Thanks to this thread for reminding me about the sale, just got Skyrim Legendary for 10 bucks! Sweet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Might actually pick up Dying Light at 67% off, or do you guys think it'll go cheaper in the winter sale? I've been wanting to pick up Life is Strange too, but only 33% off, eh. Haven't ever seen Black Mesa at that big a discount, have any of you played it? I really enjoyed HL2 and never played 1, would this give me the same experience as 1, pretty much?
    Honestly, I'd hold off until the Winter sale for the most part. Unless you see a game you really want and are cool with its price as-is, there's a good chance that it will be on sale for just as cheap if not a bit cheaper during the Winter sale.

"see your recommendations".
    "recettear"
    Full price.

wtf steam,. at least make it 75% off to try to tempt me,...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Elite: Dangerous for 12.37 euro ($15?) is nothing to sneeze at, though I don't think I'd be interested in roaming empty space long enough.
    I'd call that a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Anyone have strong opinions one way or another about Bound by Flame? Considering it at the moment but wondering if it's worth sticking in my backlog yet.
    A difficult game, frustratingly unfair at times. Is otherwise a solid game though, its' similar to Mars: War Logs (same developer) but the production value feel significantly higher.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Anyone have strong opinions on

Castlevania: Lord of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
    Blade Kitten
    Noitu Love 2: Devolution

All are quite cheap and had my eye on them for a while, strongly considering picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    A difficult game, frustratingly unfair at times. Is otherwise a solid game though, similar to Mars: War Logs (same developer) but the production value seems higher.
    Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a bit of thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    From what I can tell from the reviews, terrible partner AI is the main thing bringing its reviews down. As well as a boring story, but it's not necessarily important in an action game.

I have Blade Kitten, but last time I tried to play it, I was offline, and it wouldn't load, so not sure.

Bought to buy Mirror's Edge unless someone says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bought to buy Mirror's Edge unless someone says otherwise.
    Totally worth it for $5.

Elite dangerous at 67%... looks like I'll have to invest into a joystick..!