Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Funny thing with the botter theory, though, the token surge is only in the US. If the botters were the cause of the spike, then that suggests the US has a TON of botters compared to other regions. If the botters were across all regions, then there wouldn't be such a massive spike in a single region. Kind of makes you weary of the US region when you think about that and wonder how many people are botters here compared to other regions.
    Why do it myself if I can pay someone else to do it and still make a profit? Gotta love capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    1. Resellers stopped buying Tokens.
    2. Supply of Tokens on AH decreases.
    3. Price rises as supply decreases.
    4. Price peaks, resellers start buying Tokens.
    5. Supply of Tokens on AH increases.
    6. Price falls as supply increases.

If you keep an eye on the price fluctuations over time to see where the market over-corrects, you will most likely be able to snag Tokens for cheaper than they were before the spike.
    you can't sell a token if you buy it from the AH there is no "reselling" if you want to sell a token you will have to buy it directly from blizzard paying with real money.

i hate all these people offering their "solution" or "explanation" and they don't have a damn clue how this simple token even works lol, it's probably why this forum is so angry at changes blizzard makes to their game, lack of intelligence just means, UGH ME NO UNDERSTAND RARAR ME ANGRY ME SMASH!!

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    I wouldn't pay the 30k last week for it, sure as hell not paying 60k... the fuck... its only $15 worth of time... It takes days to farm that...

It might be worth 15k, thats the only time I bought one was when it was that low. I wouldn't pay anymore than that, just not worth it.
    I've been paying 30K since it launched - it's a good deal if you have millions of gold. Not so hype to pay 60k though, as I can barely find anything to do besides ... clear out the garrisons... farm some daily pets ... uh... nothing left to do...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pray that soon you are not on the receiving end of Asian players going "150 000k is nothing for Asia
    Get your game together EU."
    Well they pay for hours, not for a 30 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you can't sell a token if you buy it from the AH there is no "reselling" if you want to sell a token you will have to buy it directly from blizzard paying with real money.
    Who said anything about selling Tokens bought from the AH? In my explanation, clearly a reseller is someone who buys a token from Blizzard for real cash to sell on the Auction House for gold. You know, like a reseller? Someone who buys goods with the purpose of selling them for profit rather than using them?

Maybe try thinking about what you're reading for even a fraction of a second before letting loose like shit-spigot with a broken valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, Europeans are not hypocrites.
    As a European, this is true. None of the hundred millions of people who live here.

Who said anything about selling Tokens bought from the AH? In my explanation, clearly a reseller is someone who buys a token from Blizzard for real cash to sell on the Auction House for gold. You know, like a reseller? Someone who buys goods with the purpose of selling them for profit rather than using them?

Maybe try thinking about what you're reading for even a fraction of a second before letting loose like shit-spigot with a broken valve.
    That is such a bad way to word it, you might want to improve your grammar, i'm not going to argue mine is good, but yours is plain stupid.

call them a token seller, or someone who buys tokens from blizzard, reselling just sounds like the average AH camper/farmer who buys and resells everything for a profit, but in this case there can be no profit in gold since you cannot buy with gold and sell for gold.

I thought you might of worded it badly in your original post, well there's something to think about in future, wording it better, I've never heard anyone call them token resellers.

TLDR : i hate your use of the phrase token "resellers"

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    That is such a bad way to word it, you might want to improve your grammar, i'm not going to argue mine is good, but yours is plain stupid.

call them a token seller, or someone who buys tokens from blizzard, reselling just sounds like the average AH camper/farmer who buys and resells everything for a profit, but in this case there can be no profit in gold since you cannot buy with gold and sell for gold.

I thought you might of worded it badly in your original post, well there's something to think about in future, wording it better, I've never heard anyone call them token resellers.

TLDR : i hate your use of the phrase token "resellers"
    He clearly didn't mean buying from Blizzard and putting it on the AH. He didn't know how it worked and is trying to cover his ass.

It's 47k right now

Where you guys getting the 60k+ numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    It's 47k right now

Where you guys getting the 60k+ numbers?
    This was hours earlier. My wife checked and they were 57k around 1130 am EST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Blizzard interference of course. They did say if they felt the need, they would change the prices. They did for EU after it spiked from 35-45K to 50k+ or whatever it was. Now its the US servers turn.

No other explanation says why its only the US region and why previously it was only the EU region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    64k is normal, get used to it, we have been paying it since a long time.
    People have been "getting" 64k, nothing happens unless people buy the token in the first place. Now if Bliz does not post all that people buy, then that's another good and probable story.

Clearly Blizz has directly adjusted the prices outside the algorithm to increase the cash sales of tokens. Since the algorithm was intended to mimic supply and demand, gold prices should slowly move up, and only spike down when there are high amounts of sales. You can't have a sudden increase in non-buying, only a sudden increase in buying.

Maybe it has something to do with thanksgiving and all that ?
    It's only US holidays, as i understand, maybe some people decided to return to WoW on holidays and maybe get moose or what not.
    That would explain why it happened only on US area.

1. Resellers stopped buying Tokens.
    2. Supply of Tokens on AH decreases.
    3. Price rises as supply decreases.
    4. Price peaks, resellers start buying Tokens.
    5. Supply of Tokens on AH increases.
    6. Price falls as supply increases.

If you keep an eye on the price fluctuations over time to see where the market over-corrects, you will most likely be able to snag Tokens for cheaper than they were before the spike.
    This is exactly why, its called supply and demand... hello? For the guy arguing about his grammar, don't take it literal word for word, his statement gets the point across and doesn't need "nitpickers" condescending his statement, when he is indeed correct. The prices have been going up over time, the only logical reason is that less people are selling them and more people are buying them, thus driving the gold value higher.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    This is exactly why, its called supply and demand... hello? For the guy arguing about his grammar, don't take it literal word for word, his statement gets the point across and doesn't need "nitpickers" condescending his statement, when he is indeed correct. The prices have been going up over time, the only logical reason is that less people are selling them and more people are buying them, thus driving the gold value higher.
    Supply and demand perfectly explains the fact that prices have steadily and evenly increased from 22k to 36k over the course of the last six months.

It really doesn't explain prices spiking from 36k to 58k over the course of less than six hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Supply and demand perfectly explains the fact that prices have steadily and evenly increased from 22k to 36k over the course of the last six months.

It really doesn't explain prices spiking from 36k to 58k over the course of less than six hours.
    I'm telling you guys, it's because both the supply and demand are very low, which makes it possible for the supply to occasionally hit 0 for a decent stretch of time. Either one reaching 0 will cause a large fluctuation from the normal. This is why we are seeing the market correct after each spike. Additionally it's possible that we are seeing buyers and sellers not meeting in the middle. Due to the way Blizzard has controls set on the market, it's possible for either side to wait out the other. If the larger part of the market of buyers of tokens are only willing to pay 35k or less, and the larger part of the sellers are only willing to sell at 50k, we will continue to see spikes back and forth with a 'normal' maintained by the smaller group willing to meet around the 40k mark. It's all speculation, but I bet if we saw the numbers behind the prices, it would back up my reasoning.

The price spike won't last long as people turn around to cash in on tokens en masse and flood the market again.

HAR HAR Iam so glad i bought nearly 2 years worth when they hit rock bottom at 19k a pop

This is why i work in finance lol

Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    HAR HAR Iam so glad i bought nearly 2 years worth when they hit rock bottom at 19k a pop

This is why i work in finance lol
    Yeah, I only bought 10 and am regretting it.

On the other side, 30k is still pretty low, and I've been able to get more for that pretty consistently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s