So Looking at the Frost DK Talents For Legion

Ummmm.. Yes please!

Looking at the Frost DK talent changes so far for Legion and I have to say it looks pretty promising.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Ummmm.. Yes please!

Looking at the Frost DK talent changes so far for Legion and I have to say it looks pretty promising.
    Even the first tier. All of them are pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Yeah it's pretty nice. I was quite dissapointed with the class preview for Frost DKs, but the devs did say that talents will make gameplay a lot more engaging (and only if that's how you wanna play!). There are a few interesting combinations regarding the Frost talents such as Icy Talons + Frozen pulse for AoE, while for ST I'm guessing Without Remorse + Biting Winds + BoS (or Glacial Advance if it scales better).

There might also be the possibility of a long BoS duration when playing Frost since there's a chance of gaining 5 runic power with each tick of Frost Fever. The RP generation should be ridiculously high if there's enough targets present, maybe the return of infinite BoS but for Frost instead of Blood.

I love that they finally added more skills to Frost DK's. We've always just been all about FS, Oblit and HB... Finally we have some new skills to use!

Deleted
    One issue.... I really despise all three of our survivability skills being on one talent tree row

We're going to take a huge hit to our survivability in PvP for losing Lichborne etc, however it's going to be naughty lining up 2 x KM Procs, 2 x Rime Procs, blowing Pillar of Frost & Trinkets prior to this, hitting an Asphyxiate, Empowered Rune Weapon, then dump Oblits & Frost Strikes back into the target. Seriously looking forward to seeing what insane pressure we are going to be able to put out. I think if we have a pocket healer we are going to become the Warrior/Priest combo of Vanilla, especially having Death's Advance as a passive.

Losing our only movement speed ability really sucks, as does having to choose between purgatory and death pact. Using death pact during purgatory was a great way to recover from taking fatal damage and without the big on-demand heal of death pact, purgatory will be much less useful for PvE.

It does blow, but we will never be moving below 100% and will usually have slows up on all of our targets. It lends itself to the marching behemoth archetype which I kind of like in theory. Especially if the double death grip rumour is true and Gorefiends Grasp remains in it's own tier, potentially having 3 pulls in. Nothing is getting away.

It seems like the new talents will add a small amount of complexity that frost more than needed. It was such a stale spec. Now it looks dope af.

Hoping for some buff to Breath of Sindragosa so it would be usable and not a DPS loss (as Frost Strike deals more damage per runic power). I would love use it as FROST DK!!! But I think we will continue tied to Defile or change to Glacial Advance.
    Concerned with the HB Nerf, we will have to wait for a rime proc to use it, so it should be OP...(Gonna miss the instant AOE Option).

Quote Originally Posted by Mystieq View Post
    One issue.... I really despise all three of our survivability skills being on one talent tree row
    The issue is what they're making us choose...Death Pact should but baseline again.

Deleted
    Looking at the frost talents and abilities.. and I dont like it one bit.

First, instead of getting both death pact and purgatory, you now have to choose and necrotic plague is gone? Having choices is all well and good but Id still like an option of not having to deal with diseases, considering frost isnt a disease based spec in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Looking at the frost talents and abilities.. and I dont like it one bit.

First, instead of getting both death pact and purgatory, you now have to choose and necrotic plague is gone? Having choices is all well and good but Id still like an option of not having to deal with diseases, considering frost isnt a disease based spec in the first place.
    But bloodplague for frost is also gone... so you still have only on disease to keep applied.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    But bloodplague for frost is also gone... so you still have only on disease to keep applied.
    It is? Maybe I missed it then.. but in any case, just noticed chilblains is gone as well -.- so much for AoE kiting with howling blast.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMango141 View Post
    It does blow, but we will never be moving below 100% and will usually have slows up on all of our targets. It lends itself to the marching behemoth archetype which I kind of like in theory. Especially if the double death grip rumour is true and Gorefiends Grasp remains in it's own tier, potentially having 3 pulls in. Nothing is getting away.
    LK seem to be aiming for the Jason play style. Big and slow but implacable and impossible to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    LK seem to be aiming for the Jason play style. Big and slow but implacable and impossible to escape.
    And quite honestly I am stoked about it. It's such a good fantasy and will carry through to PvP well. I hope Chillblains is tied to Frost Artifact Weapons, which I am 99% sure it will be.