Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    OP, i dont know about US but on EU pvp servers are pretty unbalanced, theres always one faction that is the majority for a big big margin, so much that you barely see the enemy faction. World pvp has been dead for a long time either way, you have nothing to worry about.

The problem is not the PvP nor the non-possibility of permanently disabling it on PvP realms. The problem lays in two points:

1. You are not willing / can't find new friends or teammates in PvE realms.

2. A large sum of players playing on PvP realms are there for the same reason as you.

You just have to check all realm forums. Constant "F*CK YOU C*MPER", "SCR*W THE (choose opposite's faction Outdoor PvP guild), ALWAYS GANKING THE (choose raid) ENTRANCE" and such classical topics.

To be honest, I'd take a drastic measure with the following steps:

1. Compact all servers (to get the maximum population per realm). Reduce the realm list.
    2. Turn all of them into the PvE type.
    3. Open a (very) few PvP realms (RP and RPPVP also) and open migrations to them. Ideal process would be one by one, opening the following when the first reaches like 70% of capacity. And without forgetting about faction balance (max would be 60-40).
    4. VERY BIG WARNING POPUPS (like 3 or 4) WHEN DOING THE MIGRATION PROCESS saying the obvious "you might get ganked non-stop", "if you don't want to be camped don't go", "pve realms can also que for arenas/rbg/bgs" and so on. Text in bright red color.
    5. 100 US$ to migrate from PvP to PvE realms and 3-day ban for opening a ticket/post whining you're getting ganked in the PvP realm.

That's the only way I could see this problem solved.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a you-problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insofin View Post
    The problem is not the PvP nor the non-possibility of permanently disabling it on PvP realms. The problem lays in two points:

1. You are not willing / can't find new friends or teammates in PvE realms.

2. A large sum of players playing on PvP realms are there for the same reason as you.

You just have to check all realm forums. Constant "F*CK YOU C*MPER", "SCR*W THE (choose opposite's faction Outdoor PvP guild), ALWAYS GANKING THE (choose raid) ENTRANCE" and such classical topics.

To be honest, I'd take a drastic measure with the following steps:

1. Compact all servers (to get the maximum population per realm). Reduce the realm list.
    2. Turn all of them into the PvE type.
    3. Open a (very) few PvP realms (RP and RPPVP also) and open migrations to them. Ideal process would be one by one, opening the following when the first reaches like 70% of capacity. And without forgetting about faction balance (max would be 60-40).
    4. VERY BIG WARNING POPUPS (like 3 or 4) WHEN DOING THE MIGRATION PROCESS saying the obvious "you might get ganked non-stop", "if you don't want to be camped don't go", "pve realms can also que for arenas/rbg/bgs" and so on. Text in bright red color.
    5. 100 US$ to migrate from PvP to PvE realms and 3-day ban for opening a ticket/post whining you're getting ganked in the PvP realm.

That's the only way I could see this problem solved.
    1. Get everyone to experience the realm queues on weekends.
    2.-4. How does that solve their problem? Their friends would still be on a PvP realm.
    5. What is the 100$ fine supposed to achieve? So people that didn't know what a PvP realm entails are forced to stay though they don't want to?

You are actually trying to "fix" world PvP which is actually exactly the opposite of what the OP wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    2.-4. How does that solve their problem? Their friends would still be on a PvP realm.
    5. What is the 100$ fine supposed to achieve? So people that didn't know what a PvP realm entails are forced to stay though they don't want to?

You are actually trying to "fix" world PvP which is actually exactly the opposite of what the OP wants.
    Don't get me wrong here. Ruining world pvp or pvp servers are not at all in my intention. Thats why i tried to get out the point that it would be heavily limited to play like that on a pvp server. Like something you wouldnt choose easily. And 95% of the players wouldn't do at all.
    I wanna play with my friends but i don't want to be stuck out in the world not getting anything done because 2-3 players find it fun to spend their entire evening corpse camping another player.

Maybe its not bad at all anymore. but i had too many experiences like that on my last stay on a pvp server. That was back in cata. Enough crap to put a real sour taste in my mouth. Enough to even make this thread in the first place.

I'll have no problem with that as long as the toggle is heavily gated.
    For example, you buy a service for $12.99 to toggle any world PvP related stuffs with your account either on or off, and the service cannot be purchased(toggled) more than once every 90 days.

I would even go so far as to suggest any forms of world PvP (including NPCs of the opposite faction) to be permanently turned off on all PvE servers. If you want to participate in any of those, either server-change or premade-hop over to one of those.
    If players are forced to endure PvP contents for picking a PvP server, why are players on PvE servers forced to deal with PvP issues (in terms of quest npcs getting killed by the opposite faction) on a PvE server?

The problem is that, 90% of the time when players pick a server to play on, they choose to play with their friends over the choice of PvP/PvE, and while PvP servers may work well on relatively balanced servers, we all know there are lots of servers that aren't balanced.

I used to play on the horde side of a PVE server, the horde:alliance ratio was 1:3 back then and was manage-able.
    However, a couple merges and linked-realm choices later, the ratio went down to 1:11, and it started to become unplayable even for a PVE server since we had alliances clearing every single NPCs in the shrine of two moons every night over the entire summer.
    Eventually, our whole guild chose to faction change over to the opposite side, just so we could continue on playing the game normally.
    I shudder to think how anyone could play the game normally on a PvP server with a 1:11 faction ratio (and being on the lesser faction).

Imo, the more imbalanced a server becomes, the more people from the lower pop faction will choose to leave, making matters worse until eventually one of the faction is dead on it, and no amount of free server changes will be enough to remedy that.
    Last edited by taaveti; 2015-11-22 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

1. Let's thay the server cap is 50k people. Once there are 50k accounts (or close to) with the main character in that realm, you get the rest into a new one. How's that going to generate queues? I'm not overloading the server.

2-4. How does it solve the problem? Easy. When Mahoma does not go to the mountain, the mountain goes to Mahoma. You "move" everyone instead of expecting everyone to move. The problem in this game is that high end, hardcore PvE is done in PvP realms in its vast majority, instead of PvE realms where they should be. And it's not because these hardcore, high-end raiders also love PvP (check realm population balance. Do you see any realm with good PvE progression and good faction balance? Nope). Therefore, by placing everyone in the type that adjusts to the majority of players' intention and afterwards create a "paradise" (balanced PvP realms? No insults, cries, drama or even bullying? A dream come true) for the minority, you place everyone where they should be.

5. It's there to make people understand and consider the full consequences of people migrating to PvP realms. To avoid people going "HAHAH I'M IN THE PVP REALM" and then cry like almost everyone does when being ganked/camped.

And it seems that the bright red color wasn't even enough, since you didn't even read the big warning popups part. If you create 3 or 4 pop-ups detailing the worst consequences of playing in PvP realm, players ignore them and still go on, it's not lack of knowledge, it's imprudence (a reckless imprudence). Not a single bit of remorse/compassion is deserved to those people who don't even pay the minimum effort in reading 3 sentences.

The thing is World PvP is related to what the OP wants. He doesn't like PvP (specially the outdoor one, since the indoor one is as easily avoidable as not queueing), but he's forced to do it BECAUSE other players like to PvE in PvP realms. And even though his friends are in a PvP realm, I highly doubt his friends love Outdoor PvP, since unless they're in the (vast) minority side of a populated realm, there will be almost no PvP. If his friends are in a PvP realm, I'm pretty sure it is because:
    1. It's highly populated.
    2. Even though it has no constant Outdoor PvP, there are a bunch of PvP groups focused on RBG/Arenas.

And the only problem the Op has (for what I've understood), is that he's forced to be in a server where, from time to time, a wild (opposite faction) player appears and ganks him, which is not fun to him. And the worst part (being it a deduction of mine), is that his friends were not there to help him when being bukka**ed by 10 opposite faction members, which makes me think what I've pointed out in the previous paragraph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Don't get me wrong here. Ruining world pvp or pvp servers are not at all in my intention. Thats why i tried to get out the point that it would be heavily limited to play like that on a pvp server. Like something you wouldnt choose easily. And 95% of the players wouldn't do at all.
    I wanna play with my friends but i don't want to be stuck out in the world not getting anything done because 2-3 players find it fun to spend their entire evening corpse camping another player.

Maybe its not bad at all anymore. but i had too many experiences like that on my last stay on a pvp server. That was back in cata. Enough crap to put a real sour taste in my mouth. Enough to even make this thread in the first place.
    Ouch. Your situation is not cool. I have social anxiety too, so I know what you mean. I'm the type of person who'll stay with a guild for a while, because I hate with a passion having to find another one.

Now, of course putting a on/off switch for PvP on a PvP server is a big no-no. You're a PvE player by all means, so while it genuinely sucks what you're going through, I don't see much of an option for you. You can't be on a PvP server, but you can't switch because you know nobody...

However, right now is the best period to switch. If you have the achievements, find a guild now. This'll allow you to find a guild for Legion too. Take your time to acclimate yourself to that server and only when you find yourself comfortable enough, try to find a guild.

There's not really any other options. Either you give yourself time to do a switch and take it small steps at a time with your anxiety, or you stay on the PvP server with the gameplay type you dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Ouch. Your situation is not cool. I have social anxiety too, so I know what you mean. I'm the type of person who'll stay with a guild for a while, because I hate with a passion having to find another one.

Now, of course putting a on/off switch for PvP on a PvP server is a big no-no. You're a PvE player by all means, so while it genuinely sucks what you're going through, I don't see much of an option for you. You can't be on a PvP server, but you can't switch because you know nobody...

However, right now is the best period to switch. If you have the achievements, find a guild now. This'll allow you to find a guild for Legion too. Take your time to acclimate yourself to that server and only when you find yourself comfortable enough, try to find a guild.

There's not really any other options. Either you give yourself time to do a switch and take it small steps at a time with your anxiety, or you stay on the PvP server with the gameplay type you dislike.
    Only viable option for me now is to actualy just deal with the pvp.
    For my anxiety im working with that with my GP and psychiatrist. And its not much more i can do about that.Forcing myself to play with other and just find new players simply aint a option now.

I will just make the best of it., Maybe it aint as bad as i remember. But if it is. I just need to find a way to deal with it. Hire one of my friends as a bodyguard (read that as a babysitter)

I can understand you. I play on a rp-pvp server because some friend of a friend thought that pvp could improve his roleplay-experience. I never knew him. My friend quit years ago. Now me and my friends are on that server with multiple characters and switching server would cost each of us quite some money. Is that worth it? Pvp happens so rarely. And when it happens, its always a situation when the attacker can't lose, so its basically something that happens and costs me a minute or two running from the graveyard back to where i was. Not very different from the game crashing, would take me the same time to restart. Would i pay 60+$ to keep the game from crashing every few days or weeks? No. Not worth it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Deleted
    so let me get this straight

because you have a bunch of excuses, Blizzard should ruin pvp servers

uhh yeah

what a ridicilously stupid thread/idea

a) get new friends
    b) git gud
    c) never leave a major city or garrison
    d) server hop while in the open world

and the correct answer is b! *dingdingding*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Good on you for reading the entire post.
    I admit, that I read only half your post, because it sounded as the typical PVE guy who got lost on a PVP-server (which you seem to be...)
    Your choices are: get better at pvp, get ganked or use xrealm.
    You even have 9 friends who like to pvp, they could help you get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sit in your garrison and you'll be safe.
    Me? Sarcastic? Never.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because choosing a realm is totally not up to the player and there is no such thing as non-PvP realms.

Seriously, if you are on a PvP realm, expect to be in PvP combat. Get. Over. It.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    I personally cannot stand PvP, but the point of a PvP server is that PvP happens and can at any time. Sorry if you don't understand that, but no, PvP should not be able to ever be turned off on a PvP server.
    Can happen at any time lol. Hard to attack players in their garrison

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're on a pvp realm you HAVE to deal to with pvp. There's no amount of reasoning that could back you up otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    OP, i dont know about US but on EU pvp servers are pretty unbalanced, theres always one faction that is the majority for a big big margin, so much that you barely see the enemy faction. World pvp has been dead for a long time either way, you have nothing to worry about.
    This is pretty much how it is on the US servers that I've been on. Those that could afford to move off a server being on the unbalanced side did. Those that couldn't, I would assume just quit. And I'm saying this as someone who played through to the end of MOP on a PvP server and loved being on a balanced PvP server though to Cata, but I would sooner see all PvP servers just get converted to PvE servers. Unless Blizzard decides to manually balance PvP servers so they're always even, a PvP server just won't work as intended. Players will always allocate themselves to where the side they want to play on has the advantage. It's been a major problem on every MMO I've tried that uses a faction system. It's not that people don't want to play on a loser, they just don't want an even match up at all. Just sure fire winners.

As for what the OP is asking? There is no problem with what those players are doing. They are doing what everybody on a PvP server should be doing: playing together. If you're questing alone, you're just asking for it. If there are other people of your faction around, it's even worse on all of you to not band together to get things done. They help you get what you need to get done, you help them. If your guild isn't backing you up, you're either in the wrong guild, or you don't help other people out enough to make them want to bother helping you. If you're on a PvP server, and saying "10 people in Firelands ganking" doesn't bring people to the area who want a fight, I don't even know what they're doing on a PvP server in the first place. I swear, just about every player online in my old guild would drop everything and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffels View Post
    You can ask your friends to start new raiding characters or transfer to a pve server.
    Crossrealm raids are also a thing these days, so you can level up a new character on pve and raid with your friends from your old server unless you are mythic level ofc.
    This, I don't see the problem. Your raiding with 10 friends, meaning your not raiding Mythic. You can play with your friends pretty much unhindered if your on another server. You can't trade stuff with them that's all. I've been on a different server from my RL friends for quite sometime now and I don't have enough of a reason to play money to xfer.

Also I'm assuming all your friends enjoy PvP. You should try to enjoy it also, PvP gear will be a thing of the past in Legion so you can put up a fight regardless of what your wearing. Then ask your friends to help you get better at PvP. World PvP is one of the funnest things WoW has to offer, people who don't enjoy it normally just suck at PvP (or are on a lopsided server).
    Last edited by Kahmal; 2015-11-23 at 01:48 AM.

Solution : Make a second account in PVE server then use CRZ. Guarenteed no pvp forever
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic