Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

You should be able to turn of pvp permanently on pvp servers. (flame shield activated

Ok. I know im gonna get flamed and called this and that for this. But hear me out.

I hate pvp servers with a passion. I avoid them like the plague and im a strictly pve/raid player. I like doing stuff out in the world in my own tempo not having to be on guard 24/7 for other players.

So why is this even a issue you say. Play on a pve server you scrublord. Well. I would if i could. The thing is. i have 9 friends im gonna raid with. we are 10 with me. They ALL want to play on a pvp server. Find new friends you say. Well. im suffering from crippling social anxiety. I can easily write on forums like i am doing here now. But talking and playing with players i do not know is simply not happening. I can't even do a regular 5 man on most days with randoms. So you see my issue here. Im getting unwell even talking about it.

Playing on a pvp server is fun enough i guess if you want to play pvp. Which i don't This has happened once before. When firelands was out. They where on a pvp server. I was doing the daily quests in firelands, the zone thingie, not the raid. And i was ganked time after time. as much as 10 players all zerging me. Giving me no other choice then logging off. And i am afraid this will be exactly the same in legion.

Anyways. So i was sitting here thinking. What if they made you able to turn of pvp entirely on a pvp server. You could choose this when you made the character and it couldnt be switched off. Maybe for a fee or whatever.

Only way to do pvp would be battleground and arena like it is on a pve server. But you are not able to attack nor be attacked out in the world.

Would this be a solution you guys could live with ?
    I know ofcourse it will never happen. And that this thread is sorta kinda meaningless. But i just wanted to see if anyone else thought this was a good idea.

I have seen this topic many a times before, where people are sorta forced to play on a pvp server because of their friends and the same answer is given everytime.

Get new friends, get a new guild. Don't play on a pvp server you noob. etc.

For me its quite simple. If im getting constantly ganked/killed beyond the point where i cant take it anymore. Im more or less without a raiding team with no possibility to find a new one. They are all sorta pvp whores who love pvp servers. And im the odd one out.

Quest / level with any of these people in your raid team?
    I don't know what to say, being able to turn off pvp on a pvp server beats the whole purpose of it

so you play a game and limit yourself to half of the game? lolwut
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally cannot stand PvP, but the point of a PvP server is that PvP happens and can at any time. Sorry if you don't understand that, but no, PvP should not be able to ever be turned off on a PvP server.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I'd think most people play on pvp servers because they enjoy it, so I don't see the point in this feature. I can certainly understand your point of view, I played on a pvp server for a while but got tired of constant ganking while leveling or just being on when friends weren't. I guess you'd call me a social anxious person as well, I only prefer to play with people I know.

pvp is pvp. Deal with it, friends wants to play on a pvp server? id say you got 9 friends to learn something from.
    pvp is half the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is your choice to:

a) play without your friends on a PvE server
    b) get your friends to play on a PvE server with you
    c) deal with it on a PvP server

What you are describing is defeating the entire point of PvP server, if your friends decided that they enjoy being on PvP server, get on with it or get out.

------ Snip ----

Infracted
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-11-22 at 08:06 PM.

Firelands was a long time ago. Nowadays (thankfully) there is almost no PVP on PVP servers. Multi-tagging helped. Most of my interactions with the opposing faction now involves killing rares together. I'm sure it varies from one realm to another, but in my experience there is very little actual world PVP (and lets be honest, it was mostly just ganking anyways).

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can ask your friends to start new raiding characters or transfer to a pve server.
    Crossrealm raids are also a thing these days, so you can level up a new character on pve and raid with your friends from your old server unless you are mythic level ofc.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2015-11-22 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    This would make pvp servers entirely pointless as you can already toggle your pvp to be on permanently on pve servers..

There would be no difference between servers.

Do you plan on doing Mythic? Just roll a PvE server yourself otherwise, you can raid up to heroic cross realm. You just won't be in the same guild as them then.

15+ Year Old Account
    As some other mentioned, play with your raid team in the world so that you are more than one in case you get engaged in pvp combat.

Again. As i said. It will never happen. And it probably shouldnt either as also stated here. However Defeating the point of a pvp server. I don't really think so. Players choose to play on a pvp server because they want to. There are a few people. Like myself which is kinda in between a rock and a hard place. Ofcourse im not forced to play on it. But its the only possibility i have to raid. Due to my irl issues. But at the end of the day. Im just airing an idea here. Its not like im trying to get people on a crusade to make this happen. Don't get me wrong. Im just interrested in getting opinions.

imo every server should be a pvp server. Its called world of warcraft after all. Stop limiting yourself to half the game. Pvp teaches awareness, which MANY many raiders i've seen lack.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

roll a rogue/druid, laugh at those peasants getting ganked

Deleted
    I didn't intend for my post to sound hostile or anything, I'm just saying that it is already possible to toggle pvp on or off on a pve server, so making that same thing possible on a pvp server would effectively make them the same ^^.

I play on a pve server but sometimes run around with pvp on, was especially fun on timeless isle when it came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    im on a pvp server and i barely have any world pvp, dont see a big problem except that youre are too crazy about it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So let me get this right. You want to turn PvP servers INTO PvE servers for those that don't want to PvP? I'm sorry but at that point they could remove EVERY PvE server they had because they would function the same as a PvE server for anyone that didn't want to PvP. I'm sorry but how thick can you truly be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    *bit about social anxiety*
    2 things -

1.) I guess it's a good thing that all raiding is x-server now
    2.) Get a therapist

Edit: If you really were as socially inept as you claim a flame shield wouldn't be applicable because your skin would be so thin that a light breeze in your direction would cut you...