Deleted

80 hunter Herald of the Titans spec and set boni

Dear all,

I am currently gearing my 80 hunter for Herald of the Titans, which apparently has become a fair bit harder from 6.0 on.

This is where I am currently at after 2 days:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llshots/simple

I am MM by default but was wondering whether there is a specialization/talents ither than my current setup that scale(s) better with gear/certain stat.

I've heard about many people enchanting for mastery since theirs is OP but I don't really dig MMs mastery. I was thinking BM with the cyrrent 5% extra pet dmg from set bonus but other boni/spec/stats may be better.

I can play each spec equally well because I have mained a hunter for years. I don't have the time nor the money to switch around loads between specs/enchants/gear/gems so I wanted to ask around if anyone on MMO champ has experience with Herald on hunter post 6.0!

PS: I am getting the Boots of Living Scale (2 sockets) today.

Kind regards,

Illshots

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen MM hits like 10 trucks with its chim shots

You can buy a lot of the gear for gold from a vendor in dal if you're having trouble farming (including some tier).

Good luck

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't put much effort into it at all, but this was my toon http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Maliith/simple obviously hasn't been finalised yet.. One more day if I can be bothered sometime then I'll 3 man it with mates if I get 4pc

Looks like you have the right idea so far. Focusing on items with sockets is the best you can do in terms of damage (aside, obviously, from enchants and consumables). Since a lot of the items in the level range of 210-226 are within a few stat points of eachother the gems make the biggest difference.

Another important thing to note is trinkets. Fury of the five flights, DMC Greatness (from the nobles deck), and Dark matter are some of the best you can get. In addition algalon drops the best shoulders for a lot of classes due to their sockets. If you want to really min max get either the inscription personal shoulder enchant, or the one from sons of hodir dailies (they're account bound so you can do it on a higher character to speed things up). Hope this helps.

Source: I've done four herald runs in the last week and a half.

Deleted
    Many thanks for your replies. I have the Nobles Deck in my inventory for DMC: Greatness.

Any spec/OP ability advice is also welcome.

@Xenryusho: You're not doing these runs on alliance EU perchance? :P

As Arclight said, you can buy most of the gear from Dalaran Vendors. I'm not sure what iLevel Heirlooms would be at that level, but the Versitility Trinket (Tenticles) would do a lot of damage if the iLevel doesn't exceed the maximum.

Gear is good, but don't forget consumables. I used the 85 agility flask/pot/food, which effectively doubles your agility for half the fight. As MM I was doing somewhere around 21k ballpark until I decided to see if deterrence would block Big Bang (it does not). Boss died moments after. We 1 healed it. Fight lasted about a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    Gear is good, but don't forget consumables. I used the 85 agility flask/pot/food, which effectively doubles your agility for half the fight. As MM I was doing somewhere around 21k ballpark until I decided to see if deterrence would block Big Bang (it does not). Boss died moments after. We 1 healed it. Fight lasted about a minute.
    Was that before WoD? I highly doubt 21k is possible after the stat squish. With my current gear I am doing 5k on average. Many normally geared characters cannot pass 3k at lv80.

Also, AFAIK the tentacle on use does not work in raids