Need tips on high budget wireless pc headphones

Hello MMO-Champions.

So it's that time again when my second pair of Logitech g930 breaks (both around the 2 year mark, though for different reasons) and I have decided to try and shell out a bit more money for another (hopefully) longer lasting product and I come to you seeking advice. Aside from breaking and flaking the g930 have been most satisfactory in the sound/comfort department but I feel I do not want to chance them a third time.

I am pretty adamant about the wireless as I find cords just gets in the way and I like to move around the house a lot. I want the cups to not leak sound and also shut out environmental sound as much as possible as I tend to be in noisy areas. I will use the headphones primarily for games and music, but also audio books/pod casts/movies, I guess using them for TV too is nice, I don't really know what constitutes as good sound but I had no complaints on the g930s. Mic is not something I use frequently nowadays so it's only a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Comfort is extremely important as I want to be able to use them for hours without getting aches. I don't have an external sound card and I don't know if I should get one? (???)

On my preliminary search on the web I came across Steelseries H Wireless with its extremely enticing feature of hot swappable batteries, meaning I don't have to cord up to charge it, maintaining that wireless function, not to mention the batteries themselves lasts 20hrs. I have not came across another headset with this feature, so if you know of one I'd appreciate knowing. It has apparently also gotten some good reviews overall.

There are some other ones such as the Astro A50 and the just recently developed Logitech g933 Artemis that has caught my eye as similarly priced gaming headsets, but cannot tell if they have any qualities that would outweigh hot swappable batteries. Also I don't really care for bling and lightshows or extra programmable keys or such. Then there are also the myriad of Sennheiser headsets (mostly wired) I have a hard time wrapping my head around, would appreciate any directions to their good wireless products (if they have any), hear a lot of praise for the brand. Any other input is of course welcome as well. Right now my eyes are on the Steelseries one though so I'd really hope to hear from people who's had experience with it. I hope I covered everything, much obliged.

TL/DR

Budget: 300$
    Needs to be wireless with decent range
    Needs to be durable (3yr+)
    Needs good battery duration (10hr+)
    Needs to not be Logitech g930
    Surround sound option is not necessary but a big plus
    Built in mic is not necessary but a plus, even bigger plus if it's concealable in some way.
    Do not have an external sound card (should I get one?).

Logitech has a newer set out (the G933) that is a bit beefier and slightly redesigned. Worth looking at to see if it addresses your concerns with the G930. It may not, but it cant hurt.

I see you already saw them. Somehow missed that in my first read-through.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2015-11-23 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turtle beach makes some really good wireless headsets. I have a pair of x41's that have been around since 2008-09 and they still work. Astro also makes a wireless option called the a50 that gets good press and reviews. I would start with either of those.
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

I'll take a look on turtle beach, thanks.

+1 for Sennheisers. I haven't tried their wireless but I own and tried several of their wired headphones.

Maybe look at this wireless Senn:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-...0ZBDFZ4DNK13DK

Thanks for the tip! Appreciate it.