Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The issue with that trinket is on more recent content that poses a challenge AKA MoP it's a really bad trade off of dmg to leech.

Deleted
    If they do cata it's irrelevant.

Deleted
    I can do all the Cata raids pretty easily(715ish ilvl), will need decent gear though, Spine might be a problem, you will need leech on one of your items. Everything else is TW at start, and pop that boss

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't need leech, I have 0 leech and do it with cold snap and glyph of regenerative ice.

Soloing as a mage is mostly just about getting used to the fact that you can't just mentally afk and take a pounding as opposite to if you´re playing almost any other class.

u dont need leech on spine, just wait 9+ ooze then evanesce then arcane explosion, you wont even take damage the whole fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says how is soloing old raids as a mage?

Considering useing my level 100 boost to solo as a mage and Ill also be going after the legendary staff. So how is it? How do you self heal if needed and all.

Never really played a mage in WoW besides at really old levels.
    Mage is literally the worst class to solo things* with; might be just above Rogue (the second worst class) on a few specific fights.

As far as what we can solo though, at L100, pretty much everything 25H Cata and below is effortless (Spine of Deathwing requires some effort though). If your goal is just for Dragonwrath, you will have ZERO issues with it (soloing the mini-quests before you get the first staff is a bit tricky but doable).

For MoP stuff, it requires a lot more patience, gear, and skill. Once Legion comes out, MoP stuff will be quite easy.

If you want a good caster for soloing stuff, try Warlock or Druid. If you want a good soloing class, no class will ever be up to par with DKs, but you cannot pick a worse class at soloing old raids than Mage.

* By "things", I'm referring to old bosses/raids that you cannot snare nor root. If something is snareable/rootable, Mage is excellent, but like 99.9% of raid bosses are immune to most if not all forms of CC, so that's irrelevant.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    On very old content, there is an internal buf that makes you do millions of damage per second. That was done to accommodate the squish. You may not require leech but even very little of it, makes it trivial since very low leech can fully heal you on a couple of hits in Spine.