7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb NOT using the class trinket as arcane

Lately I've noticed that some higher geared arcane mages like myself (ilvl 722) are often not running the class trinket for some fights. They are opting for combinations such as PoF and Sethe. Is this simply for extra aoe damage for fights such as Iskar and council, or is there something more I'm missing?

I also am pretty sure that what I'm seeing isnt the aftermath of using the class trinket with the extended arcane power glyph and then swapping to another trinket to cheese that way.

im pretry sure its the cheese stuff.
    (if you AP with class trinket pre pull and switch trinkets your arcane blasts stay buffed for the AP duration. worth for short fights but shouldnt exist, same shit as proccing the old ring and trinkets with fruit basket)

only fights i can imagine it being better is hellfire assault or xhul

yeh they are using the bug for ranking on fights less than 2 minutes, class trinket on > arcane power before pull > swap trinkets and your arcane power still gets all the effects while having another trinket. kinda lame

Any chance you got logs of such fights?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Any chance you got logs of such fights?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=23 is probably a good example

I know my excuse for not using it is that I don't have it. ilevel 712, I have seen the trinket drop once but didn't win it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    Lately I've noticed that some higher geared arcane mages like myself (ilvl 722) are often not running the class trinket for some fights. They are opting for combinations such as PoF and Sethe. Is this simply for extra aoe damage for fights such as Iskar and council, or is there something more I'm missing?.
    Well, I really hate the class trinket (mage ilvl 733). Not becausew the mechnic sucks, but.... this is a pure single target dps trinket... and remember those mythic HFC fights..... Iron reaver yes..... Zakuun yes.... but else? nearly all other fight need you to kill adds/bombs fast... the class trinket won't help you with this...
    so it is quite ok to NOT use it in my opinion. on those fights you specc frost it s quite a win.

p.s. so my conclusion is.... mages don't use the class trinket, as progress is over and casual guilds struggel on add dmg more than boss dmg
    Last edited by mmoc4bdec3ae25; 2015-11-27 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    Well, I really hate the class trinket (mage ilvl 733). Not becausew the mechnic sucks, but.... this is a pure single target dps trinket... and remember those mythic HFC fights..... Iron reaver yes..... Zakuun yes.... but else? nearly all other fight need you to kill adds/bombs fast... the class trinket won't help you with this...
    so it is quite ok to NOT use it in my opinion. on those fights you specc frost it s quite a win.

p.s. so my conclusion is.... mages don't use the class trinket, as progress is over and casual guilds struggel on add dmg more than boss dmg
    what do you mean, class trinket won't make you kill adds quickly? if there ever was a single item that made your single target burst double, this is it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    what do you mean, class trinket won't make you kill adds quickly? if there ever was a single item that made your single target burst double, this is it.
    AP active: big burst; AP not active: no gain from the trinkets.

So yes if there are adds every 2 minutes, when you line up AP with ring, adds will die quickly.... othersie.... you deal more dmg on adds with another trinket...
    e.g.: Bombs on reaver, Hands at kormrok (whoch you anyway AoE dow, where the trinkt won't bring any gain), adds on Gorefiend(lol i usethe class trinket there, as cleave trinkets might kill players too fast), adds on Xul.....

So in theory the class trinket help kill sth very fast.... but you won't have AP up every time there are adds. so with a bit of thinking you could have answered your qestion by yourself Cracked

So yes if there are adds every 2 minutes, when you line up AP with ring, adds will die quickly.... othersie.... you deal more dmg on adds with another trinket...
    e.g.: Bombs on reaver, Hands at kormrok (whoch you anyway AoE dow, where the trinkt won't bring any gain), adds on Gorefiend(lol i usethe class trinket there, as cleave trinkets might kill players too fast), adds on Xul.....

So in theory the class trinket help kill sth very fast.... but you won't have AP up every time there are adds. so with a bit of thinking you could have answered your qestion by yourself Cracked
    I'm not gonna tell you how to play your game, but if you think tome is bad in those situations, you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorrum View Post
    Lately I've noticed that some higher geared arcane mages like myself (ilvl 722) are often not running the class trinket for some fights. They are opting for combinations such as PoF and Sethe. Is this simply for extra aoe damage for fights such as Iskar and council, or is there something more I'm missing?

I also am pretty sure that what I'm seeing isnt the aftermath of using the class trinket with the extended arcane power glyph and then swapping to another trinket to cheese that way.
    They are doing speed rank kills... The players you are seeing using fire are those whose raid teams average ilv is roughly 740.

The fights are just farm to them I wouldn't recommend trying to copy it unless you are in the same situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I'm not gonna tell you how to play your game, but if you think tome is bad in those situations, you are doing it wrong.
    never claimed that xD

By absolutely no coincidence the sort of add that might actually require your CD's happens to be on a longer spawn timer than your AP CD....
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-11-28 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    But that one's precisely the source of this trinket-swapping technique.

Also, not really on topic, but as I also mentioned in Alter Time, in a carry run today on Zakuun I tried swapping using Orb of Voidsight, and I discovered that the proc happens instantly, rather than after a significant delay, as other trinkets did. The log is here if you are interested:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=43&source=23

Other than cheesing on (Mythic) Zakuun, this also has interesting implications for people who try to solo bosses under 1 min and doesn't have a good Sethe's Gaze, especially when we're trying to solo Tier 18 stuff in Tier 19, assuming power creep isn't too serious.

Though I'm still not sure if crystal explosion actually hits Zakuun for an extra 10%, or if your part of the ring explosion does.

(Note: I was the one getting carried. Also, if anyone from SnK doesn't want me to link this just tell me and I'll remove link.)
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-12-02 at 03:49 PM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.