Hello!

Thx Kralljin for your feedback on those build. I'm not posting much here but I'm following this thread with attention.

Can you specify if these tests were made with full artifact or not ?

Do you think the full artifact + relic + legendary will change something ? I mean, we can go on really heavy Lava Burst build with the legendary doing a dot on the target + 3 relics upgrading "lava imbued" trait on our artifact (+20% on LvB).

I can see another setup related on chain lighing but not lighting bolt. Am I wrong ?

Cheers and thx to beta player for their feedback!
    PS: sorry for bad English

7+ Year Old Account
    in response to negative feedback, those of us that have been around are just tired of blizzards lack of creative vision for this spec. we see it all the time in what they do and how they defend it. then, they never seem to be able to tune us worth crap. on top of that, WoD beta we had ppl telling us 'only post positive feedback'. notice, that isn't constructive or non-toxic. Blizzard and some other ppl in the community asked us to just post nice things about ele. was hilarious and pretty much the end of any respect i had for their class team. then you see mumper talking about how great the twitter patch was, and how everyone used garrisons so garrisons must have been great, and i just see people that deserve no persons respect in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    in response to negative feedback, those of us that have been around are just tired of blizzards lack of creative vision for this spec. we see it all the time in what they do and how they defend it. then, they never seem to be able to tune us worth crap. on top of that, WoD beta we had ppl telling us 'only post positive feedback'. notice, that isn't constructive or non-toxic. Blizzard and some other ppl in the community asked us to just post nice things about ele. was hilarious and pretty much the end of any respect i had for their class team. then you see mumper talking about how great the twitter patch was, and how everyone used garrisons so garrisons must have been great, and i just see people that deserve no persons respect in the least.
    Not to mention that the feedback for WoD was great and actually constructive. It was just ignored and they had to patch us a couple of weeks in.

Honestly, this goes all the way back to the Bus Shock incident where our feedback was just ignored because someone got sick. We've just been getting shafted ever since. We had one good tier in firelands and I think that was more because they didn't pay attention to elemental at all. That 2p was so overpowered when I first saw it I laughed and said there's no way that's making it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzguhl View Post
    Can you specify if these tests were made with full artifact or not ?
    Majority of traits were unlocked.

Volcanic fissure is probably the most imporant one that was missing, i do not believe that Earthen Attunement / Ground Trembles / Emberstorm would have had a major impact there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzguhl View Post
    Do you think the full artifact + relic + legendary will change something ? I mean, we can go on really heavy Lava Burst build with the legendary doing a dot on the target + 3 relics upgrading "lava imbued" trait on our artifact (+20% on LvB).
    Maybe.

First issue is getting the Legendary Belt, with 8 potential Legendaries the chance of you getting the Belt aren't that big.

As for Relics, i'd call it a maybe again, my guess is that the Ilvl will decide which one you will take, problem here is obviously that Relics work like gems, you destroy them if you put another one in, you can't switch around.

Also, the 2pc greatly favors a Lightning build, with a 15% crit chance bonus on LB, while the 4pc slightly favors Lvb.

I think that in Single Target, a Lava Burst build will still be better, but a Lightning build also has some Cleave / AoE Advantages where a Lava Burst build has hardly any gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    That was a buff to lightning rod... it implies the damage done previously wasn't working with mastery and it also means that single target damage isn't going to be dependent upon spreading Lightning Rod (Spreading of course will increase damage to more targets).

But the way it reads now is that a 5 target CL would apply 30% of the sum damage to the primary LR, instead of just that single hit of that target.
    It may be a buff vs the non working version but it's a nerf to the original's design concept. For instance on a patchwork fight having LR is the equivalent as not having LR with the current version. While it was a proc it was extra damaged here and there. When it was an active then it was a giant artifact weapon enhancer. Every iteration has brought it's usefulness down lower and lower. Unless I'm reading this wrong there is 0 dps benefit, it only helps with priority targets. Unless this damage is additional to the damage you are already doing the entire talent is just odd. The only instance I can see this helping is if the damage isn't reduced by further procs so that you can increase the net damage a group of mobs takes over a long (raid wise) period of time. The other 2 at least provide a damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Unless I'm reading this wrong there is 0 dps benefit, it only helps with priority targets. Unless this damage is additional to the damage you are already doing the entire talent is just odd.
    The talent doesn't split Lb damage into 70% and 30%, LB deals 130% damage while LR is up, no matter which target has Lightning Rod or which one is hit by LB.

The wording for a Single target situation is indeed poor.

earthquake is garbage simply because I think they dont want us to use it in cleave situations(2 targets) casue lets face it would be annoying

The fix is simple just burst EQ damge to high levels if CL hits more than >= 3 targets, its the same bandaid fix of WOD but at this point I dont mind it at all, and it would fix our AOE issues.

The level 100 talents however are just pure shit

The problem I see is that ele has an extremely high burst with asc, but cannot sustain after that. Right now ele is middle of the road at best in single target fights and horrid in AoE fights. I saw today in a mythic raid that a Hpally was out dpsing an ele. That is disgusting, ele needs to be shown some love or they will be the assassination rogues of HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracofalltraits View Post
    The problem I see is that ele has an extremely high burst with asc, but cannot sustain after that. Right now ele is middle of the road at best in single target fights and horrid in AoE fights. I saw today in a mythic raid that a Hpally was out dpsing an ele. That is disgusting, ele needs to be shown some love or they will be the assassination rogues of HFC.
    i dont think you saw a hpally out dpsing a ele shaman if they were in the middle of the pact dps.

Deleted
    We are actually really good for single target' ,a little more better than on live for switching target because of flameshock condition for lava burst. We just have some trouble for multi because of our L100 talent are so bad ( LR and LM ). Both needs really good change. More than than we need blizzard keep a way to dps on multi target' they need to make a choice: multi in now with flameshock or is now with earthquake. Now if we spam flameshock or if we spam earthquake we have the same dps, they need to choose one of them and buff it. CL is good actually so it s ok to stay like this. Buff flameshock will make this spell too strong for single target dps so i think they need to make more powerfull our earthquake making that our CL (when we hit 3 target or more ) give a buff to our earthquake or making the dps of earthquake highter. Maybe they could give a boost to earthquake when it hits target with flameshock as they thinked to do with magnitude but without magnitude talent. Sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The talent doesn't split Lb damage into 70% and 30%, LB deals 130% damage while LR is up, no matter which target has Lightning Rod or which one is hit by LB.

So do you mean LR is kinda like a personal buff as well? It still deal 130% dmg even when it doesn't hit the LR'd target? Then it should've been viable for ST situation? The only thing to fix this talent is the duration. And maybe bring back the previous version, where CL apply LR on all target hit, not only on the primal target. I don't actually want to give up this talent simply because the animation is too good to be skipped T^T...

I've been playing a ton of Endless PGs with Lightning Rod, and it's actually a pretty solid talent. It's versatile, good for sustained ST DPS, and has a high skill cap for AoE. That said, I agree with Kraljin about it's duration. LR's proc rate and damage feel fine, it just needs to last longer.

LM is deceptively good IMO, but this is probably because EQ definitely needs to hit harder.

Also, I really hope the people complaining about sustained damage outside of Ascendance are also the same people who are bandwagoning on the Asc/EM/Primal Elementalist build going around. The T90 and T75 rows have EF/Aftershock/Icefury to improve sustained DPS. If it's still shit, then we sit back and wait for more tuning I guess :P

This was probably suggested before but why not make Lighting Rod the same as the new Havoc for Warlocks?

Lightning Rod Talent
    8% of base Mana
    Instant
    Requires Shaman (Elemental)
    Requires level 100
    Make the target a Lightning Rod for 20 sec. Lightning Rods take 30% of all damage you deal with Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning.

Deleted
    Just tried out elemental on the beta, and they only turn fun for me with certain talents. Mainly Elemental blast and Icefury make it fun cause of the large amounts of spells. All the other ones make it so dull just basically spamming lightning bolt and lavalash.
    Do you guys think that those talents are going to be the best, or will it just be a 3 spell spec?

I went for http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...elemental/MT_z

Does seem I do way more damage with Elemental fusion, Echo of Elements and Path of flame. But it makes it sooo boring.
    Last edited by mmoc66f43097a4; 2016-06-28 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

ok then this is a lot better then. They really need to adopt a boollean method of writing descriptions for talents/abilities. The change would then be a nice buff especially if you can CL through the boss. I think the lightning gattling gun might be back next expansion after all then. Granted it might not be as powerful as a LvB build but everything on that side is so unconnected that I'd rather play a style that feels better. I'm also glad EQ is turning into garbage as I never really liked the abiilty

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    So do you mean LR is kinda like a personal buff as well? It still deal 130% dmg even when it doesn't hit the LR'd target?
    If Target A has LR and you cast LB on Target B, then Target B takes the full LB damage (100%) while Target A takes 30% off that damage from LR.

If you cast LB on a target with Lightning Rod, it takes 100% regular LB damage and 30% additional damage from LR.

In other words, while LR is active Lb "deals" 30% more damage, plain and simple, the 30% additional damage is simply accounted to Lightning Rod.

Then it should've been viable for ST situation? The only thing to fix this talent is the duration.
    Increasing the proc chance or simply handing out a totally different activator would also solve things.

Personally i'd simply take it as a 100% proc chance with a target limit(2 seems fine to me), a 100% uptime in Single target situation seems legit to me.

And maybe bring back the previous version, where CL apply LR on all target hit, not only on the primal target.
    The Talent needs to be consistent, this change would give LR too much potential damage, where on one end, the spell just sucks because it doesn't trigger and on the other end it explodes the damage meter because the stars aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I'm also glad EQ is turning into garbage as I never really liked the abiilty
    They will most likely buff EQ, the spell is currently a trap spell like Mind sear.

Your mind tells you to use this spell because it's an AoE / Cleave situation but it's actually a Dps loss, in terms of raw damage EQ surpasses ES at ~4 Targets, while EQ only costs 50 Maelstrom, you need 2 GCD's to dump all Maelstrom, very often i just found myself hitting ES to dump all maelstrom and continue Cl Spam.

Especially since Static Overload just brings you to 100 Maelstrom within a single GCD, just so much easier to dump all that with ES rather than constantly reselecting EQ.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-28 at 04:04 PM.

Well, the Control of Lava nerf has officially killed Ele PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Well, the Control of Lava nerf has officially killed Ele PvP.
    Not entirely, Cartoonz did a video a few days ago with a build for competitive pvp that actually doesn't take Control of Lava.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcAqvbf_blg

Not entirely, Cartoonz did a video a few days ago with a build for competitive pvp that actually doesn't take Control of Lava.

I like Cartoonz videos but lol on that video he didnt dueled anyone, he only shown 2vs2 where the oponents only had either 1 melee or were all casters, he shown one 3vs3 and lost it, everytime someone focused him he went down like butter.

Anyway, funny how enh got nerf last patch and had massive bugs still did more damage than elemental and this patch they buffed it again.

People don't realize that he was actually doing dick damage with that build. Lava Burst damage is still obnoxiously too low.