Quote Originally Posted by UberpwN View Post
    Try Moonkin with 3 seconds Full Moon cast, you would feel slow as GMO chicken.
    Full Moon with a 3 second casttime deals more damage than 3 Stormkeeper Lightning Bolts / Chain Lightnings and "only" has 2/3 of their cast time. Sure casting Full Moon is tiresome but the result is amazing. Otherwise casting Lightning Bolt with Stormkeeper (and even without) feels very unrewarding.

Deleted
    Hold up! I say about how I feel, not the numbers. Obviously, we could have a spell with 10 seconds cast for 3x full moon damage, but does it make spec feeling faster? Not at all

I dont say it's perfect, would be nice to buff stormkeeper in some way. New buffs are cool enough for now.

Deleted
    like i mentioned in another thread, i dont get why stormkeeper is on the gcd while the enhance ability isnt. Also i would appreciate if they gave the spell more interaction. like for example let it proc mastery guaranted for its duration (enhance get 100% windfury procs). Your normal mastery rating should be converted to haste or crit (kinda like a mini firemage combustion). Remove the 3 spells cap, just make it a 6 sec duration like enhancement. the more casts you fit in this window, the better.

right now enhancement is just way more fun to play. its not about numbers for me, just the gameplay itself.

btw, why did they remove spiritwalk whilst my mage still gets his ice floes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    like i mentioned in another thread, i dont get why stormkeeper is on the gcd while the enhance ability isnt. Also i would appreciate if they gave the spell more interaction. like for example let it proc mastery guaranted for its duration (enhance get 100% windfury procs). Your normal mastery rating should be converted to haste or crit (kinda like a mini firemage combustion). Remove the 3 spells cap, just make it a 6 sec duration like enhancement. the more casts you fit in this window, the better.

right now enhancement is just way more fun to play. its not about numbers for me, just the gameplay itself.

Couldnt agree more with Stormkeeper, i tried a mage as an alt for run. And Fire Blast feels so awesome and i would love to have that on my shaman artifact

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Fucking yes dude

Elemental felt so much better when the cast times were fast. Made losing moving lightning bolt managable. But the increased cast times from wod made the spec feel so god damn slow and sluggish... I couldn't bare it.
    yeah, they changed it back then, because we didnt really scale well with haste CDs and the legendary gem was haste proc, so they upped cast times to 2s, but afaik, noawadays the GCD caps at 0.75, so maybe they could scale it back for some spells?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    Couldnt agree more with Stormkeeper, i tried a mage as an alt for run. And Fire Blast feels so awesome and i would love to have that on my shaman artifact
    I know. I main a fire mage and i wanted to try another caster as an alt, the elemental shaman always caught my eye since i leveled one back in MoP. God, i loved MoP shaman, it was just a spectacle. And since i come from playing fire mostly, i wish we had more control over our Lavasurge procs. Sure mage numbers are fucking great, but gameplaywise, they also take the cake. It just fits together perfectly, you have an interactive artifact ability and a completly different level of control over your whole rotation.

Back on earliest alpha, SK was having a cast time, but the three buffed LBs / CLs had a critical guaranteed along with 200% inc damage as well. Not to mention PoTM was also proc like crazy with 2 extra overload instead of one we have today. LB was topping the dps meter over LvB. Wish they revert SK and PoTM back like it was on alpha

Looks like we got our fill of buffs from what I'm reading on MMO front page. I'll be interested to see how we compare to the other classes though I'm not setting my hopes too high

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Looks like we got our fill of buffs from what I'm reading on MMO front page. I'll be interested to see how we compare to the other classes though I'm not setting my hopes too high
    The buffs were meant to close the gap, not put us over the top. We'll still do lower sustained damage than most classes while specializing in burst. Hopefully the chain lightning buff helps with cleave/aoe as well.

The buffs actually put us in a worse spot than before. Other specs that were performing better than us received significant buffs, while we just received a ~6% dps increase. With the recent buffs to SP, it puts us as the worst ranged spec in the game and possibly the worst overall spec. Will have to wait for log statistics this week but currently, at 75th percentile we are 2nd to last. Specs like Ret, Balance, Arcane/Frost, Frost DK that were performing better got huge buffs. So we'll see, but it doesn't look good at this point.

Deleted
    current sims show us not completely at the bottom
    but far from top. we may be a bit morr in line with other casters. please take these like they are, just sims, not actual raid environments. anything with movement still kills dps (honestly, blizz should give us spiritwalkers grace back)

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Stop posting sims that feature broken or shitty APLs for some classes. Here you go: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#sample=7. Real world data. Frost Mage, Frost DK, Warlocks, Ret, Balance have all received 10-15% buffs. Elemental has received a 6-8% buff. Even though we received buffs, we did not get buffed hard enough to not be bottom.

Deleted
    You elemental shamans are never happy, stop siphoning enhancement buffs.

Yes happy with 6% buffs that in the grand scheme of things bring us down further. We should take our scraps and go back into our holes.

but far from top. we may be a bit morr in line with other casters. please take these like they are, just sims, not actual raid environments. anything with movement still kills dps (honestly, blizz should give us spiritwalkers grace back)

So why did Demolock receive buffs when they are now visibly ahead (by about 10%) of all others?? (along with feral, no buffs but also no nerfs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    Yes happy with 6% buffs that in the grand scheme of things bring us down further. We should take our scraps and go back into our holes.
    Well, they could always just give earthshock a cast time or something.

Deleted
    We're still going to be at or near the bottom of the pack. But at least the entire spread is going to be a bit narrower so it's not as big an issue.

I did my first raid as a warlock but switched back to elemental shaman for the raid last night since seeing the patch notes, it gave me faith that Blizz will balance properly. This isn't over, but it's a pretty significant step in the right direction, I would prefer Blizz to be cautious and not slap on enormous buffs. Hopefully in another couple of weeks when we have information about how the changes have affected things we'll see another hotfix to bring us up a bit more. And maybe in 7.1 see a mechanical change to improve our mobility.

With regards to stormkeeper off the global cooldown. I don't have a problem with it as is, the animation is cool and now I have the second gold trait which summons the lightning elemental it feels much more satisfying. I'd like to see it have another effect though, like make the lightning bolts instant cast, or maybe call lightning down on the target using enhancements crash lightning animation or our lightning rod one, that would feel really cool.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    So why did Demolock receive buffs when they are now visibly ahead (by about 10%) of all others?? (along with feral, no buffs but also no nerfs)
    First off all, i know its fucking awesome to whine and QQ, but want you to go back and actually read that post. I mean, ACTUALLY read it. I clearly said, its just a sim, not real raid environments. Second, its a patchwerk fight with 0 movement. How many encounters have 0 movement and single target? Correct, Zero. How many encounters have only 1 target? Right, two. So how representative is this? Not much, eh. Like i said, its just a simulation, showing results of a very specific situation, to estimate potential, not to show real potential...

If Blizz cares about the situation and its clear that Ele is still shit and literally unplayable (lets be fair, you wouldnt even take an ele into a pug right now), they will change it.

Ele hotfixes broke Overload. LB and CL overloads currently hitting for 23% less damage, LVB overloads hitting for 5% less.

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    Ele hotfixes broke Overload. LB and CL overloads currently hitting for 23% less damage, LVB overloads hitting for 5% less.
    and those numbers are the exact buff to lb/cl & lvb.