My main gripe is using EQ and LMT during mythic +'s. It feels weird/clunky having to drop them down instead of just casting on a target and them being placed right at their feet. Think this would solve my CONSTANT problem of a path never being available. As it is now, I sometimes have to actually go jump in melee range to get them to drop, which is lost dps time and puts me at risk of being cleaved down. =/

As for raid wide dps, I can't really say much in regards to that since I don't raid. Damage seems to be fine on Mythic + bosses, but I know it's because burst will rank better on shorter fights. Pulls with 2-3 targets though are the bane of my existence if I don't have SK or LMT. Consistently do less dps than the tank on these pulls, though I'm unsure if it is my own skill (I FS all targets then LvB off cd with CL filler), my computer lag (which is horrid, I need a new comp), or just shamans not being highly ranked on 2 target cleave (I don't know how we fair in this regard). 4+ pulls though I do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgalicious View Post
    My main gripe is using EQ and LMT during mythic +'s. It feels weird/clunky having to drop them down instead of just casting on a target and them being placed right at their feet. Think this would solve my CONSTANT problem of a path never being available. As it is now, I sometimes have to actually go jump in melee range to get them to drop, which is lost dps time and puts me at risk of being cleaved down. =/

As for raid wide dps, I can't really say much in regards to that since I don't raid. Damage seems to be fine on Mythic + bosses, but I know it's because burst will rank better on shorter fights. Pulls with 2-3 targets though are the bane of my existence if I don't have SK or LMT. Consistently do less dps than the tank on these pulls, though I'm unsure if it is my own skill (I FS all targets then LvB off cd with CL filler), my computer lag (which is horrid, I need a new comp), or just shamans not being highly ranked on 2 target cleave (I don't know how we fair in this regard). 4+ pulls though I do fine.
    Try not casting FS or LvB and just spam CL on pulls where the mobs die fast and if you're in a mythic plus or aoe'ing mobs with a ton of health spam CL and then EQ whenever you have enough for it. Generally the situations where you're fighting packs of mobs that die slower the more useful EQ spamming is. Screw the LvB and FS on all targets, thats wasting valuable global cooldowns you could use on CL.
    Last edited by TaliicElemental; 2016-10-09 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    I usually don't post in the class forums, kinda lurk though. Long time Shaman player. But I saw some people talking about Naesam and I came across this on the youtubes and I thought I'd post it.

It's a 9 minute video about ES and EQ and why blizzard really screwed up on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliicElemental View Post
    Try not casting FS or LvB and just spam CL on pulls where the mobs die fast and if you're in a mythic plus or aoe'ing mobs with a ton of health spam CL and then EQ whenever you have enough for it. Generally the situations where you're fighting packs of mobs that die slower the more useful EQ spamming is. Screw the LvB and FS on all targets, thats wasting valuable global cooldowns you could use on CL.
    I'm going to try that, thanks.

Elemental
    Stormkeeper (Rank 1) Raises The Fist of Ra-den to the sky and absorbs all nearby electric energy, causing your next 3 casts of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning to deal 200% increased damage. be instant and deal 200% increased damage.

Added Cast Time , Next 3 Spells Instant. Helps with mobility but I can't imagine its much of a dps increase with GCDs.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    I take it Earthen Rage got a tiny buff by being corrected from fire to nature damage? Will be affected by artifact traits now.
    Already does nature damage on live according to combatlog. It's just a tooltip correction.

Also. Why exactly did SK need a cast time now? couldnt they just have given us the instant casts for free???

It wouldve actually been useful in pvp as well but now every player worth his salt will interrupt/cc the SK cast LOL. What the hell is wrong with the shaman designers.
    Last edited by TripleZero; 2016-10-12 at 03:00 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    Elemental
    Stormkeeper (Rank 1) Raises The Fist of Ra-den to the sky and absorbs all nearby electric energy, causing your next 3 casts of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning to deal 200% increased damage. be instant and deal 200% increased damage.

Added Cast Time , Next 3 Spells Instant. Helps with mobility but I can't imagine its much of a dps increase with GCDs.
    It's basically a glorified icefury now, only it doesn't have a slow, and you lose your ability to heal yourself if it's interrupted.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Not that it matters much but the new version of Stomkeeper also reduces GCD of LB and CL by 0.5 seconds (see 4th effect http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/205495-s...er#22731-22797)

Deleted
    recent change to stormkeeper makes it feel like proper artifact ability now, though i dont think it was that necessary - ele shammy is in a bad shape now same as every previous expac. This change is nice but doesnt solve the real problem since the change is to a 45s cooldown that doesnt affect long term consistent dps anyways.
    The good thing is that they are starting looking into problematic classes (ele, fury) and hopefully we will all get some decent changes

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry i am confused how is it having a castime and makes the next 3 LB/CL instant not good. Sigh people complain about mobility ect now we have things we can throw for short bursts of movement every minute, couple that with surge procs and Icefury if talented we should be really really mobile tbh.

Every caster class has Globals to deal with, we are not special snowflakes.
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-10-12 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Sorry i am confused how is it having a castime and makes the next 3 LB/CL instant not good. Sigh people complain about mobility ect now we have things we can throw for short bursts of movement every minute, couple that with surge procs and Icefury if talented we should be really really mobile tbh.

I didn't see that it had a cast time now? If that's the case that the change only helps for times of known mvmt. Any rnd mvmt we still have almost no mobility.

Either way, doesn't solve the underlying problems but it still better than nothing. (don't have much hope of getting fixed during legion)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    It's basically a glorified icefury now, only it doesn't have a slow, and you lose your ability to heal yourself if it's interrupted.

It is absolutely not like icefury, I mean..what? Do you actually know anything about elemental perks and artifact perks?

+ stormkeeper is much better with chain lightning than lightningbolt while icefury is pure single target. Also chainlightning and lightningbolt generate maelstrom and the most important thing: they trigger elemental overload and static overload. Frost shock does not.

No its not a "glorified icefury" at all

I know the class has issues but please lets not start stating absurd things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ize View Post
    I didn't see that it had a cast time now? If that's the case that the change only helps for times of known mvmt. Any rnd mvmt we still have almost no mobility.

Either way, doesn't solve the underlying problems but it still better than nothing. (don't have much hope of getting fixed during legion)

Well the 1.5 sec castime doesn't change much, before you still had that animation for 1.5 or 2 sec GCD before casting the empowered spells. Now you have one short cast and then all is instant. Its much better, even pvp wise (but why pvp as elemental unless you are playing with an organized group?).
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-10-12 at 08:48 AM.

Can't they do something about ES ? Like damage increased based on crit or mastery, even with a +30% buff damage or even more it would still be not that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post

Because the ability is still pretty weak overall. In comparison it's still a pretty bad artifact skill. And why does it need a cast time? It doesn't make any sense. Even it if would be an instant cast and gives 200% damage and three instant LB's it would be pretty underwhelming for what it is. And now they're giving it a cast time to compensate... what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Can't they do something about ES ? Like damage increased based on crit or mastery, even with a +30% buff damage or even more it would still be not that amazing.
    Right. ES is another huge issue right now. The 100 MS ES is just too weak. It needs at least a 20-30% buff in damage or a ressource reduce so that it deals maximum damage with ~ 70 MS.

Having ES benefit from from Mastery somehow would be great. Either by giving it a chance to multistrike or passive bonus damage based on how much Mastery the player has would go a long way to resolve our basic damage and stat scaling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Having ES benefit from from Mastery somehow would be great. Either by giving it a chance to multistrike or passive bonus damage based on how much Mastery the player has would go a long way to resolve our basic damage and stat scaling.
    I personally would hate it to work with Mastery as it is still our lowest stat. Granted it would improve the need for it and then we are stuck trying to Balance 3 stats again. Blizz needs to make up there minds what our stats are and stick to them. If it is crit /Haste then make things scale of those two stats. If it is Haste/Mastery then make ascendance scale damage off Mastery then.

Just an idea, it is just silly looking at all the stuff i need to more or less functional and you get fire mages that stack Crit and haste.......and still blow us out of the water. The fact is this Blizz needs to simplify things and then work up again (Complete Rework) Forcing us to stack crit to make use of Ascendance is bad bad design. Granted our normal spells will crit more often and we will hit harder thanks to our 250 percent crit bonus but then our Mastery falls by the wayside. Our sustained damage as i has said countless times is sitting in our Mastery and the fact that blizzard has gutted LB to the core of having 100 percent mastery to actually hit hard is a problem.

This spec needs to be looked at very very closely because with an slight overtune we can be godlike. But as i have seen for the past 2 expansions is that we are never tuned correctly or even competitively.
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-10-12 at 01:17 PM.

Anyone with PTR access (at work currently) know if the SK with the cast time acts like the version in the beta (before it went instant) where the it could be cast while moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnious View Post
    Anyone with PTR access (at work currently) know if the SK with the cast time acts like the version in the beta (before it went instant) where the it could be cast while moving?
    You have to stand still.