Thread: Fallout 4 RU

Fallout 4 RU

Has anyone tried the Fallout 4 RU version?

I bought the new MG for 14-16 euro and was wondering if I should do the same with Fallout 4.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you speak russian, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    if you speak russian, you should be fine.
    I speak many languages, alas, Ruski isn't one of them. MG wasn't in russian though.

As Russian myself I would highly not recommend doing so because game has a lot of dialogs, perks, items. Better pirate it or buy proper eu version. BUT, on other hand only text is translated, voice is still English. It's up to you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    As Russian myself I would highly not recommend doing so because game has a lot of dialogs, perks, items. Better pirate it or buy proper eu version. BUT, on other hand only text is translated, voice is still English. It's up to you anyway.
    Not sure if it's against forum rules, but I wonder if it's only necessary to activate via VPN (like every other game so far) or if you also need to log in via vpn to play.

I remember buying battlefield 3 and other games on Russia from cdkey sites, you just changed the language and that was it dunno if it's the same with fallout 4 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good way to get your Steam account locked. They don't really care if you use a VPN to play games early, they REALLY care if you use VPNs to buy cheaper games from Russia.

They shouldn't offer discounts based on country in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They shouldn't offer discounts based on country in the first place.
    Not everyone everywhere has the same levels of disposable income. So they can either sell it cheaper in Russia and Asia or not sell it at all because no one could afford it.

Deleted
    you can go onto ru steam website and it should say what languages the game supports

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get your Steam account locked. They don't really care if you use a VPN to play games early, they REALLY care if you use VPNs to buy cheaper games from Russia.
    Have about 50 games in my steam library, most russian keys via g2a. I doubt they will "lock" your account.

They might, if you use a vpn and buy a game from the russian STEAM store though. But I never did that.

I'm asking here, because I wonder if you merely need to activate via vpn, or also play via vpn. The latter would be kinda meh...

Im suprised they let fallout be sold in russia, Such a strong anti communist theme to the game and such pro american theme i thought the russians would have cracked down on that sort of thing. i mean they have wikipedia blocked and threaten to block reddit again.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Have about 50 games in my steam library, most russian keys via g2a. I doubt they will "lock" your account.

They might, if you use a vpn and buy a game from the russian STEAM store though. But I never did that.

I'm asking here, because I wonder if you merely need to activate via vpn, or also play via vpn. The latter would be kinda meh...
    It's usually stated on the site where you buy it from. Some games only need a vpn to be activated and some need a vpn to play it as well.

If you are talking about g2a it states on the purchase page : Warning! This product is region locked and CAN be activated and played in the following countries: ...

So you will need a vpn to play it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    It's usually stated on the site where you buy it from. Some games only need a vpn to be activated and some need a vpn to play it as well.

If you are talking about g2a it states on the purchase page : Warning! This product is region locked and CAN be activated and played in the following countries: ...

So you will need a vpn to play it as well.
    Clear as day. Thanks broseph!

7+ Year Old Account
    So why do you asking? I`m speakin Russian a little bit. hat differences you want to see between these to versions? Just translate? or there my be something else? Thanks

RU version of games cost half the price or less

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im suprised they let fallout be sold in russia, Such a strong anti communist theme to the game and such pro american theme i thought the russians would have cracked down on that sort of thing. i mean they have wikipedia blocked and threaten to block reddit again.
    Sorry what? Since when Russia is communist? Wikipedia is not blocked, it was just for few hours or day. I played Fallout 4 for over 100 hours never found anything Anti-Russian... USA flags? yay so offended.*sacrasm off* There are TONS of fans in Russia and many are creative. Check pll's home for example: http://forums.playground.ru/fallout_...lout_4-883849/ . (click on Спойлер to see some) Seriously the amount of bullshit you wrote in one post blew my mind, next time please think/goggle before posting something.
    P.S. Quest with "Russians" actually was pretty funny and one of my most fav. Looking forward to complete it second time on my playthough .

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    RU version of games cost half the price or less
    steam does not lock region (for now). Technically speaking, you are frauding, since you are not supposed to purchase from this region. Fact is, you probably won't get caught because steam just look the other way.

Like someone said, in some regions, the economy could not support a full price game. Imagine if the average monthly wage of a country were $400. Can you imagine buying a $50 game. Piracy was running rampant in those region. To combat piracy, game company accept to sell their game at reduce price to match the local economy. In order to benefit such price, you have to be a resident of these region.

But since Steam is mainly immaterial, all you need to benefit these prices is to fake an IP address (via VPN) or having someone purchasing the key for you and reselling them, that's what G2A or instant gaming does. Like i said, it's technically frauding, but at least, you giving some money to the game publisher, so it's better than piracy and game publisher don't hammer down these practice because they don't want favor piracy.

Some game are only available in russian or polish language though. That was the case of some call of duty i heard. Some are multi language. Maybe there will come a day when steam decide to lock regions, but it's isn't the case.

Beware though, sometimes G2A resell stolen key (i remember being the case with sniper elite 3 last year) and steam can cancel the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    steam does not lock region (for now). Technically speaking, you are frauding, since you are not supposed to purchase from this region. Fact is, you probably won't get caught because steam just look the other way.

Like someone said, in some regions, the economy could not support a full price game. Imagine if the average monthly wage of a country were $400. Can you imagine buying a $50 game. Piracy was running rampant in those region. To combat piracy, game company accept to sell their game at reduce price to match the local economy. In order to benefit such price, you have to be a resident of these region.

But since Steam is mainly immaterial, all you need to benefit these prices is to fake an IP address (via VPN) or having someone purchasing the key for you and reselling them, that's what G2A or instant gaming does. Like i said, it's technically frauding, but at least, you giving some money to the game publisher, so it's better than piracy and game publisher don't hammer down these practice because they don't want favor piracy.

Some game are only available in russian or polish language though. That was the case of some call of duty i heard. Some are multi language. Maybe there will come a day when steam decide to lock regions, but it's isn't the case.

Beware though, sometimes G2A resell stolen key (i remember being the case with sniper elite 3 last year) and steam can cancel the key.
    if you pay for the g2a shield which is 1 extra euro, if you are unlucky to get a stolen key and steam block it, you just have to address the problem to g2a and they give you another key for free (you need to prove that the key was blocked with screenshots, of course).