Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid and party members dieing = huge damage increase

Has anyone else seen this for ret? It's crazy how much this ability alone is going to affect dps parses

Retribution

It is also why it's the first candidate for removal as well.

"Hey guys please go suicide so i can do more damage."

considering the amount of threats on the topic, i'm certain a lot of people have seen it.

People comming up with scenarios of a raid filled with ret paladins with that and the other item that ressurects you upon death, rotating suicides for insane dps.

Deleted
    There's literally no way it makes it live as a talent that works in instanced content. Speculating about it is basically pointless.

That synergy with Shaman's Reincarnation!

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    For me it seems more of a PvP talent than otherwise.
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it stacks for each dead raid member.

Raid leader calls for wipe. Paladin refuses, pops all his CD's and proceeds to murder the boss.

This has to make it live. Ret Paladins have nothing to call there own for so long. Plus even though I don't main pvp , it would be nice to be able to be wanted in rbg's and not be the spec that ppl joke about.Also if they were to need it then what's the point of the ability.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It will never ever ever ever make it to live. Absolutely none.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    I wonder if it stacks for each dead raid member.

Raid leader calls for wipe. Paladin refuses, pops all his CD's and proceeds to murder the boss.
    My thaoughts exactly.
    1.19 people die in 1 hit.
    2. Ret getting X19 power.
    3. Pops all CD in one macro.
    4. ...
    5. Boss drops dead....
    6. Paladin mass rez.
    7... Rinse and repeat until world first.

Madness will consume you!!!

Look at the shadow priest talents where the embrace old god corruption and die later.

That synergy

All ret arena teams should be hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

Also with eye for an eye rest are very antimelee as our PvP nice now. The get destroyed unless were stunned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Has anyone else seen this for ret? It's crazy how much this ability alone is going to affect dps parses

Retribution
    DPS parsing is dead with legion

Pr gear in WoD was first stpe.
    Abilities like this and the legendaries is the nail in the dps parse coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    My thaoughts exactly.
    4. ...
    5. Boss drops dead....
    6. Paladin mass rez.
    Good thing the hit only kills non ret!! And if one person with 19x is better than 20 people, something else is wrong.

It's funny

I doubt it will make it live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    For me it seems more of a PvP talent than otherwise.
    This is the intention. Supposed to make the Paladin more dangerous in PvP after a friendly death. If they decide to axe this for PvE I hope they keep it around for PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    DPS parsing is dead with legion

Pr gear in WoD was first stpe.
    Abilities like this and the legendaries is the nail in the dps parse coffin.
    Why so "sky is falling?"

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Good thing the hit only kills non ret!! And if one person with 19x is better than 20 people, something else is wrong.
    1. Bubbles FTW.
    2. One ret with X19 burst is probably not better than 20 people bursting the boss... But its fun to think that way...
    3. It was pretty much a sarcastic comment, since im actually among those who think this ability will not make it to live.

Other than that..... It helps magnify my Epeen a thousand fold to think of how much dps i did.

I love big numbers.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    0% chance this stays. Progression kills often have people dying one by one near the death of the boss, having a few rets would trivialize the most difficult part.

Oh yeah, and parses become completely meaningless.

Reminds me of Reck-bombing, though no one needed to die in that case.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    My thaoughts exactly.
    4. ...
    5. Boss drops dead....
    6. Paladin mass rez.
    That would be based on the assumption that it stacks, which is not hinted at all in the tooltip. I doubt it will make it live, but I feel like it could be a pretty interesting ability if it was reworked a bit. Put a cooldown on it so it can't activate more than once every X minutes and lower the damage and it's a cool idea that adds some flavor to Retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    0% chance this stays. Progression kills often have people dying one by one near the death of the boss, having a few rets would trivialize the most difficult part.

Oh yeah, and parses become completely meaningless.
    Doesn't even have to be progression, Mythic Archimonde for example gives you tons of reasons to suicide players (tanks and healers, at least) in the last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsion View Post
    This has to make it live. Ret Paladins have nothing to call there own for so long. Plus even though I don't main pvp , it would be nice to be able to be wanted in rbg's and not be the spec that ppl joke about.Also if they were to need it then what's the point of the ability.
    Ret still won't be taken for RBGs because of this small talent. They just don't fit the bracket well at all. If all you can do is great single target damage, you aren't needed in RBGs. The only way they make it in is if they have broken OP levels of damage.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2015-11-23 at 06:41 PM.