Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo View Post
    That's a really shitty trade off. Also, transforming into a monster wouldn't solve shit because it would no longer be a pet. If I wanted to transform into something I'd roll another class. If you don't want a pet reroll or go Frost. Frost DKs don't have pets and they exist as an alternative spec.

Frost uses diseases and plague in the form of cold. Honestly, you are just coming off as demanding and self-entitled. I say this not because you want "an option" but because you are telling us who disagree with you that your way is the best.
    It is only theorycrafting and my own ideas! Stop thinking I want to impose my agenda, I just want to discuss without people coming off as negative without reasons! Don't like my ideas, fine then don't comment or please provide what you'll enjoy!

I love unholy, AND I LOVE my ghoul, i've stated this countless times in this thread. I'm just exploring more individual options, I'm SO sorry for bothering. I never said my idea is the best. But I'm very passionate about unholy and I believe our current pet gameplay is lackluster!

Current pet gameplay is lackluster which is why in Legion were getting tons more to do with the pets we have (and more) to make it better

Deleted
    Lil Stinker when pet is upgraded is VERY strong in alpha. And it looks great, a huge step in a good direction!!!

Also unholy's cleave have so many sources, to top if off we'll have necrotic strike in PvP, and a more focus on hybrid melee-caster gameplay, I like! After seeing alpha I'm pretty happy.

- - - Updated - - -

The new disease popping gameplay is mesmerizingly amazing. Literally can't wait but I'll try to make time go fast these coming months...

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say, people who say "go frost if you dislike unholy" really don't have to make the effort to write that. I fell in love with unholy in cata, I tried frost, but unholy had more depth, a lot more abilities and I enjoyed the dark rotting theme, never enjoyed frosty themes.

Unholy would fit very well with no pet, but instead proccing undead from hits and summoning abilities for various "tasks". In a way be able to for a while have a little army that could be very difficult for enemies to deal with. While the dk himself is focusing on his own spells. It seems we're going into this direction but they will always keep our main ghoul. I'm still over the moon about getting so much new to unholy so I can't say I'm unhappy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Lil Stinker when pet is upgraded is VERY strong in alpha. And it looks great, a huge step in a good direction!!!

Also unholy's cleave have so many sources, to top if off we'll have necrotic strike in PvP, and a more focus on hybrid melee-caster gameplay, I like! After seeing alpha I'm pretty happy.

- - - Updated - - -

The new disease popping gameplay is mesmerizingly amazing. Literally can't wait but I'll try to make time go fast these coming months...

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say, people who say "go frost if you dislike unholy" really don't have to make the effort to write that. I fell in love with unholy in cata, I tried frost, but unholy had more depth, a lot more abilities and I enjoyed the dark rotting theme, never enjoyed frosty themes.

Unholy would fit very well with no pet, but instead proccing undead from hits and summoning abilities for various "tasks". In a way be able to for a while have a little army that could be very difficult for enemies to deal with. While the dk himself is focusing on his own spells. It seems we're going into this direction but they will always keep our main ghoul. I'm still over the moon about getting so much new to unholy so I can't say I'm unhappy.
    Feel the same way, don't get what people can be so salty about at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Feel the same way, don't get what people can be so salty about at this time
    Agreed. Ppl who arent testing the class dont seem to understand its currently in a really strong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Agreed. Ppl who arent testing the class dont seem to understand its currently in a really strong place.
    They fixed our scaling and lack of survivability?

They gave us néw pet options and models?

Still a pretend beastmaster.

Pet Gameplay in WoW actually sucks. No, really. Nowhere near the complexity and variety you could find in Rappelz, a Koream MMORPG, which was quite shitty in general, but was really pet-centered, meaning that you had a specific skill tree for each of your pets, different pet families, each with its own traits and perks, pet grades (rare pets were more powerful, much unlike in WoW where a rare pet is NOT a significant PvE advantage even for BM hunters, not to mention that those pets do not exist for any other spec), even pet classes! Well, the game was pet-only game, tbh, whatever class you played, pets did some 70% of your damage, so your performance depended on how good you were at 1) leveling your pet (just like in case of any Korean MMORPG, you could make irreversible mistakes while leveling); 2) controlling your pet.

WoW in general is not really about that. You barely control your pet. Even hunters mostly use pet AI in raids because nothing else is left to do. So why would Blizzard pay attention to some more dumb, more automatic, less meaningful part of gameplay while they could have turned us, Unholies, into a melee version of affli-locks with DoT-centered gameplay? That would be much cooler, because there are currently NO and have NEVER been any melees with DoT-heavy damage.
    Last edited by Amalkatrazz; 2015-12-12 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalkatrazz View Post
    Pet Gameplay in WoW actually sucks. No, really. Nowhere near the complexity and variety you could find in Rappelz, a Koream MMORPG, which was quite shitty in general, but was really pet-centered, meaning that you had a specific skill tree for each of your pets, different pet families, each with its own traits and perks, pet grades (rare pets were more powerful, much unlike in WoW where a rare pet is NOT a significant PvE advantage even for BM hunters, not to mention that those pets do not exist for any other spec), even pet classes! Well, the game was pet-only game, tbh, whatever class you played, pets did some 70% of your damage, so your performance depended on how good you were at 1) leveling your pet (just like in case of any Korean MMORPG, you could make irreversible mistakes while leveling); 2) controlling your pet.

WoW in general is not really about that. You barely control your pet. Even hunters mostly use pet AI in raids because nothing else is left to do. So why would Blizzard pay attention to some more dumb, more automatic, less meaningful part of gameplay while they could have turned us, Unholies, into a melee version of affli-locks with DoT-centered gameplay? That would be much cooler, because there are currently NO and have NEVER been any melees with DoT-heavy damage.
    You even explained that the game you described is an MMO based around the pets, therefor I would hardly think it's fair to compare it to another game that doesn't fit that description.