Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    One thing that annoys me about the above statement is that he says that like we have a choice.
    This^

The comment just smacks of BW just having no clue how to balance their game, and understand how changes will impact their player base.

They said up front, prior to the release of KotFE, that Heroic 2s on every planet would be relevant at end game due to the rewards. Now they're saying they're surprised that people would do them? How stupid do you have to be to be surprised by that? Wasn't that one of their design intentions?

Really, it seems to stem from, "We looked at our metrics and completion/participation in H2+ missions skyrocketed! I guess people really enjoy them!", ignoring that the entire current "end game" is basically..."Grind H2+ missions for alliance rep while waiting for the next update." Which sadly, given BioWares history of apparently not understanding the community of the game they are designing, isn't much of a stretch : /
    100% This....

BioWare makes some decent content and I enjoy their game... but I think that's a happy accident because apparently BioWare has absolutely no idea wtf they're doing....

Welp, managed to sneak in and it seems like healer companions are more than useful again. Cleared a few groups of gold/silver mobs from the H2+ mission I was on and my healing companion was back to being able to keep me up as DPS just fine.

So for the time being, it appears that at least healing mode companions are buffed up to borderline overpowered again.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    SOunds good to me. Might resub again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    SOunds good to me. Might resub again.
    I'm holding off still. Wanted to know how and when they'll fix the dps/tanking companions and I'm still miffed at the whole affair.

After reading that it smells of BS. Going to leave my account cancelled and focus on wow til legion I guess. Hope to get into beta there to keep me from falling over in boredom.

Jumped on tonight with my level 20 Powertech - did the first H2 on Balmorra (killing some resistance guys and getting some power generators) - sailed through it. Although my health went down a few times under 40% or so, Mako healed me up without too much of an issue. The H2 didn't have any gold mobs, though there were groups of 4 to 5 silvers.

It feels more comfortable again, after that very brief test it feels as though the healing has definately been substantially buffed, but I still had to be aware of what was going on around me.

But that really wasn't much of a test so, whilst I'm cautiously optomistic, I'm not ringing the bells for Bioware just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    After reading that it smells of BS. Going to leave my account cancelled and focus on wow til legion I guess. Hope to get into beta there to keep me from falling over in boredom.
    I think he was being honest. The companions WERE op at launch. I just don't agree that it was really a problem. Who was honestly completing heroics and star fortresses primarily by letting your companion solo it while afking? That would just take so much longer it wouldn't be worth it. This mostly affected the single player aspects of the game so I don't see why it required nerfing. They just needed to make the healer stance weaker in world pvp (even though its almost non-existent).

Also I don't think there is any reason you are required to grind the alliance factions. I'm pretty sure there won't be any real story content gated behind hitting a certain influence level with a faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm holding off still. Wanted to know how and when they'll fix the dps/tanking companions and I'm still miffed at the whole affair.
    December will be a good month to sub imo. There will basically be 5 events going on throughout the month so there is lots to do. I'm not sure I will renew my sub once it expires in January though. We'll see what the future holds for patches around that time and I'll decide if I should continue to sub or come back in a few months.

So I did my first H2 SF(Voss) with Infl 24 Koth. I gotta say the healing is more balanced now. I was able to run through the entire insatance with none of the buffs or tools and I died about 3-4 times. At the end I was dotting and kiting the Exarch which was kinda fun funny and a bit annoying.

At the end of the run I felt that healing wise the companions are in a very good spot. Damage could use a bit more buffing, not too much, bout 10% and tanking still sucks as they have little defensive stats at 65. Have not tried my lobies yet.

I am happy with this change.

its almost as if they want you to play with other people... weird

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    its almost as if they want you to play with other people... weird
    Except for the quote where they say otherwise about this content?

If they didn't want everyone participating in Heroic 2's they probably shouldn't have made them the only viable way to raise your base levels. The whole post is a load of flowery nonsense that amounts to 'Companions were too strong so we nerfed them but now people who don't want to group for heroic 2's can't do our endgame at all so we're buffing them again.'

Well, speaking for myself, the fun is back in the game again. I have resubbed, and so long as they don't nerf the healing companions again I'l probably stick around for a few months and enjoy it.

So I did another H2 SF and Koth is lvl 24 Influence and I am in complete 216(minus 3 mods) and I gotta say.. I do feel that GOD mode coming back as I get more influence. The heals were VERY good. I did need CC and had to kite Exarch but it is going very well now.

His damge between heals seems to be picking up too.

Yeah, I'm happy. Resubbed since I'm still riding that Episode VII hype train real hard.