Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallfury View Post
    I think this is supposed to be 'the night elf one' [IMG]snip[/IMG]. As a nelf myself i'm also a bit dissapointed. Hopefully it is going to grown on us.
    I would say that's a Worgen one myself when I compare it to my Worgen/N Elf Druids. The face looks very much like a Worgen/dog + massive mane that NE don't have.

Nightelf to me, would be more like:

Etc, etc.

I'm hoping they'll make one based on:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...NightSaber.jpg
    The necks a bit weird/long, but I reckon with some armor bits stuck on it wouldn't look half bad.

As we have lion/tiger/panther based cat forms, hopefully at least one model will be panther based.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2015-11-30 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Made huge pic a link

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark my words, the forms shown are from different races, the clue is in the ear shape, there are other clues here and there but we are getting four different versions of each of the artifact forms with multiple colours of each obviously. The real mystery is what is the owlcat form for?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Mark my words, the forms shown are from different races, the clue is in the ear shape, there are other clues here and there but we are getting four different versions of each of the artifact forms with multiple colours of each obviously. The real mystery is what is the owlcat form for?
    There was a post somewhere saying that these forms have racial influences, but that they are all interchangeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly want to keep my Nightelf Catform, compared to what it gets to. The huge fangs absolutley are a turnoff.

I wish they would have just made it more armored and maybe more polished model, that's all. But thats just me, I don't care about the druid models all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    There was a post somewhere saying that these forms have racial influences, but that they are all interchangeable.
    A blue post? I've not seen that and it would be a mistake to go that route imo.

So far I've actually liked the Bear forms better than the cats...o.O

I'm not entirely sure how many skins we'll get for druids that are played as alts which dampens my excitement a bit.

And the fangs are a bit over the top I must say...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2015-11-25 at 11:05 PM.

Bear forms look great.

Not fond of the cat form except the woody one.

All of them have bat-like ears and I don't like that every model has a mane and sabertooth fangs. Looks like too much what a worgen/troll form would look like, and I like my sleek Night elf panther styles more.

With that said, it's a step in the right direction for introducing form variety.

I also think the fangs of ashamane dagger models look hideous and puny. It's as if they didn't bother putting work into them since we'd never see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that really annoyes me is the fangs/tusk thing thats going on.
    But I am going to enjoy being a neon purple eyesore in the shape of a cat. Funtimes ahead.

Deleted
    balance affinity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    balance affinity
    That would cool and I had the thought myself but it's just a rumour.

A blue post? I've not seen that and it would be a mistake to go that route imo.
    No, the mistake would be shoehorning druids into a model based on their race.

There is zero chance that the forms are tied to your race, because they aren't going to come out with 60 more models.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    No, the mistake would be shoehorning druids into a model based on their race.

There is zero chance that the forms are tied to your race, because they aren't going to come out with 60 more models.
    They only have to tweak them a little, dare I say apart from the treant (I take that back, it's nice but it's mainly a re-texture as well) and rock form Guardian (if only they were all that outlandish) they are "fairly easy" albeit pretty reskins anyway, homogenising the classes/races is antithetical to what Blizzard are trying to achieve with the focus on the fantasies in Legion.
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2015-11-26 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I don't know if I'm misreading what's being said here... but the forms are not tied to your race. All of the forms shown in that album (or on the front page) are useable for all races.

Moreover, the "base" models of each form are getting a graphical overhaul too, so if:

A) there's an option to turn off artifact visuals
    or
    B) you choose an artifact that is not feral/guardian

then you'll get the normal cat/bear form, albeit an updated and nicer-looking one.

Why do the artifact forms need to be tied to race anyway? They look great. There's nothing necessarily distinctive about each of them that identifies them with any race, which is how it should be. Yeah, you can stretch a bit and point out "oh, yeah, long ears is ____ or fangs are _____" but, hey, the things also glow, so clearly they ain't going for a classic race-based look because I am preeeetty sure none of the races are, you know, bright pink, or covered in thorns. These forms are supposed to be like, super-charged versions of panthers or tigers or lions, not one-to-one representations of each race's base model with some glowy bits attached.

Why whine and nit-pick? They look good - great, even - and that's what matters. Seriously, they could've half-assed it and churned out something like the "armored" forms we got with Incarnation. Then you would've had a justifiable complaint.

We also don't know if any more models will ever be released further down the line as we progress. I feel like the possibility is there - and if that's the case, maybe those ones will be more to your liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    @lunaeria I'm talking about a Nelf version of the Treant form or a Worgen version of the Treant form, they wouldn't be that different from each other but it would be in keeping with the way they have always done it. You're acting like you have facts when all you have is some unofficial hacked info from a very early version of an expansion that will have a number of iterations till it launches. Nothing is set in stone no matter if it's in the files or not, experience tells me that.

Yes the forms are nice and they are hell of a lot better than being stuck with the same forms since launch. I'm not hating on anything, chill out
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2015-11-26 at 03:26 AM.

They look a bit like the original horde cat form, which is fucking awesome. Rerolling from resto

Man, Moonkins got fucking JIPPED hard...

Yea, yea, you can see your weapon, blah blah. The weapon is crap compared to these and you all know it.

Also, the Moonkin form update is so damn uninspired after all these years waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkiesidhe View Post
    I was going to be an uppity snot and say go tank/tree or go home but then I saw the pics. Now I want. <_> /totaljelly
    So affinity even shows in your forms??? How awesome is that?????

Bear form better kick ass! With luck tree form will no longer be referred to as Super Broccoli form. ;_;
    Broccoli Joe and Broccoli Jane are disappointed with your banter.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    These forms are supposed to be like, super-charged versions of panthers or tigers or lions, not one-to-one representations of each race's base model with some glowy bits attached.
    Except none of them look like panthers, they look like four lions & one tiger (or well three lions and one werewolf/lion/dog thing).

Why whine and nit-pick? They look good - great, even - and that's what matters. Seriously, they could've half-assed it and churned out something like the "armored" forms we got with Incarnation. Then you would've had a justifiable complaint.

We also don't know if any more models will ever be released further down the line as we progress. I feel like the possibility is there - and if that's the case, maybe those ones will be more to your liking.
    Personally, I would adore a perma incarnation Cat/Bear form model (I love tier 5 armor/incarnation model). I like new the models, I really do, but I just also want a model that resembles the NE panther rather than Tauren/Worgen lion or Troll tiger.

Just hoping we see a panther model released. If not well, whatever, I'll take the tiger, as all the tiger models are amazing.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2015-11-26 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Uh, I don't know if I'm misreading what's being said here... but the forms are not tied to your race. All of the forms shown in that album (or on the front page) are useable for all races.

Moreover, the "base" models of each form are getting a graphical overhaul too, so if:

A) there's an option to turn off artifact visuals
    or
    B) you choose an artifact that is not feral/guardian

then you'll get the normal cat/bear form, albeit an updated and nicer-looking one.

Why do the artifact forms need to be tied to race anyway? They look great. There's nothing necessarily distinctive about each of them that identifies them with any race, which is how it should be. Yeah, you can stretch a bit and point out "oh, yeah, long ears is ____ or fangs are _____" but, hey, the things also glow, so clearly they ain't going for a classic race-based look because I am preeeetty sure none of the races are, you know, bright pink, or covered in thorns. These forms are supposed to be like, super-charged versions of panthers or tigers or lions, not one-to-one representations of each race's base model with some glowy bits attached.

There's a difference between whining and expressing an opinion. Some people including myself prefer the old models and that's completely fine. We're just discussing using some valid points. I didn't see anyone yelling and bitching about it.
    Now there's a reason why people want cat form to have racial features. Seeing each character's race is a really important aspect of the game especially in pvp.As a feral druid you spend most of your time in cat form. So having racial features like horns,tusks or long ears help distinguish each race. Now imagine all cat forms using the same model. That whole aspect of the game would be lost.
    With your logic why have races at all? Every race in the game is supossed to be like a humanoid creature so let's just use humans or something.

They aren't. Each cat form artifact variant has a different base and then 5 color variations just like any other artifact.