Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    That's obvious. You don't use something just because cooldown is ready. You use cooldowns when they are needed. Just beause someone is terrible player and uses VR as a dps when it's not needed is not any indication of skill being bad.

If for example boss did huge AoE dmg around him on a 3-4s cast, most melees would start running asap whereas DH could get more uptime on the boss and VR like 1s before for example.
    You're changing the conditions. We were talking about using it as a tank survival tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    You're changing the conditions. We were talking about using it as a tank survival tool.
    Losing a couple seconds of DPS time in order to survive is always a good trade. True regardless of role, but goes double for a tank.

With the reworked fury of the illidari you can fury on him, retreat back, then fury back really quick so I don't think it's much of an issue. Plus there's fel rush

FYI you can double jump (and glide if you want too) and effectively cancel out vengeful retreats disengage and stay in melee. All it makes you do really is jump extra high. I guess can be useful if you use the talent to make it generate fury and/or the momentum talent. So there no more need to complain about vengeful retreat putting you out of melee

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    FYI you can double jump (and glide if you want too) and effectively cancel out vengeful retreats disengage and stay in melee. All it makes you do really is jump extra high. I guess can be useful if you use the talent to make it generate fury and/or the momentum talent. So there no more need to complain about vengeful retreat putting you out of melee
    Sounds like a bug, but very interesting, I'll have to work with it

I figure it's just like monks roll where if you jump before you roll you go half the distance.

Currently you can do two things with the same result:

Vengeful retreat - spam jump. Makes you jump back and then forward and you end up a bit in front of your starting spot

Macro /cast Vengeful Retreat /cast Glide /cancelaura Glide and spam that button. Same thing you jump back a bit and then end up slightly forward from your starting spot. Also if you jump and then right when you're about to hit the ground hit that macro all you do is jump forward a bit (in Dalaran near the alliance bank you go about half the width of the floating statue thing where as just hitting the macro you go about 3/4 of the way since you actually jump up and then the glide motion starts from higher int he air).

Or, if you Vengeful retreat and then wait half a second and hit jump it will cause you to jump straight up which could actually put you out of melee for a second.

Very, very interesting.

Could fix the issues with the momentum rotation, as you're no longer wasting on on getting back in after VR on the 2nd/4th. Which frees it up to return with the 5th one.