Gathering in Legion?

I've been looking and having found any solid info.

Is gathering purposeful again come legion?

There won't be mines and gardens like in WOD so one might assume so. Also in legion nodes are shared. Which is big!

Deleted
    No node sharing, I imagine back to botting issues unless they completely ditch flying until last patch. Sure bots might find their ways anyway, anyone remember cata underground bots?

Deleted
    Meh, gathering isn't going to cut it at my gold level. Atm 3.6 mio, making 250k+ a week, spending like Paris Hilton on a period. 3.7 mio dropped unto BMAH in four months. Would've been 2 mio more but i got outspeeded on capping mounts... twice :/

Even 10k/hour gathering is a waste of time. 100 hours of mind numbing task to make just 1 pitiful million? Pfffft. Which it will be much less than this, especially without flying.

And botting is a thing. Back in MOP there was no garrison, yet there was loads of ghost iron ore posted on AH for <1.5 gold each. On major patches it sprang to 3-4 gold each shortly but swiftly fell back to usual 1-1.5g each. That's less than current price of WOD ore on my AH.

I'll be busy obtaining high-quality recipes to make really good crafted items. With that kind of wealth level I can easily afford to supply mats from other people, never bothering to farm anything. Which means that I'm a market for you gatherers Prepare your stocks and give me a decent price

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    No node sharing, I imagine back to botting issues unless they completely ditch flying until last patch. Sure bots might find their ways anyway, anyone remember cata underground bots?
    oh hell yes i remember those guys. zipping around you couldnt mine for toffee

Yep, the underground bots were a pain to report. The "bounce flying" ones in MoP were a lot easier to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Meh, gathering isn't going to cut it at my gold level. Atm 3.6 mio, making 250k+ a week, spending like Paris Hilton on a period. 3.7 mio dropped unto BMAH in four months. Would've been 2 mio more but i got outspeeded on capping mounts... twice :/

Even 10k/hour gathering is a waste of time. 100 hours of mind numbing task to make just 1 pitiful million? Pfffft. Which it will be much less than this, especially without flying.

And botting is a thing. Back in MOP there was no garrison, yet there was loads of ghost iron ore posted on AH for <1.5 gold each. On major patches it sprang to 3-4 gold each shortly but swiftly fell back to usual 1-1.5g each. That's less than current price of WOD ore on my AH.

I'll be busy obtaining high-quality recipes to make really good crafted items. With that kind of wealth level I can easily afford to supply mats from other people, never bothering to farm anything. Which means that I'm a market for you gatherers Prepare your stocks and give me a decent price
    You literally replied to a thread about gathering in the next expansion, with a long-winded story about your personal gold making endeavours. You didn't even give any advice to newer players/the OP about how gathering can be useful to start up a players economy; you just went right in saying how good you are at making gold and undermining the whole point of the post. Jesus flippin christ, really?

OT: Shared nodes, and hopefully more lucrative measures by which to farm the available trading materials. Hopefully gathering and collecting gets more love, so it's a means for newer players to be able to enter into a market later on. I personally enjoy the grind of materials, even if the gold making per hour isn't top standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumaku13 View Post
    You literally replied to a thread about gathering in the next expansion, with a long-winded story about your personal gold making endeavours. You didn't even give any advice to newer players/the OP about how gathering can be useful to start up a players economy; you just went right in saying how good you are at making gold and undermining the whole point of the post. Jesus flippin christ, really?

OT: Shared nodes, and hopefully more lucrative measures by which to farm the available trading materials. Hopefully gathering and collecting gets more love, so it's a means for newer players to be able to enter into a market later on. I personally enjoy the grind of materials, even if the gold making per hour isn't top standard.

Well, these days you get more than enough gold to enter the AH markets by just playing the game(I mean dungeons, quests, etc).
    Gathering is a poor man's job. It's all fine as there should be professions even for people that can't bother to learn how to make gold on crafting professions or don't care about gold/hour.
    In the end everyone having their personal nodes doesn't mean much other than saving some frustration for non-bots. The bots will still be there to drive the mats prices down. Actually, this change might drive the prices down even more as the bots wont have to fight over nodes either.

Esubane's post was kinda shitty, but his advice is simply: if you want to make gold without spending unneccesary time doing so, don't bother with gathering professions :P

10+ Year Old Account
    if you remove the perks of garrisons, the value of herbs & ore and etc will go up dramatically.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you remove the perks of garrisons, the value of herbs & ore and etc will go up dramatically.
    Bots & Shared nodes counter this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Well, these days you get more than enough gold to enter the AH markets by just playing the game(I mean dungeons, quests, etc).
    Gathering is a poor man's job. It's all fine as there should be professions even for people that can't bother to learn how to make gold on crafting professions or don't care about gold/hour.
    In the end everyone having their personal nodes doesn't mean much other than saving some frustration for non-bots. The bots will still be there to drive the mats prices down. Actually, this change might drive the prices down even more as the bots wont have to fight over nodes either.

Esubane's post was kinda shitty, but his advice is simply: if you want to make gold without spending unneccesary time doing so, don't bother with gathering professions :P
    And surely they could've just said that instead writing a wall of "I'm so amazing look at how much gold I have." -_-

Would've been great if they had actually offered advice. Yes, there are better ways to make gold, but I remember having a lot of fun gathering/fighting for nodes and being out in the world. Now my "experience" is dead, since the only way I make gold is Garrison/AH. Not a great end-game goal, and not something I would eagerly or proudly suggest.

Regardless, offering advice and not overtly gloating is likely to more helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Bots & Shared nodes counter this.
    blizzard have gotten alot better at countering bots, but yes shared nodes will definitely have an impact that i hadn't considered.
    Hi

By not having each character have their own garden and mine surely the supply will be much lower. With the professions overhaul looking very promising I think gatherers are in for a treat, but it won't be as fun or interesting as other profs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    By not having each character have their own garden and mine surely the supply will be much lower. With the professions overhaul looking very promising I think gatherers are in for a treat, but it won't be as fun or interesting as other profs.
    Gathering without flying will certainly make it not as fun or interesting, yes. :P

Deleted
    I hope so I often found it relaxing in mists gathering with some music or a film on.

Shared Nods? So the nodes doesn't go away or does it mean that if 2 people try gathering it at the same time both get it then it goes away? Can someone fill me in here
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Shared Nods? So the nodes doesn't go away or does it mean that if 2 people try gathering it at the same time both get it then it goes away? Can someone fill me in here
    It will despawn after a bit, but not immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It will despawn after a bit, but not immediately.
    Correct, after the first person gathers from the node it will set off an internal timer before it despawns.

More about it from the interview I did at BlizzCon with the lead professions dev.