Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not the most incredible movie, but Banshee Chapter successfully gave me the creeps.

The idea was that people would take a drug that would stimulate people's brains(the pineal gland) and allow them to perceive things(This movie was heavily inspired by Lovecraft's "From Beyond"). People that took the drug start out normal, but begin hearing things over the radio, as does anyone within hearing range. The music that plays is from a short wave radio station, the specific piece is known as "The Conet Project - The Swedish Rhapsody Iridial". The music gets louder and louder over time until the drug-taker can sense something approaching at immense speed.

The story follows a woman who is investigating what happened to one of her university friends who was researching old drugs, such as those from MK-Ultra. He went missing and days after, his room mate who was a prime suspect also vanished entirely.

Overall, the chilling shortwave radio music, the vague-difficult to see monsters, and the mystery about how it all works made for a very attention-grabbing movie.
    Just a heads up, this switches on occasion between found footage and regular filming.

Here's the music they use to signal the approach of the creature, if the target is near radios/tvs.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Event Horizon

Those screams coming from the ship's crew...
    "Libera te tutemet ex inferis"
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2015-11-24 at 07:05 AM.

Alien and Aliens. I saw them when I very young.
    Cube. I saw it when I was tripping on mushrooms.
    The Shining. Just because.

There, worked my brain until I thought of a few.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Alien/Aliens when I was 10-12 on an old tv, at night. Cried myself to sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember the last movie that scared me, but usually it's those b rated horror movies with actors I never heard before that does the trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Event Horizon

Those screams coming from the ship's crew...
    I've rewatch it. The plot was so bad...I mean science wise. But yeah the scenes were very good in terms of horror and the practical effects. Also DO NOT google up the frame by frame scenes of the other dimenssion!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Grudge, because that girl was freaky as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't remember. I like horror movies, especially creature features (RIP Stan Winston, the greatest) so I'm usually never scared. The Babadook was pretty freaky and definitely recommend it as it was an awesome movie. But stuff like that has no lasting effect on me anymore. I do hate sharks though and I'm afraid of being out in the open water (Open Water was shitty back when I saw it when it first came out) so that could make me cringe pretty hard.

When I was a little kid werewolves would freak me the fuck out so naturally An American Werewolf in London/Paris was scary for me. Just watched Howl and I recommend it. The Kothoga from The Relic still visits me in my nightmares once in a while. Love that movie. A lesser-known movie monster but one of the coolest in my opinion. Saw it in the theater as a kid. So not a single fuck given there outside of my dreams when it's stalking me and wants to eat my hypothalamus. Paranormal stuff usually doesn't bother me. I guess because I don't really believe in it. It can be freaky as I'm watching it but has no lasting effect. I'm a huge fan of the Alien and Predator universe so that stuff is just cool to me.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2015-11-24 at 07:52 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Insidious 2.. Watched it with a co-worker at work, then she left and I was all alone in the on call apartment for the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly can't remember. Jump scares doesn't really get to me in any other form than managing to have me move in my seat a little, not really a fan of horror that relies on just gore either.

The only films that genuinely unsettles me is stuff leaning more in the psychological horror direction, like Kubricks version of The Shining, or more recently, the babadook.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember, but I think it was one of the Grudge movies when I saw it in cinema as a youngling.

A friend showed me The Babadook recently though, that was pretty good. Very unsettling atmosphere.

Movie ... never. Games ? I am saving Dead Space to play it with my gf, really don't want to play it alone. Outlast ... same deal.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

The remake of the Evil Dead was fairy creepy to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the later exorcist, had me paranoically staring at my alarm clock hoping id fall asleep before 3am cause that was the hour when Satan or w/e would come and take over you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Descent. Getting trapped under ground is my absolute biggest fear and that film pretty much covered all the reasons why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sort of a horror fiend, so I like most horror movies. Nowadays I don't really scare easily- jump scares don't often get me... what does get my skin crawling is scenes where terrible pain is inflicted on someone, and I definitely flinch at the sight of sharp objects.

First movie that scared me was Nightmare on Elm Street, when I was eight years old. Not a good idea- had trouble sleeping for years (my mom's biggest regret lol). After that, The Shining with the green woman in the bathtub. Event Horizon probably being the most recent scary movie I've seen.

2008, Martyrs. It was the only movie to ever scare me besides Poltergeist back in the 80s.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-11-24 at 02:05 PM.

Gravity, it was such a terrible people it scared me that people actually enjoyed it. At least I wasn't the only one who hated it as I heard a guy snoring in the theater

the last time i was geniuinly scared by movie it was when i was 6 or 7 and first episode of first series of x-files aired on tv with the dude who was eating human livers - i was scared but couldnt stop watching even though i spend most time hiding under blanket just listening rather then watching

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    IDK if it's a low quality of Hollywood, but the last time I was genuinely scared shitless was when I saw The Grudge when I was 13. Scary movies just aren't scary anymore.

Bonus points for The Cabin in The Woods for being unexpected, but everything else put me to sleep.

Does anyone beg to differ?
    Man, I cant play scary games, let alone watch horrors. Being scared isn't my thing.

Hell, I can't play games like Doom cause of that xD Too much imagination xD

EDIT: However...I believe I had nightmares of "It". That clown horror series or whatever. I was like7 or some shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Even as a kid nothing scared me.