Always human or Orc for DK? No exceptions?

TLDR: Went gnome (favorite race on Alliance) and thought it wouldn't be an issue because I knew my stuff from Cataclysm. Coming back years later, things feel so different on my DK, and I feel most of the time before I even think of using escape artist for any practical reason there's no need or I'm dead. I feel horrible now and wonder if that DPS difference makes that huge of a difference in addition to skipping over a keybind. People in my guild question why I play a gnome over a human on a death knight in this day and age, claiming it's for warriors mainly. I see Draenei DKs occupying the top ladder now as well for some mystical reason if someone can clarify on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    TLDR: Went gnome (favorite race on Alliance) and thought it wouldn't be an issue because I knew my stuff from Cataclysm. Coming back years later, things feel so different on my DK, and I feel most of the time before I even think of using escape artist for any practical reason there's no need or I'm dead. I feel horrible now and wonder if that DPS difference makes that huge of a difference in addition to skipping over a keybind. People in my guild question why I play a gnome over a human on a death knight in this day and age, claiming it's for warriors mainly. I see Draenei DKs occupying the top ladder now as well for some mystical reason if someone can clarify on that.
    Bc it's not about race, it's skill. They buffed trinket, and nerfed double dps trinket, so it's not like not being human is bad. My gf is a female gnome Unholy DK. We are by no means top of the ladder but we have fun in arenas and escape artist helps her get out of roots n shit when chasing mages/druids.

Human is still the best racial for rawr dps, while its dependend on comp, roots typically aren't a dks issues its either getting blown up in a swap or chasing a target

All of the racials have some merit.

Force-Target drop of Shadowmeld could save you.
    EMFH lets you run double DPS trinket(which isn't as great as it was in the past).
    Stoneform is downright amazing, severely neutering multiple types of DPSes damage for a lil bit.
    Draenai's Light of the Naaru is grossly underestimated in a lot of scenarios.
    Escape Artist is nice for BGs, but not so hot in arena. It's rare that roots are your issue.

Horde racials..on the other hand..really need a helping hand.
    Rocket Jump gives DK a much needed gap closer.
    Orc is a little more DPS, but human is better for this - even now.
    Trolls..erm..Not much to say here, Haste isn't all too important, orc is better for burst damage, Voodoo Shuffle isn't too hot, either.
    Belf offers a silence and gives a bit of Runic Power back. AoE Silence can come in to play occasionally. It is a silence, not an interrupt, so that's worth remembering.
    War Stomp + CC chains can be useful in some teams, it does DR so it kinda sucks, though. It DRs with Remorseless Winter so the Stomp>Winter combo isn't worth it.

Like every other class, if you're serious in PVP, go Alliance. Goblin's Rocket Jump is the only reason I'd personally play Horde, but I don't feel that's enough to outweigh all of the benefits of playing Alliance - namely most of the good PVPers already swapped to Alliance, along with the 65%+ win rate in every BG except one...gearing is simply easier, finding a team is quicker, reaching higher ranks is more practical.

To answer your question: For Alliance, Gnomes are probably the weakest race for every class except Warrior. Draenai, Humans and Dwarves are all remarkably strong, depending on what your team is weakest against. All three of their racials can win games or just give them a significant natural boost in power(be it offense or defense). Dwarves make you hard to focus on, with your full-debuff cleanse, Draenais self healing is sudden, bursty and undispellable while Humans just give an ambient increase in power.

Cheers~

Easiest solution would be to:
    1) change to human
    2) download tmorph
    3) change appearance to gnome
    4) profit
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Easiest solution would be to:
    1) change to human
    2) download tmorph
    3) change appearance to gnome
    4) profit