The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I upgrade?

Hi everybody,
    I'm thinking about upgrading my PC, but as I havent kept up with all the news, I'm not sure where I could or should upgrade. I'm asking because I'm having some FPS problems with Fallout 4 and other newer games. This is my current setup:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Gigabyte 290 (4 GB)
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 DC - 8GB
    Samsung 830 Evo & 840 Evo SSD

What would you upgrade?

Deleted
    What resolution you play? 1080p? Cause your specs are fine, check your drivers if they aren't up to date. As for some of the new AAA titles they are shitty optimised, need a gtx980ti to play like you should with the one you got. Developers get lazier by the years...they think hardware will carry them.

Unless you are prepared to pay like 600bucks for a 980ti then you can't really upgrade. R9 390 is same as yours and the 390X is a little 10-15%better than that.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-11-24 at 02:13 PM.

AMD released some new driver suite today which seems to increase performance by a good chunk, try that first but your pc should be plenty for most games still.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could get an aftermarket cooler (if you don't have one) and overclock your CPU, but other than that your setup looks fine for 1080p.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play in 1440p and I have a aftermarket cooler on it, I could of course try and OC.

Deleted
    What are you AA settings like?
    You can lower those a bit more, because you need it less on 1440p.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    AMD released some new driver suite today which seems to increase performance by a good chunk, try that first but your pc should be plenty for most games still.
    For me it's running just a tad bit worse than the latest beta build.. At least if benchmarks are to be trusted.