Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The are two totally different organizations, and only the boy scouts are specifically tied to religion. If a girl scout meeting has any religious overtones, it comes from the troop, not the organization.
    Fair 'nough.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why not merge the two and just have Scouts...?
    I was thinking the same thing. We're moving towards an all inclusive society.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Probably should fix the quote if that is the case. There is a big difference in what they are trying to say. Otherwise this thread is about to turn into a transgender bashing thread that gets locked in an hour.
    It's probably for the best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Probably should fix the quote if that is the case. There is a big difference in what they are trying to say. Otherwise this thread is about to turn into a transgender bashing thread that gets locked in an hour.
    Done. God damn it. Enjoy the updated quote. Hope the article does not get updated again after I lose interest in this post.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I had that basic idea, myself, a long while back.

It's not really the aspect that they want to be boys... I'm not sure why people are thinking that... It's more about wanting to do things that involve more action as well as being more outdoorsy.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Ioath View Post
    Done. God damn it. Enjoy the updated quote. Hope the article does not get updated again after I lose interest in this post.
    It shouldn't, probably got fixed after someone read over it. I removed my posts referring to it so it hopefully keeps the thread from derailing into the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why not merge the two and just have Scouts...?
    I like this idea. It would also help fight this weird socialization thing that starts happening around those ages where boys and girls end up becoming somewhat strangers because of the gendered isolation that occurs outside of school.

Deleted
    You can look at the UK to see why it's a bad idea.
    Boy Scouts have been dumbed down and the Girl Guides have been taken over by SJWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    You can look at the UK to see why it's a bad idea.
    Boy Scouts have been dumbed down and the Girl Guides have been taken over by SJWs.
    Re: SJW nonsense... that's flat out not true. At least not any of the girl scouts I've seen, and that's including not only the troops my daughters have been a part of and my wife has run, but also none of the ones at the international fairs or any other mass gatherings of girl scout troops across the state. Your paranoia is not justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We're moving towards an all inclusive society.
    Which is unrelated to a merging of two very different organizations with totally different intents and methodologies. Saying they should merge is like saying Mexico and the US should just merge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Maybe the girl scouts scout leaders need to pick more interesting activities?

I dont know man, they are pretty extreme these days. Plenty interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Maybe the girl scouts scout leaders need to pick more interesting activities?
    My daughter's troop did sessions on blood splatter analysis (as part of their forensics badge) and D&D, among many other things. It's all about the leaders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I dont know man, they are pretty extreme these days. Plenty interesting
    YES! I'LL TAKE THIN MINTS! DON'T SHOOT don't shoot
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Re: SJW nonsense... that's flat out not true. At least not any of the girl scouts I've seen, and that's including not only the troops my daughters have been a part of and my wife has run, but also none of the ones at the international fairs or any other mass gatherings of girl scout troops across the state. Your paranoia is not justified.
    Go back to my post and read it properly then open a map and look for place starting with a U and a K then realise why your comment does not apply.

Hint: It's not Ukraine.

Why are people asking to merge? I'm not totally against it, but having separate spaces for boys to interact with other boys is healthy and promotes lasting relationships. I don't see a problem with keeping them separate. If they have issues with the organization, take it up with them, don't try to change the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Private organizations should not be compelled to cater to every comer, especially when the basis of the organization is on a certain division. The purpose of Boy Scouts is more in line with drawing people at their most stupid-prone years away from distractions.

Boy Scouts is a pretty massive organization, and they're going to have the hard support of fraternities due to mutual interests and a desire to not allow a legal precedent of this manner to stand. And it is a good thing,

All im going to say is I would have joined the boy scouts if they had allowed girls to go comping with us...

I use to be in the boys club, now that I am grown they changed it to the boys and girls club, SOB...

Why is this a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Because the girl/boy scouts have a history of bigotry and religious nonsense?
    seeing they are ran by the Mormons doesn't that kinda make sense?

Here in Pennsylvania we have a 3rd option. Locally anyway, called explorers. It's co ed, they do A LOT. Camping, hiking, yearly trip to the rockies in Colorado, white water rafting, ice climbing, and more. I'm not sure what the youngest age they take people is as I wasn't in it, I was a boy scout, had I known about it, I would have left the boy scouts for explorers any day! My wife was in it, I've seen pictures, been to the meetings ( they often retain former members as guides). They seem to teach a lot about out door survival like the local boy scouts did. I do not know anything about girl scouts and what they teach except they seel yummy cookies.

Wait, this feels familiar.

Was it a boy joining the girl scouts before? A girl joining the boys? Or am I having pointless Deja vu?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Go back to my post and read it properly then open a map and look for place starting with a U and a K then realise why your comment does not apply.

Hint: It's not Ukraine.
    Yes, I know you're referring to the UK. First, you're assuming I'm from the US. To be fair, while an assumption, that is correct My point was that your SJW paranoia isn't valid here. And honestly, I really doubt it's valid anywhere, but that's a whole other post...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Private organizations should not be compelled to cater to every comer...
    The boy scouts are funded at both the federal and local levels. It is not, from that standpoint, a private organization.