Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucixo View Post
    Any way to track there mythic dungeon progress for the week?

Would be nice to know whose slacking on VP.

Thanks.
    I feel like this is somewhat of a veiled "HURR VP IS MANDATORY" thread.

Or, you could just make sure people are putting in the effort, so that all 20 + people in the raid team can spend less time clearing each week.
    Hahahaha, the elitist logic

"Everyone must put in more time and effort outside of raids so we can put in less time and effort during raids"

Maybe some of your guild members don't enjoy WoW outside of raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    takes like 8 mins to do a mythic dungeon.

anyway if the guild is serious then you should expect everyone to be at least 50-75% VP capped (skipping LFR/heroics is forgiveable imo) without a spycam on them
    If your guild is serious you shouldn't steal be clearing HFC you should have been BIS for everyone and your benches months ago. Nice memes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of everyone in this thread letting this guy know how wrong he is. I don't raid....but if I did and someone was keeping tabs on me,I'd leave their guild so quick.

Any way to track there mythic dungeon progress for the week?

Would be nice to know whose slacking on VP.

Thanks.
    If you really wanted to check and be strict about it (though a little insane imo) you can check the activity feed and see if all the Mythic dungeon bosses were completed in the past 1-2 days.

For instance you'd see "5 Teron'gor kills (Mythic Auchindoun) 21 hours ago" which would indicate it was killed yesterday (prior to reset).

Though, again imo, this is one of the fastest ways to get people to leave your guild. Forcing people to do content that he/she may/may not enjoy to shave off perhaps a minute off a boss is a bit crazy. If people want to do it, they will, if not they won't and hand holding people like this usually leads to bad things.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-11-25 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you really wanted to check and be strict about it (though a little insane imo) you can check the activity feed and see if all the Mythic dungeon bosses were completed in the past 1-2 days.

For instance you'd see "5 Teron'gor kills (Mythic Auchindoun) 21 hours ago" which would indicate it was killed yesterday (prior to reset).

Though, again imo, this is one of the fastest ways to get people to leave your guild. Forcing people to do content that he/she may/may not enjoy to shave off perhaps a minute off a boss is a bit crazy. If people want to do it, they will, if not they won't and hand holding people like this usually leads to bad things.
    Yup, could also start tracking mythic clears of each dungeon in statistics on armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ic#14807:15233 , for example

The OP screams baddie, that doesn't know or want to admit he's a baddie, and blames failure on 5 item levels of gear.

Yeah. That guy.

Pretty funny coming into this thread seeing everyone bash the OP not knowing anything about their guild, stance on VP upgrades or progress. Doing mythic dungeons is literally the same as doing a heroic dungeon if you're clearing or close to full mythic HFC. While it's not needed, it makes those DPS checks or whatever easier so they can focus on other parts of the fight and die less to that.

That would be my serious reply if OP hadn't mentioned it's just for farm. Literally no point if you actually can't find the time to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Pretty funny coming into this thread seeing everyone bash the OP not knowing anything about their guild.
    Don't need to know anything about the guild. Unless you are going for Server First or World First valor is not a requirement.

If you need that extra valor to make a farm easy'er or to finally get that kill the problem isn't ilvl or gear.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-11-25 at 06:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't need to know anything about the guild. UNless you are going for Server First or World First valor is not a requirement.
    I'm sorry but are not in the position to say what is required from a guild you are not leading. They can pretty much define themselves what they require and you or any other people in this thread have nothing to say about that.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fazer View Post
    I'm sorry but are not in the position to say what is required from a guild you are not leading. They can pretty much define themselves what they require and you or any other people in this thread have nothing to say about that.

/thread
    I can say what I want and I just did. Any guild making it a requirement that isn't pushing for Server First or World First is not a guild worth being in. The fact OP wants to spy on his members shows he doesn't trust them anyway.

Its a dick move point blank and simple. Hell the fact he has to ask clearly shows it has not been stated to be a requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhye View Post
    If OP wants to set the requirement that he wants people to get fully valor upgraded that's his prerogative as GM or officer. I didn't see the OP asking people for their opinions on if it's a good practice or not.

It's also not a question or not if it makes farm / progression easier or faster - it does. That's not to say they couldn't kill bosses or do it without valor upgrades, but you're implying that it's not going to help at all? 10 Ilvs won't possibly help a raid that isn't perfect and hasn't cleared the tier yet? That's just silly.
    If a casual raid has problems that are often difficult to fix in the short term, such as certain player performance, valor is a nice way to boost that performance across your whole raid without too much effort and potentially out-gear content even more.

Let's be honest here, even if you're in a mediocre second rate guild, if your players perform poorly, you're going to want any real advantage you can get to push them over the line. Often some players just don't want to get better, but expecting VP upgrades is a reasonable step towards getting more performance out of them regardless of how they play. I think it's a relatively reasonable request of someone's time to attempt to improve their gear if they're still progressing.
    No 10ilvls won't matter at this point because the problem isn't ilvl its the player. ilvl does not make up for poor performance it only helps lower it slightly. If your wiping due to standing in shit you will still wipe due to standing in shit.

If your wiping at 30% now you will be wiping at 30% next week unless you improve ur skill as a player. It isn't just ilvl its also the skill of the players. Like I said if they haven't killed mythic Archy yet 10ilvls isn't going to get them the kill. Its a player problem not a ilvl problem this far into it.

Disagree with me or not I don't care. Anyone who force's a requirement on there guild mates or wants to spy on them is not a guild worth being in. If he has to pull this stunt and can't just ask his guild members then hes a fail as a GM,RL or whatever role he is.

Edit: Another thing to add is if his raid isn't doing guild runs together that shows there is a lack of seriousness in his guild. So based off of what the OP has said. It seems he is trying to force his guild to be serious when it isn't.

This shouldn't even be a question in a simi-serious guild because they would have guild runs doing just that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-11-25 at 06:48 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not your guild, not your business. The elitists/SJWs crying foul over a requirement set in a guild that they don't belong to can go fuck off like they should and mind their own business.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

You've got like 5+ months of raiding ahead of you at least. Losing out on a few upgrades isn't going to make or break your raid group... and if that's the problem you need to actually investigate the other issues like not playing properly and dying to stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Not your guild, not your business. The elitists/SJWs crying foul over a requirement set in a guild that they don't belong to can go fuck off like they should and mind their own business.
    You really shouldn't use words like Elitists and SJW when you clearly don't know there meaning.

- - - Updated - - -

Riiiiiight. 10ilvs doesn't matter in any shape or form to killing any adds or doing anything remotely difficult in raid, lowering the time that players have to make mistakes by killing things faster. Got it. Sure. You can brute force a lot with gear. Denying that it's an advantage is stupid, plain and simple. Of course players are unskilled, that's why they're still progressing, that doesn't mean that it won't help bad players to meet checks by doing more damage than they normally wouldn't. How is this even an argument? Of course they're likely to fuck something else up, but that's besides the point, if they're not going to kill it short of say 200 pulls, the extra ilv might make it 175 pulls, or something less.

Unlike valor, you can't just flip a switch and make players perform slightly better...
    Never said it didn't give a advantage I am saying this late into the tier the problem isn't ilvl nore will it fix it.

Incase you missed it I also said the fact he has asked this question shows he wants to impose a serious requirement in a non-serious guild. If this is even a question then that means they are not doing guild runs to get the valor. So he expects his guild mates to do it via pugs and all. A serious guild does not expect you to do shit with pugs. They set a time and do it with each other because its quicker.

The fact he even asks shows he does not trust his guild mates anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If your guild is serious you shouldn't steal be clearing HFC you should have been BIS for everyone and your benches months ago. Nice memes though.
    Bullshit.

You can take raiding pretty serious with only raiding two days a week. Having HFC cleared months ago with only one real day for progressing, when it comes to the later bosses, is pretty hard to impossible.
    Saying those arent serious because they havent cleared in August is pretty stupid.

And its totally valid to wanna check if his raiders have done the VP upgrades. Maybe his guild is still progressing the later Bosses and he wants to place those who put in this little effort in the setup und bench those who didnt.
    I really dont see the Problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You really shouldn't use words like Elitists and SJW when you clearly don't know there meaning.
    But I do. People like you are the worst, acting all high and mighty dictating what is a decent standard and what is not, and rushing to the unwanted defense of guild members who didn't even ask for your white knighting.

Get off your high horse and learn some humility as well as minding your own business.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    I'm drawing a blank, i'm not completely sure if the raid inspect in exersus raid tools was showing the correct ilvl or not. I think it did, but not 100% sure atm. In any case, your best bet is to check it when you've formed your raid group due to reasons already mentioned.

Some of the comments, or better said blatant flames on this topic are bit sad. But i guess each to its own, or something..

Some people in this thread are telling OP how to run his guild, and that he should not tell other people how to play. I find this ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    But I do. People like you are the worst, acting all high and mighty dictating what is a decent standard and what is not, and rushing to the unwanted defense of guild members who didn't even ask for your white knighting.

Get off your high horse and learn some humility as well as minding your own business.
    Making something a requirement that isn't is a dick move its that simple. I have done explained this but yet you seem to want to attack me.

I am not on a high horse I am stating its wrong to force a requirement on a guild that isn't even serious. The fact he even has to ask proves his guild isn't serious or they would be doing guild runs because its faster.

But hey feel free to keep attacking me because I stated a opinion you don't like. Doesn't make you a hypocrite at all

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Some people in this thread are telling OP how to run his guild, and that he should not tell other people how to play. I find this ironic.
    Mhmmm no he shouldn't tell others how to play. You ether sign up and know what and how you need to play or you play your way.

If he needs to double check it shows he doesn't trust his guild mates. The fact he needs to ask shows his guild isn't serious and yet he wants it to be. A serious guild would do guild runs because its faster and saves ALOT of time then pugging it.

The fact he needs to spy on his guild mates shows he is a bad leader to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever attempted to get people on to do shit with a guild before? It's like herding sheep. Getting people on for raid time is hard enough.
    Ya been there and done that and its one of the ones reasons I don't progress raid anymore. Thats why you don't take people who can't make X times.

Once more a serious guild would do it together because it saves time. Not expect the guild members to do it on the side in whatever spare time they may have through out the week. If the guild isn't serious then you can't force requirements on your members like that. They shouldn't have to lose whatever freetime they had due to your insane requirement.