Deleted

Computer Build + reused parts

Hello
    i'm looking for some advice, i want to update my PC, saving 2 parts from my old setup: video card and power supply.

I wonder if can works with HD radeon 6950, or is a waste with this setup. The idea is to change the graphic card next year.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    Storage SSD: Samsung MZ-75E250B SSD 850 EVO, 250 GB, 2.5" SATA III
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    (copied form another post from Artorius)

parts reused:

Video Card: HD Radeon 6950 2gb
    Power Supply: Be Quiet! 700w

thx in advance

Depends how old the PSU is.. They do last for quite a while, but start to act up after getting hammered a bit too many times by power spikes etc. So usually I tend to get a new PSU everytime I buy a new motherboard.

As for the GPU, it's rather old, but no reason it shouldn't last for another 6-12 months.

Deleted
    So whats the budget? What are the full specs of your previous setup? Maybe the gpu is worth more of an upgrade now than the cpu.

Deleted
    thx for the reply!
    the budget is around 600 €.

I bought the PSU in 2011, and the CPU is an old i3 quad core but right now i don't remember the generation (if i remember correctly is from 2010).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual core with HT no?

Deleted
    if you can buy the parts listed for 600euro then get them. I would say they usually cost around 700. Without knowing where you buying from we can't tell if there is better deals for the money.

Deleted
    yes, actually on amazon eu (i live in italy) it cost 695 euro. There's another site with better deals?

thx for the information

Deleted
    For Italy only you can tell us unless someone else from same location can point you on another direction You have to do some digging around yourself for prices in webshops you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    For Italy only you can tell us unless someone else from same location can point you on another direction You have to do some digging around yourself for prices in webshops you know.
    Usually it's cheaper to buy from Germany than anywhere else if you live inside the ETA countries. And Italy does so, maybe Mindfactory etc. RMA might be a pain though.

Deleted
    In the end i spent 625€

but i think is better to buy a new PSU, any suggestion? Be quiet 700w are expensive right, now over 110€.

I got this case: Itek Ninja Gaming Middle Tower Case, Nero

Deleted
    Never seen that case or company before. Looks like some older coolermaster cases. Unless you buy a top end gpu next year then a xfx-550watts will be enough (its usually the cheapest good psu). You definately not need 700w for a single gpu.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Usually it's cheaper to buy from Germany than anywhere else if you live inside the ETA countries. And Italy does so, maybe Mindfactory etc. RMA might be a pain though.
    Sadly here in Italy it's usually not cheaper or at least not enough to make it worth as shipping for example will destroy any convienience (Mndfactory ships through UPS which cost 29.99€ to zone2 where we belong...). I'm not sure about taxes but Amazon should account them on the price, dunno about Mindfactory.
    Edit: there should be no taxes in the euro zone but to be honest I can't say more.
    Last edited by Illydan88; 2015-12-03 at 10:17 PM. Reason: edit