Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Almost every game is a Poppy now.
    Weird, I haven't seen many Poppies beside the initial relaunch day..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Thunderlords 45%CDR 0/18/12 Poppy with a Build of Merc/Ninja Tabis->Black Cleaver->Iceborn Gauntlet->whatever Def is best for enemy team.

No one has been able to beat me 1v1. I can also generally get a few kills in each team fight.

Poppy carry is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    No, she can clearly carry.

We will see Poppy in the LCS, unless she gets nerfed to the ground. Almost every game is a Poppy now.
    Highly doubt it.
    The only thing she is good at is tanking with her passive, with Crappy AD ratios on all habilities.
    She is a awesome "supporty Tank disrupter" and nothing more.
    A good used ulty does wonders on teamfights but her kit....argh so painfull to watch.

I share the same opinion of my bro Pawnce

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    She is a awesome "supporty Tank disrupter" and nothing more.

I share the same opinion of my bro Pawnce
    The reason she feels tanky, and has a tank orentated kit is because she is now a tank. Shocking stuff, I know.

I'm not sure I'd call a 130% bonus AD ratio, with %age health damage in there too, on a skill with a base 5 second cooldown poor scaling. And 100% ratio on her stun, if you hit a wall. Ratios aren't always a good way to look at a Champions damage, Dr Mundo doesn't really scale at all, but Mundo deals crazy damage if he gets in melee range even without damage items.

I'm not sure why he's comparing her to Sion. Sion is an initating tank, he fits in alongside people like Amumu or Leona, tanks who want to make fights happen. A much better comparison would be someone like Maokai or Cho'Gath. The guys who will just totally prevent you from getting to their more fragile team members. But don't be fooled into thinking they don't have damage of their own, they can really bring the hurt with the right sort of builds while still being super distuptive. Poppy fits in along side them just fine and that gives her a clear role on a team, with times where you want to pick her and times where you don't.
    I'm also wondering why he's complaining about Poppy only being able to stun if the other team is incompetant. The stun is a nice bonus, the ability is really "Headbutt with benefits."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The reason she feels tanky, and has a tank orentated kit is because she is now a tank. Shocking stuff, I know.

I'm not sure I'd call a 130% bonus AD ratio, with %age health damage in there too, on a skill with a base 5 second cooldown poor scaling. And 100% ratio on her stun, if you hit a wall.
    Her Q have +60% of bonus AD...not even total AD.
    If you manage to hit the second part of the Q is an aditional +50% of bonus AD.
    And this is my main problem with Poppy- her Q is unreliable unless you manage to hit someone in a wall.
    Most times i only manage to hit the first portion of the Q and do nothing for 5 seconds.

Her E does only +50% of *bonus* AD. Twice if you manage to hit a Wall (very rare).

With so much crappy AD ratios (if you fail Q and E mechanics) you might aswell go full tank and take advantage of her W passive (+12% of magic resist and armor, 24% when you are low)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-12 at 02:30 PM.

And this is my main problem with Poppy- her Q is unreliable unless you manage to hit someone in a wall.
    Most times i only manage to hit the first portion of the Q and do nothing for 5 seconds.

Her E does only +50% of *bonus* AD. Twice if you manage to hit a Wall (very rare).

With so much crappy AD ratios (if you fail Q and E mechanics) you might aswell go full tank and take advantage of her W passive (+12% of magic resist and armor, 24% when you are low)

Exactly? I mean she has her role. If you don't play any champion right then, you aint going to get use. Failing Q and E mechanic is not any different that Yas. You fail at positioning, then play Garen. Poppy is about smart play, Bronzies and Silvers fail at this shit.

Check this out. I was playing Nasus, Poppy pushed me under tower for 15 minutes. We had roughly the same CS count. We couldn't kill each other. Expect my jungle Lee was boss and made her pay for over extending. Then she talked shit all game about how she won the lane, but lost because of Lee. (Bronze Logic) That I sucked. Yet, I was 8-1 +6ed her 4 times, with 270 CS(mainly farming under tower) at 32 minutes. I had 600 Stacks, then she couldn't do shit. And I would go on to 3 shot her with the cane.

If you think you can duel a Nasus, and you see he can farm under tower. You better stop pushing. Logic like that will get you shit on late game because Nasus scales hard with CS. Secondly, overall with pretty much free farming her lane, she didn't buy a single defensive item.

If you can't survive then you are pointless. Learn to peel, learn to position. Pros will be able to utilize her kit better, I have already seen Sirchez carry with Poppy on the PBE. Bads will make her useless, just like anything else.

I don't get the point of your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account

With a Spellblade and 45% CDR, I can E, spellblade, Q, SpellBlade, E again, Spellblade and most things are already dead. within a 4-5 sec timeframe.

At 45% CDR her Q is less than 3 sec CD and her E is 4 secs. If you are anywhere near a Wall or Object (which there are plenty of EVERYWHERE) you can have them stunned for 2 secs out of every 4 secs give or take Tenacity, Q also does Your AD Damage + 12% of their HP during that stun.

If you think poppy is bad, I would just say you are bad at Poppy. Going 17/2/13 as Support Poppy is fun as hell.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-12-13 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    I have no idea how you guys manage to hit people into walls.
    It's not a matter of skill, is a matter of others playing bad. You rely on others mistakes.
    I have done a couple of awesome *flash* *E* into a wall but is very rare.

You are telling me you can do it in the laning phase? Even once?
    I want to know your secret.
    The only way for me to hit people into walls is if they are reeeealy bad players or when they get a brain fart and go step on my shield next to a wall.

I have done a Quadra Kill with Poppy and still think she is a 6,5/10 champion.
    But maybe i'm playing her wrong:
    -Youmuu's Ghostblade
    -Trinity Force
    -Frozen Heart
    -Maw of Malmortius
    -Spirit Visage / Deadmans Plate

40% CDR with 60 flat armor pen and trinity force procs. I avoided any AD because of her crapy AD ratios and went full proc's with flat armor pen.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-13 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hitting people in the wall is no different from what it was. If you could pull it off previously, you still can.

I have no idea how you guys manage to hit people into walls.
    Its suprisingly easy in the jungle, there's walls everywhere you look. You can even slam people into Anivia walls, Trundle pillars and J4 ults and stun them too. Hell, I even stunned Gragas against his own character model! Its harder to land in lane by itself, however if you manage to trap people in your W you can line up an easy stun while they're knocked up. You can use your Q for the same purpose too, although that will leave you auto attacking during the stun.

I'm not sure where you've gotten the idea her AD ratios are low from, 320 base damage + 130% of your bonus AD + 12% of your opponents max health is not low damage. When your characters lowest AD Ratio is 90% of your bonus AD its quite hard to call that poor scaling. It looks bad on the tooltips, but its only showing you half the damage there.
    It would be like saying Karthus shouldn't build AP because he only gets 30% of it on his Q, and 20% on his E. You're looking at only one instance of damage, not the overall picture which is why Karthus' damage goes from high to crazy with a couple of items.

I've been building her similar to how I would Olaf or Renekton, with Deadman's Plate, your shield toss applies the slow which is fantastic for catching people out. Then some CDR, usually a Black Cleaver, both parts of your Q and E apply it so you can get the debuff stacked pretty fast. Iceborn Gauntlet is great too against teams without many blinks, it'll mean people can't dash away from you, nor walk away. Righteous Glory worked reasonably well too, especially combined with your W, but its not something I'd buy regularly, only when its required.

Frozen Mallet worked out alright, it serves much the same purpose as Iceborn would. I'm not too fond of Sterak's though, I never really seemed to get hit with enough burst to trigger it, probably a lot to do with the extra defences at low health. I do keep meaning to try out a Titanic Hydra but so far games have been over before I get the chance to buy it.
    I've tried out damage heavy builds too, but its my opinion that Poppy works out best when built as a juggernaut, or as a full tank depending on your teams needs. I think her days of being either an unstopable killing machine, or completely and utterly useless are behind her. And good riddance.

Deleted
    Ok i changed my mind.
    She is very decent in the laning phase and one shots people who stand near walls.

I am already Mastery Rank 5 with her

I can imagine she's a nightmare against any AD non tank top lane, seeing as they tend to have dashes and when she engages, they aint goin' no where
    RETH

Really want to learn poppy once I get back into LoL soon-ish.

Man ohh man does this kit look awesome, I love the idea behind the ulti, how long did it take you guys to learn where to and where not to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post
    Really want to learn poppy once I get back into LoL soon-ish.

Man ohh man does this kit look awesome, I love the idea behind the ulti, how long did it take you guys to learn where to and where not to use it.
    Pretty much use her Ulti when Initiating Team fights, When my Team gets caught out, when I get caught out OR as a quick stun knock up with some damage that stops my opponent running away whilst my charge/Q come off CD.

It has quite a few uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Pretty much use her Ulti when Initiating Team fights, When my Team gets caught out, when I get caught out OR as a quick stun knock up with some damage that stops my opponent running away whilst my charge/Q come off CD.

It has quite a few uses.
    Thanks for the tips, actually feel myself getting a bit more use out of her now, I feel pretty confident, however I get destroyed early game by a lot of picks and end up missing a lot of that vital early game farm, guess I need to work on my trading skills better.

However I did have an amazing game vs a wukong top stopped pretty much all his damage/ initiation with W and slammed him into walls / towers killing him multiple times, (man that feels good) she does a lot more damage then I expect after 6.

I feel like BC is all most required on her what does everyone think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried her out in a few games, her damage seemed too low for my tastes and if I wanted to play a straight tank I would just go sion.

Nevertheless, my team mates seem to always lose lane vs her... somehow.

What I have found is I can use her passive to bait people close to walls in lane.
    Silver / Gold player here so I'm not dealing with the best players (but they are my skill level)

Basically people seem hell bent on not letting me have the shield, which most times ends up with my opponent just getting slammed into a wall followed by an Auto and Q, pretty hard to trade against that easily.

But yes i agree, her damage later on feels low, but I enjoy using her as a peel for the super squishy carries rather then diving head first into the enemy team like old poppy would.

Deleted
    Love the new Poppy, does feel a bit OP though and yes, late she does seem to fall off a bit. However, she still holds the ability to take out an opposing carry efficiently by pinning them against something.

7+ Year Old Account
    The new poppy imo is way more op then season 2 poppy.

so much more utility, she just has a high skill cap. that why a lot of players make her look under powered.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

Deleted
    That sso mych op!