... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    *Flips table*
    *Punches wall*
    *Sets building on fire*
    *runs away*
    glad I got that out of my system
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

Deleted
    -= I am not sure if I should be a sad or happy MW PvP/PvE Monk, looking at legion =-

Why the fuck did they remove all the skill out of TeB and SEF in Legion? Sure, SEF was annoying and if any mob moved you basically were screwed, but at least it required more skill than a fucking toggle. Judging which mobs would last the longest for maximum uptime, actually giving us a niche in two boss fights with shared HP pools. But no, that wasn't noob friendly. Gotta make it like a fucking combat rogue now.

And TeB, you had to know when to use that shit. Can't just pop it whenever you hit 10 stacks, sometimes using it below 10 stacks was even optimal. Plus if you knew a burst phase was coming you could pool extra for whatever you need. Still slightly salty at the Chi Brew nerf to 60 second cooldown in WoD, but now it doesn't even matter. It's a boring, 2 minute cooldown like everyone else has. Fucking yawn.

And seeing what DH can do, it makes me wonder. Was blizz planning on removing monk at the end of MoP? Because now it feels like they shouldn't exist. They have no niche anymore. They don't belong. Remove Roll from DH, that would be a good start.

There, that didn't make me feel much better but at least I have a place to bitch now.

Deleted
    Been progressing on my WW alt though a HFC M group on Openraid, and the other day I took a look at my stats:
    Crit 1.8k
    Haste: 1.7k
    Mastery 1.4k
    Multistrike: 1.1k
    (About)
    I ended up going tank spec for Fel Lord and one of the tanks swapped to a 720 mage alt, so we would have more DPS :/\/.

7+ Year Old Account
    We decide 3 heal mythic archimonde. We use HPal, Disc and Resto Shaman, so no raid spot for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    We decide 3 heal mythic archimonde. We use HPal, Disc and Resto Shaman, so no raid spot for me.
    Looks like time to switch to Windwalker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Looks like time to switch to Windwalker

7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope nerfing beacon won't make a raid need 2 HPals.

Balancing HPS == nerfing HPals' beacon but buffing their raid heal? I hope that won't happen in legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fxxk MW, fxxk BLZ. Be nerfed to shit.

Like do that hate monks or is it me.

WW: SEF gone and told to use SCK more is seriously a slap in the face

MW: eh changed for the better honestly

Brewmaster the spec they are so afraid to let shine or re work that at this point it makes me feel like they want it deleted or something. In all of my time playing WoW I've never seen a class taken so much as a joke besides shamans <3

Also I know a pruning went out but does anyone else feel that Monk just doesn't have any other abilities besides what the core of each spec does? (as in buttons to press)

And I feel as if are talents aren't finished (duh it's alpha) most classes have choice with their talents mainly looking at new Dps Shamans for reference while Monk seems off. I don't have choice for any spec and nothing adds more or less to my gameplay.

Hopefully everything works out I just needed this thread lol!

I honestly don't care how fun the new burst aoe is. I feel like the core identity of my main toon since 6.0 is gone.

All SEF needs, all it ever needed, was a talent that lets us toggle between the live version and the version on alpha prior to this crazy change.

I'm usually the one telling people not to be so negative, especially without trying. But with this new change, I just feel like the class I love is... gone. Not changed. Gone.

If this makes it to live, I will move on. In that case, it's been a pleasure reading these forums and I wish you all good luck.

I guess this is the right thread for this. I just want to rant and get it all out, lol. I want to say something about windwalker monks in pvp:

I think windwalker monk needs a second defensive ability.

Touch of Karma sucks now because most players KNOW about it and what it does. They know that when the monk karmas, you stop and don't attack the monk for the duration.

I think windwalker monk needs a second defensive cooldown. Well, it doesn't have to be a cooldown. Just a second defensive ability. Because all we have is karma, and it sucks because people KNOW about it now and what it does.

But monks are incredibly mobile. So I guess that sorta makes up for it.

But still. We need something else. Not just karma.

So yeah, lol. I just had to get it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    I guess this is the right thread for this. I just want to rant and get it all out, lol. I want to say something about windwalker monks in pvp:

I think windwalker monk needs a second defensive ability.

Touch of Karma sucks now because most players KNOW about it and what it does. They know that when the monk karmas, you stop and don't attack the monk for the duration.

I think windwalker monk needs a second defensive cooldown. Well, it doesn't have to be a cooldown. Just a second defensive ability. Because all we have is karma, and it sucks because people KNOW about it now and what it does.

But monks are incredibly mobile. So I guess that sorta makes up for it.

But still. We need something else. Not just karma.

So yeah, lol. I just had to get it out.
    Or just some % damage reduction, something all other classes have. It's fun in raids being the only one dying to AoE that hits everybody, but all other classes have like 10% damage reduction, while monks have nothing. (I have bad memories from Blackhand..)

Brewmaster was changed to be incredibly unintuitive with very little to guide us in the right direction when providing feedback to compliment the super secret OP playstyle that some of the best and brightest Brewmasters were entirely missing and the whole thing stinking of Blood DK back in Cataclysm.

Gift of the Ox Orbs still not being 100% reliable because of encounter requirements and the potential for twitchy bosses making everyone in the raid hate the Brewmaster having to shuffle left and right.

Level 100 talents still seem pretty lame.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Blizzards ability to do even napkin math is non-existent.

• There is no possible scenario where you can accumulate enough stagger naturally that purifying 50% of it and letting ISB drop off actually reduces the amount of danger you face.
    • Gift of the ox now consistently triggers after taking 100% of your hp in damage. Let that one sink in for a minute.
    • Brewmaster healing improves relative to damage taken as your maximum health is reduced, making Healthy Appetite, some raid buffs, and adding stamina, counter productive for self healing purposes. Since maximum hp increases more rapidly with ilvl than 750% of attack power does, this means your self healing becomes less powerful as you gear up.
    • Brewstash allowing you to bleed stagger levels by dodging attacks when you ISB makes purify even more useless.
    • Each rank in overflow increases gift of the ox healing by 10%. Each rank in gifted student increases gift of the ox healing by 3 or 4%. Yet there are relics that cause these two traits to compete with one another.
    • Brewstash and fortification do the same thing, but Brewstash does it well and Fortification does it poorly.
    • Fortifying Brew is on a 5 minute cooldown, has more artifact talents enhancing it than any other defensive skill, and yet NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE TRAITS REDUCES ITS COOLDOWN.
    • Blizzard was happy with the gameplay when Ironskin Brew made all of your self healing 40% worse

Dear Blizzard: DO THE FUCKING MATH BEFORE YOU MAKE THE CHANGE

Sincerely
    DisposableHero
    Last edited by DisposableHero; 2016-05-06 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Brewmaster was changed to be incredibly unintuitive with very little to guide us in the right direction when providing feedback to compliment the super secret OP playstyle that some of the best and brightest Brewmasters were entirely missing and the whole thing stinking of Blood DK back in Cataclysm.

Gift of the Ox Orbs still not being 100% reliable because of encounter requirements and the potential for twitchy bosses making everyone in the raid hate the Brewmaster having to shuffle left and right.

Level 100 talents still seem pretty lame.
    You have to give Blizzard credit, they managed to cobble together a spec for BrM after giving Demon Hunter's all Monk's tools.

(I think honestly the main thing Monk suffers from is a lack of love from Blizzard, Monk balance seems reluctant and often a complete afterthought while things like Blood and Druid has received an unbelievable amount of love and care.)
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Coming from one of my guilds main tanks. Fuck monks in legion. They absolutely butchered the spec to the point he's considering deleting his toon. What a damn shame.

Between Fire Mage and Windwalker Monk, I don't know if my purchase of Legion is going to be a waste of money. The way both class specs play are the only reasons why I picked them out of every other class/spec. With these dramatic as hell changes, I'm not sure if either will continue to appeal to me and I'd rather go play some other crappy MMO than to not play a pandaren. (Screw you, Elves! Demonhunter/BetterMonk isn't worth it to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    (I think honestly the main thing Monk suffers from is a lack of love from Blizzard, Monk balance seems reluctant and often a complete afterthought while things like Blood and Druid has received an unbelievable amount of love and care.)
    That was because for most of those iterations blood was practically unplayable, though. Druids are the favourite since the great monk nerf of 6.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Friendly reminder that this thread isn't for discussing or arguing with one another, just for venting frustrations. See front page if you're confused.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch