Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    Mistweaver stance change takes 1.5s and is unaffected by haste. Speed buff with low duration from Glyph of soothing mist can overwrite longer duration buff. I reported theese several times since WoD beta through twitter, in-game bug report and battlenet forums. It takes them longer to fix a bug than redesign the whole class.
    I don't think they will fix any more MW bugs, for the spec is going to redo. The bug like a healing sphere might be picked up for many times has never been fixed, since Geodew has twittered them for many times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emblems View Post
    It's so they can use the same Spell ID for every damaging ability the Monk has >.>

So when they nerf RsK or BoK by 20% for WW Monks it applies to every spec or atleast MW and WW from what I've seen in WoD. lol
    This is true, unless they wanted to nerf/buff only one spec, which also happened few times in WoD...
    What you are telling me is they are just lazy?

Tiny Rant - The inn at the monk order hall would be vastly improved with different music. There is a lot of great music in Mists, but that song has always felt like a ride at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Haha, I just hope blizz will finally revamp the transmog system and let us transmog fist weapons into other (read - less ugly) one handers!!! Ever since the start of HFC I am wielding these stupid fist weapons and now I will be wielding them for the whole expansions? I want my staff back, I want my swords back, dammit!

I love my monk and will stick with it as long as I can raid and enjoy it somewhat competitively , but actually not able to wield my swords and look at ugly hands though ( fist of diety) transmog does help, but not the same as my sword or even staff I have to go 2h..Please blizz, don't fuck us on the hand weapon transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
    Tiny Rant - The inn at the monk order hall would be vastly improved with different music. There is a lot of great music in Mists, but that song has always felt like a ride at Disneyland.
    I think Kazoo Band Pandaren Inn Music (the name I just made up for it) is the only song in the game that I hate...
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    Glow lines on shit fist weapon models, (rock hands are cool), the rest just were bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the ideas in the new mw spells, but most of them should've been added to the toolkit and later shoud not've been thrown out the window... like my hopes for the future

#BringBackClash

Nah but seriously. I think someone already did a pretty good explanation to the problems with a lot of the new Brewmaster talents - not very imaginative, not a lot of new active abilities, and while I'm glad they've decided to add Invoke Niuzao into our talent tree, I wish he did more than just pure damage. We're tanks, we're supposed to want to take talents that will benefit us AS A TANK. Pure damage talents don't really fit into this perspective.

Making him redirect a certain percentage of our Stagger to him, or cause us to take a certain percentage of reduced damage would fix this talent and make it super useful.

Also I hate Dodge as a tanking mechanic and I understand why Blizzard wants to make it a big part of the Brewmaster (swaying around in a drunken stupor, hard to hit, etc.), but I just very much dislike it mainly because I dealt with it enough with Guardian Druids and it didn't work out that well for them, hence why they will have none in Legion.

#bringbackclash I can join in on this one. I literally have bitched about it until this date.

'Why would they want to keep an interesting ability that makes me feel powerful?!'

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clash is still gone from BrM.

T____T

Oh wow, I posted the above before reading thread and the last 2 replies are also clash related. SO IT'S NOT JUST ME!!

I hate all the changes to Windwalker monk in Legion. I have no idea why they'd make it so damn... mundane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just, what? The slogan to my current understanding of Mistweaver right now: "What?".

I don't really have any coherent opinion of the alpha Mistweaver because I really just don't understand its direction. I'm at a loss for words and it's probably 87% me being dumb, 5% me disliking the design philosophy*, 2% me wanting red mist, 6% envy. This is all of the stuff off the top of my head that I don't understand, and if 50% of it goes away because I get over it while playing or its tweaked before the Beta is over I'll be fine. As always, not taking any of this too seriously.

The 'Successes':
    • The old mastery is dead, our new one is decent.
    • The hot mess express that was ReM + Uplift was removed.
    • ReM is now overhealing smart.

The 'What is this?':
    • Soothing Mist: Terrible now and advertised as the efficient lazy means to heal when healing is irrelevant.
    • Vivify: Chain Heal, but not.
    • Essence Font: Push to win AoE heals that isn't RJW (which also still exists because reasons).
    • No more melee healer, but we keep the toolkit. CJL for days.
    • New TFT is likely most effectively used as a ReM multiplier. Never seen it do that before.
    • Life Cocoon wastes a few artifact traits to only transform into LoH.
    • Statue is a talent. Healing Spheres are a PvP talent. The former was lackluster but rehashed content (and its worse), Healing Spheres became notoriously negative in the PvP environment promoting botters and a lame style of healing.

The 'I envy thy healing neighbor':
    • Artifact Traits are boring. +10-13% buffs. Random uncontrollable HoTs. Positional heals. Sheilun's Gift.
    • Everything Paladin: An column of holy energy...; an explosion of light causes orbs to form...; A mastery OP whenever my healing is also optimal (positional RJW, Chi Burst, Artifact Cone Thingie(? From TFT)).
    • Everything Druid: Your HoTs explode creating more HoTs in an epic ring of HoTs. No-Channel tranq, more instant heals, did I mention HoT explosions?
    • Most things Shaman: We get our rehashed Jade Statue, but you know, Shamans get a Brez Totem.
    • Disc Priest: It's apparently too hard for MW's to even comprehend the delicate nature of such a thing as fistweaving. Disc Priests get basically the exact same thing, while Monks get demoted to regular healers again.
    • Pretty much any other healer with some kind of relevant utility, I want one. I want something cool that the raid enjoys having me be around because only I can do it. Why don't we have some hidden natural remedy crap we can use? Surely it's not free heals.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2015-12-20 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Bullets are hard

Deleted
    I guarantee you the GCD for healing spheres will be 1.5 seconds, effectively ruining what they are meant to do. :^)

The fact I need a tier set to even do competitive healing frustrates the shit out of me. BrM tanking is a snooze fest. Fuck WW, either play perfect and get mediocre results or play above average and be terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    2% me wanting red mist
    ONLY 2%? That's the dreammmmm. Reminds me I haven't been bugging them on Twitter.

But amen to literally everything you said all the others are getting that identity they're pushing so strongly for, and we're having ours taken away.

Granted....some of the changes are nice after seeing them in action. But again:

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    Just, what? The slogan to my current understanding of Mistweaver right now: "What?".

Biggest pet peeve as a monk, being at 2 chi and 0 energy for a ToD or having access to ToD and getting sniped by a hunter.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Biggest pet peeve as a monk, being at 2 chi and 0 energy for a ToD or having access to ToD and getting sniped by a hunter.
    I'm totally with you on this. Worst even are warlocks who whine about when I use ToD because they couldn't do whatever to the target.

"Its a single target DPS increase for me to execute this target"... Well no shit, its a ST increase for me too.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

and every other execute class in the game >>

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Maybe you should've foreseen that you were going to use ToD and not have burnt your Chi and Energy. But don't worry, in Legion, you won't have to think at all because ToD costs no Chi and can be used at anytime. Seems a general direction for ww, you won't have to think much while dpsing, especially if you use clcww.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    Maybe you should've foreseen that you were going to use ToD and not have burnt your Chi and Energy. But don't worry, in Legion, you won't have to think at all because ToD costs no Chi and can be used at anytime. Seems a general direction for ww, you won't have to think much while dpsing, especially if you use clcww.
    There are times you can plan all you want and other people burn it faster than you thought they would so you get caught flat footed, it happens.