Dark Simulacrum Issues!

Hi all,

I am trying to get better at PVP and use all my spells at the right time and make sure I'm getting better at my DK class in general but Dark simulacrum is one of those spells I cant seem to use... I put it on someone but never seem to get a spell back? Or at least the keybind on my hotbar never changes it just looks like the cooldown resets? Is this a UI bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

If you use a macro, then no it does not change the spell icon. Get the addon called Simulacrum from Curse. You can customize it to display whatever you copied as a big icon on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post
    I put it on someone but never seem to get a spell back?Thanks,
    Remember, they must successfully complete a spellcast within 8 secs of you applying dark sim on them. Either they noticed the debuff and didn't cast anything till it drops off, or they were interrupted each time they tried to get a spell off - and therefore you couldn't copy anything.

In PvE i know some npc spells are simply not able to be copied (which sucks when you waste dark sim on that) - not sure if there's anything in pvp that is also "un-copyable" - besides spells which dont cost mana.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-11-25 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Remember, they must successfully complete a spellcast within 8 secs of you applying dark sim on them. Either they noticed the debuff and didn't cast anything till it drops off, or they were interrupted each time they tried to get a spell off - and therefore you couldn't copy anything.

In PvE i know some npc spells are simply not able to be copied (which sucks when you waste dark sim on that) - not sure if there's anything in pvp that is also "un-copyable"
    Avenging Wrath is the only spell I know of that can't be copied in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Avenging Wrath is the only spell I know of that can't be copied in PVP.
    chaos bolt, lava burst afaik are also not copyable.

If it doesn't cost mana, it can't be copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    If it doesn't cost mana, it can't be copied.
    not true, can copy blink, which doesnt use mana

7+ Year Old Account
    In PvE i know some npc spells are simply not able to be copied (which sucks when you waste dark sim on that) - not sure if there's anything in pvp that is also "un-copyable"[/QUOTE]

Or you dark SIM the casters on m assault and buttheads keep interrupting them!! Grrrr
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    not true, can copy blink, which doesnt use mana
    Blink
    2% of base mana
    Instant 15 sec recharge
    Requires Mage
    Requires level 7
    Teleports the caster 20 yards forward, unless something is in the way. Also frees the caster from stuns and bonds.

Improved Blink (Level 92+)
    Requires Arcane
    Your movement speed is increased by 60% for 2 sec after using Blink.

Dark Simulacrum
    20 Runic Power 40 yd range
    Instant cast 1 min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 85
    Places a dark ward on an enemy that persists for 8 sec, triggering when the enemy next spends mana on a spell, and allowing the Death Knight to unleash an exact duplicate of that spell. Against nonplayers, only absorbs some harmful spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    chaos bolt, lava burst afaik are also not copyable.
    Lava Burst is copyable.

Yep Chaos Bolt costs Burning Embers and Demon Bolt costs Demonic Fury, both aren't mana.
    Has to cost mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Blink
    2% of base mana
    Instant 15 sec recharge
    Requires Mage
    Requires level 7
    Teleports the caster 20 yards forward, unless something is in the way. Also frees the caster from stuns and bonds.

Improved Blink (Level 92+)
    Requires Arcane
    Your movement speed is increased by 60% for 2 sec after using Blink.

Dark Simulacrum
    20 Runic Power 40 yd range
    Instant cast 1 min cooldown
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 85
    Places a dark ward on an enemy that persists for 8 sec, triggering when the enemy next spends mana on a spell, and allowing the Death Knight to unleash an exact duplicate of that spell. Against nonplayers, only absorbs some harmful spells.
    Heh my bad. Doesnt matter though since you can copy bubble which doesnt cost any mana at all (at least according to wowhead and co).