Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's laughable that so many people are brainwashed into believing syrian refugees are ISIS.
    Its laughable that lefties thing none of them are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Its laughable that lefties thing none of them are.
    The refugee vetting process takes about 2 years and the refugee themselves have no say over what country they end up in. If an ISIS operative wants to come to the US he's not going to use the refugee system.

While Huckabee is an all around dumb-fuck, I kind of like this sentiment:
    ...he went on to say refugees should “end up in the neighborhood where the limousine liberal lives”
    Those that are enthusiastic about refugees should be enthusiastic about inviting them into their neighborhoods rather than insisting that those evil bigots must accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While Huckabee is an all around dumb-fuck, I kind of like this sentiment:

Those that are enthusiastic about refugees should be enthusiastic about inviting them into their neighborhoods rather than insisting that those evil bigots must accept them.
    I'm all for helping, and our Governor has made our State's intention to do so clear, but I'm not a big fan of letting lower governments get out of things from higher governments just because they don't wanna.

Refugees should go to the communities best capable of supporting them, whatever the election politics of the local party in power might be.

I wouldn't want to memorize Koran verses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The refugee vetting process takes about 2 years and the refugee themselves have no say over what country they end up in. If an ISIS operative wants to come to the US he's not going to use the refugee system.
    Citation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Citation needed.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015...-united-states the process

The estimated duration of it seems to vary, I've heard different officials go between 10 months and 2 and a half years. Chances are the 10 months is based on ideal situations ie not having to split attention among thousands of refugees.

The big take away from this, though, is that it is easily the most cumbersome and intensive screening process to go through to get into the US, and really only a viable option if one has absolutely no resources available to use other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even Huckabee himself believes this. It's hyperbole, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Best thing about that picture is that everyone there looks like they've had their face photoshopped on to them by someone else in the picture.
    I seriously spent like five minutes trying to figure out which one is Huckabee. The guy with the red shirt right?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I seriously spent like five minutes trying to figure out which one is Huckabee. The guy with the red shirt right?
    They're all Huckabee. They only seem like different organisms from the surface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? It is one of the world's most influential pieces of literature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I'm not sure what you're argument is then. I read all your posts. It's clearly a vaguely anti-refugee argument of some kind. Perhaps you could re-state it for me since I'm confused. It seems we all know Huckabee is scum, so at least we agree there.
    The entirety of my point is contained in post #26.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I missed the part where Comey disagrees with the statement: "Given the amount of screening, it would be incredibly difficult for a terrorist to gain access via the refugee process."

From what I've seen, Comey never makes that determination, and in your post, you're implying that he has. Comey is talking specifically about one single part of the screening process, and how that part isn't perfect. Are you forgetting about all other aspects of the process?
    I didn't know that Comey disagreeing with that statement was the standard.

In regards to the lack of ability to screen applicants only applying to one single aspect of the screening process, well I'd say that's the exact part we're discussing now, isn't? I mean we're not talking about medical exams, here.

- - - Updated - - -

Recruit people from a country with no visa requirements and have them come over. We've seen people can travel back and forth between France and Syria and remain free. Far easier than going through 2 years of professional inquiry and perfectly faking a back story with corroborating evidence and hoping you get sent to the US.

Even before the US starts screening you you have to be selected to be located to the US after clearing screening with the UN. Its not like they get to pick the US. Its just a absolutely terrible way to try to get into the country. If your concerns are about security, stop the visa waivers.
    That's all fine and good, but those people are still checked with Homeland Security, and it wouldn't have any impact on people from non waiver program countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That's great. SO what?

Deleted
    The Bible helped found western civilization. I don't see you praising that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Are you criticizing him for not praising every influential book at the same time?

Deleted
    Hillary Clinton refused last eastern to shake the hand of a black priest because she thought
    that could offend Muslims during ramadan.
    And yes it is totally made up like the op.

Deleted
    Are you criticizing him for not praising every influential book at the same time?
    Why do you hate the Judeo-Christian worldview so much? It's competition, right? You won't win you know. Move to a country where it doesn't exist; I'm sure you will be happier.

Why do you hate the Judeo-Christian worldview so much? It's competition, right? You won't win you know. Move to a country where it doesn't exist; I'm sure you will be happier.
    Jesus ran over my dog.

This chain is glorious. Nobody addresses anything the previous poster speaks about, and simply inject new unrelated data, conjectures and/or veiled accusations.
    I'll guess I'll honor the trend and question something of my own without consideration for any poster:
    don't you guys get tired of talking past each other?.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    don't you guys get tired of talking past each other?.
    If posters were truly fair to all religions, I could accept it. But that's not the agenda here. Wells' goal is to defend Islam and criticize Christianity (on a popular forum).

He forgets that the dream will never die. Join us Wells. We love music.

Would I be correct in assuming this was in the context of ridiculing our foreign policy and the need for global travel alerts, and that it may behoove Americans traveling abroad to know a line or two in case jihadist primitives take over their hotel and will kill them if they can't?