Poll: What will likely be your main spec in Legion?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    By the looks of it so far, I'll just ditch my Warlock I've been maining for ~10 years. They do something silly with it every expansion and I'm not going to bother anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezmoth View Post
    By the looks of it so far, I'll just ditch my Warlock I've been maining for ~10 years. They do something silly with it every expansion and I'm not going to bother anymore.
    I understand why some people get really upset with "Change for the sake of Change" .... But could you imagine how much more stale the game would be if these kinds of things never happened?

New tier bonuses, new legendary effects, new talents, new spells.. I think we need this kind of stuff to keep the game fresh

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's up in the air until Beta.
    Either Affliction or Destro. I've basically been Destro since day one when I started him in June of 2005.

I LOVE that old Shadowburn is back.
    But there's a lot of RNG that might be iffy.

I'll have to wait and see.

I have been Demonology since vanilla, still curious about what a summoner class may be, i do not like the way they are building it, with very low ranked demons to feed the "feeling and fantasy" of a demon master (imps, same FG, stalkers), i will probably try the destruction path, wich gives me the feeling of progress in power ( double CB, AoE demonic fire, Cataclysm.... It really seems to be yelling "POWA").

When a new exp comes out i want to percieve my lock becoming stronger, Demonology offers the same demon summoning of 8 years ago, taking away all the damage from the caster, i cannot call it an evolution, just cut away features and adjusting dps to do it, the whole operation smells like Dalaran sewers, and i won't be part of it.

From what i understand, the changes are welcomed by a lot of ppl not actually playing Demo, they say they will try it, i am really curious to see the numbers when the exp goes live.....BUT, there is a way Blizz can make it a success, it is simple, make the new Demo very strong for the first months, than nerf it to be balanced after the tide...

So, it is difficult to say for players like me, if Demo is cluncky and looks ridicolous with its dozens of imps, dogs and same ol/FG, but numbers say it is the way to go, probably i will follow....otherwise, Destro looks interesting, has a badass looking artifact and cool abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction because of the amazing artifact weapon, and because they finally are fixing the spec to not be complete shit to play as it has been since 5.0. Goodbye dot throttle filler.

I plan on playing Demo, and I plan on making it work in PvE and PvP just as I have done in the past.

Armory^

Deleted
    Either demonology or affliction. I always hated destruction, if I wanted to play that way I'd have played a mage.

I've played affliction for a long time, and Legion looks like it might actually be fixing affliction's glaring lacks (crap aoe and crap on-demand burst) without breaking the style.

Demonology because it looks like damn fun to play, and to me is the essence of a warlock, using demons. However, this presumes they'll be able to fix the issue I forsee with it, and that is being heavily reliant on a wonky pet AI and a lot of melee pets

Howeve rit is evident that once again, Blizzard are going to push us as a pet using class (which they've tried before)

Undecided, but either Affliction or Demonology.

In past expansions I could reasonably predict what the spec changes would be like and decide on one before hand, but this time Demo is so completely changed I can't do that. It'll have to wait till I can get into the Beta and do some trial runs with both before I can decide which spec to use. Plus getting the full picture, like complete (and reliable) artifact trait lists.

My warlock has been destruction ever since he was created back in "vanilla" WoW. And he will continue like that.

Will be leveling as demonology to get a feel for the "new" spec and talents later on will settle into the role and sim for raiding.

Whatever sims highest because if you aren't you're doing your guild a disservice if you're raiding and should feel bad.

Deleted
    Is that being ironic? Surely it is.

Sims are at best uninformative because raid mechanics serve to break them so thoroughly (for example, only looking at sims, affliction is clearly the go-to warlock spec. But sadly for afflocks, real raids have requirements such as AOE or killing priority adds fast, which affliction is just awful at)

Moreover, it is a truth that unless a spec is really in the trashcan then personal skill can make up a substantial part of the gap either way - part of the reason Blizz trashed demo was because all the sims said it was the go-to spec with the highest potential, yet in reality it was for many players clunky and unintuitive and required a much higher skillcap than other comparable classes/specs to achieve that potential. It is also a truth that if you are playing something you don't enjoy you're less likely to achieve it's maximum potential - it's perfectly possible that affliction played well is as good as destruction played badly, and so forth

Lastly, outside of Mythic raiding, it is eminently viable to play whatever spec you like - lack of personal skill is far more likely to hold your raid back (i.e. you're rubbish at playing your chosen class/spec or rubbish at encounter mechanics e.g. standing in the fire or not target switching) than hypothetical maximal performance

Mythic progress guilds, well, yes, everyone in those has the motivation to min-max as you describe and the skill to squeeze top performance out of anything, and such players stack classes or specs according to need. However, even in Mythic, such things are situational, given that top sim damage spec can sometime slack tools to deal with specific encounters.

There's a great deal more to getting maximising performance than looking at simcraft and saying "oh, that one has highest numbers"

And, bloody hell, I'm sure most of us want to play something we damn well enjoy playing too. I don't want to raid feeling like someone who hates vegetables munching through a pound of sprouts because they're you know good for me. And at my level of raiding, I can do that, and my guild generally lacks interest in Mythic because we do it for pure fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Whatever sims highest because if you aren't you're doing your guild a disservice if you're raiding and should feel bad.
    Or, you know, just play whatever the hell you want and then switch for raiding if the DPS gaps are large enough.

Most people aren't raiding super hardcore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    ...provided you can actually play that spec. Otherwise, you might well be doing your compatriots an even greater disservice.

Deleted
    Exactly, one of the problems with current demo (before the nerfs) was that far too many people looked at simcraft, thought "I have to play demo cos it's the best" or something like that and went into raids, got nowhere near the hypothetical numbers because of the skillcap involved, when they'd have actually done better to go with the much simpler, smoother and more intuitive destruction or affliction.

Not to mention, if you're playing something you don't like you're not as likely to do well with it anyway. And what's the point of playing a bloody game when it becomes more like an exercise in work

"Well, yes, I play destruction though I find it boring and unfun because it gives me better numbers" - ugh! Even raid encounters can turn into a grind interspaced with brief moments of satisfaction as you achieve a kill and maybe get some loot

I maintain that outside of Mythic you can play more or less what you like anyway, particularly if you don't let Recount ruin things, which it shouldn;t so long as the gaps aren;t too massive

Destro probably, may a month into the first raid if one spec is significantly better than the others.

I still want to play them all but I'm pretty sure I'll main Destro.

Blizz is throwing so many new spells, OP abilities and layers of passives all over the place that it looks like a balanced raid experience is going to be next to impossible.

So, I might as well take the spec that looks like it will have the most "Class Fantasy" with fun effects going off and flashy lights.

Plus Staff of Sargeras.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2015-11-28 at 01:33 PM.

From what I have seen and assuming I'll go lock next expansion, demonology. I'm affliction at heart, but I'm not a fan of whoring kills left and right to ramp up my damage. I like affliction slow, strong and steady. Demonology looks very cool though, and I am very curious about the artifact talents. And that head that makes all summon skills instant.. yes please.

I plan to play Affliction, but demonology seems like it'll be so much fun.
    I'll know when I see videos of Beta, or get to Beta Test :P
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction all the way since 2006