Thread: Ashran

Deleted

Ashran

Hey guys, so with every expansion I tend to start off with PvE, quit for the majority of the expansion and then come back at the end and do some PvP. I came back just a few days ago and I was actually dreading doing Ashran since of the bad reputation it has, but I actually love it and cannot understand why people dislike it, anyone care to elaborate?

Try joining when there is no leader and it's full and you play as melee then say you still love it.

I've never actually tried it either, I would like to do some just to get the achievements if nothing else, but I'm almost afraid to because of how much I hear it sucks.

I'd say just get stuck in and try it. It is fun when there are smallish groups as tactics can matter.

The problem is when it's full and your losing because no one is listening and there are people AFK or no healers. It just becomes a painful zerg fest and it's that memory that clouds all the good times.

Just try it. I thought its horrible, because when i quit 1 year ago i tried it a few times...and i have never seen something else then horde getting slaughtered at our camp. I had no idea why blizzard would do something like this to us.

Now i started with WoW again 2 weeks ago and after like 1 week i decided to try it once more...i had some good battles in their meanwhile and i geared my toon more or less in not even a week just with ashran

(PS: I tries Ashran because horde loses about 80% of the bgs i tried, some days i couldnt even do the daily bg win after like 6 losses)

I tried it for the first time few weeks ago.

It realy is bad. Its zerg fest. Zerg to here, zerg to there and over again. If somebody is leading, it goes faster.

Why would anybody love this shit? Because they are bad themselfs..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Try joining when there is no leader and it's full and you play as melee then say you still love it.
    This! (Altough it can be fun as a Frost DK too!)

Playing Ashran as melee is hell and really fun as ranged.

Its not fun as ranged either, it is just zerg and dealing with people who are unable to comprehend basic tactics, do not listen to the person who is taking their time to organize things for the benefit of the group, and then end up watching your great teammates zerg on the pass leading up to the empowered ore site, instead of charging in from the mountaintop instead of a narrow passage.

Or those groups where you just downed the boss, yet a couple newly arrived folks just want to go for the boss again instead of events and the group actually just zerging forward on the road, because well, it is less painful for the brain to just move forward instead of changing direction and move to the objective.

Great are those groups who will fight alliance for 5 minutes on that bridge leading towards the boss, instead of just focusing on the boss, even if it means that 1-2 guys will kiss the dirt.

And on horde it is even more fun, because who doesnt want to be in a group with just 1-4 healers and everyone else being damage dealers?

But yeah, super fun times in Ashran