Thread: Cardgame idea!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Cardgame idea!

Hello champions of Tyria, good to see you.

One thing that I always admired in GW2 was how the community is kinda great, and every single thing in the game can be made with groups. This is a very important aspect of any MMO for me, and GW2 achieves that with ease.

This makes me bring up one sugestion that I would love to see implemented ingame: A cardgame.

oh no, not another hearthstone or gwent!

Listen!

Some players don't care about the lore, while others care. This is where I think that a crucial point can be achieved by a card game: Use lore characters, races and other things from the game to make the lore more interesting. To get a certain card, you need to complete x event, or get x karma, or kill x boss, or talk to x person and help him, or capture x place in wvw, or get x vista. Add secret cards that spawn in random places, make dungeons drop cards with a certain chance, etc!

Then, with your deck, you can challenge other players for money, participate in mini-tournaments and something like that. I know, this is kinda impossible, but again, it's just an idea.

I'll give you an example of how this would work. Please, ignore the card mechanics, I just want to illustrate:

You are a norn, so you stick with Eir a little longer than us. During the norn story missions, you will get this card:

Now, let's say that you are helping the Tengu during a group event. If you (and your group) succeed, you'll get this card:

Now, let's say that you are a thief player (like me)! After, let's say, 50 wins with Thief in Structured PvP, you'll get this card:

You see? You can make the existing content a little more fun/viable with an idea like this.

Players will get to pursue the world content, and card games are fun. You can see how popular Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, Gwent and Hearthstone are, so, why not something like this in GW2?

What do you think? See you soon, my fellow Tyrians!

AGAIN THIS IS JUST AN IDEA DON'T KILL ME PLEASE

Someone is a fan of Magic. I wish this game had a card game, or any mini-game for the matters (belch game does NOT count) in it of some sort, at yet another extra-thing to do.