Black Friday deals, which graphics card to go with?

Got my Birthday coming up on the 30th and couldn't think of a decent present to treat myself to, then it occurred to me today it's sales week and I could do with a new graphics card. Currently have a 3GB EVGA GTX 780.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deleted
    You play at 1080p? If so upgrading from a 780 is waste of money imo

1440p I tink, 2560x1440.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    1440p I tink, 2560x1440.
    i wouldnt upgrade a 780 really... unless you have way too much money or wanna jump to 4k

I currently have a Power Color R9270x and I'm looking to upgrade to a R9380x, any Black Friday deals or Cyber Monday deals for graphics cards? I searched around briefly and was unable to find any.

Deleted
    @Op, i am with Zarg on this, unless you were going for 4k or must have the best 1440p experience out there then no, not worth it. By a good chair instead, something ppl forget when they sit their asses down for 8-12hours. That can be even more expensive than a new gpu

@ Shockzalot. There is a lot of deals going around now. Amd is cutting down prices on all 3xxx and fury cards. R9 380 going for 165-170bucks or so. I wouldn't really call an upgrade from R9 270x to R9 380 an upgrade worth the money. The 380 its roughly a r9 285 which is what 25-30%? better than what you got. So i would look at R9 390 for a real upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    Don't really see why everyone is obsessed with always upgrading their graphics card. A 780 should be more than enough mate, I would either save that money or spend it on something else. Remember, you don't NEED to buy something because it's on sale. Anyways that's just my opinion.
    Reminds me of an episode of Maddox on sales and saving. Save means spend. You don't save money by spending money, that's called spending. The GTX 780 is equal or sometimes better than a GTX 970. Keep the money.

Alright guys thanks for saving me some money lol. I'll keep what I've got.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I could see as an option would be another 780 for SLI IF you can find one still (highly unlikely). And if you can, don't pay more then you'd pay for 970.

Save your pennies for the new cards out next year. They should, in theory, be about twice as fast as the current gen cards, if rumours of transistor counts doubling is true.

Deleted
    Twice the transistor count =/= twice the speed

And I agree with others, upgrading now would be waste of monies

Is a 960 worth 180? I have a 750 ti

I have a radeon HD 6870 that is going bad, was thinking about going nvidia and getting a gtx 970. Is it worthwhile to wait for a possible sale monday or just go ahead and get it now? Wasn't sure if a popular card like that would be on sale. Haven't seen any for black friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is a 960 worth 180? I have a 750 ti
    GTX 960 for $180 is a good deal, but if your PC can handle a 970 or 980 I would go for it. Also don't forget the R9 390's and 380's.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I have a radeon HD 6870 that is going bad, was thinking about going nvidia and getting a gtx 970. Is it worthwhile to wait for a possible sale monday or just go ahead and get it now? Wasn't sure if a popular card like that would be on sale. Haven't seen any for black friday.
    For a good price, sure. Also don't forget the 390 is cheaper.